Sponsored

P Zero's

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
Well I have P-Zero all seasons on my GT and I get wheel spins in 2nd gear when it's below 50 at full throttle. Just letting you know.
Good to know but surely they're better than the summer-only P Zeros and I guess that's what I (and seems the OP) want to know: What's the best of the worst?
Sponsored

DropTopBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 EB Conv, Perf Pak, Borla Sport Axleback
I bought my '17 Ecoboost Premium Convertible here in Northern Virginia on Feb 12th. Of course it came with the P-Zero's and although we were still deep in wintertime we'd had a mild stretch and I was hoping it would last...it didn't -and the first morning that I left for work with temps in the mid-30's on dry pavement I had a little spinout even though I was only moving at about 20mph. So I began driving in Snow/Wet mode until we had a very warm spell for several weeks. But then the snow and cold returned and we were in for a week or so of very cold temps. That's when I decided to buy a set of Pirelli Cinturato All-Seasons from Tire Rack. They worked great in the adverse winter conditions but best of all they're just as grippy as the P-Zero's, the steering is just as precise and they are quieter.
I've got the P-Zero's stored in my work office and haven't decided to keep or sell them. I'm an old guy so I really don't think I'll ever need them for "spirited driving" and I have the peace of mind that the Cinturato's will perform very well year-round. It's true that roads get plowed and dry pavement conditions return fairly quickly but what bothered me most about the P-Zero's is how they turned into "hockey-pucks" below 45 degrees.

16MustangVet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang 5.0
Stock PZeros blow its a disappointment these cars have them stock. Best use for them is to turn them into a cloud of smoke and then buy some better tires.

I will never buy PZeros again.

Currently my car is on Nokian Snow tires and itll soon be switched to Michelin Pilot Super Sports by middle of April.

TCZGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT Convertible
I had my car parked when there was any trace of snow (P-Zeros).
When I thought the coast was clear a few days later, I drove to work on clear roads but when I got to my work parking lot I was unable to climb the slightest grade with only a skim of slush/snow on the road. Just spun and had to park it :(

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
They worked great in the adverse winter conditions but best of all they're just as grippy as the P-Zero's, the steering is just as precise and they are quieter..
Thanks ... how do they grip in the cold, dry pavement?

SubZombie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP 401A
I ditched the PZeros and got a set of Continental DWS 06 all seasons about 7k miles after I got my car in fear of the upcoming cold and all the warnings I had heard. The DWS06s had far softer side walls, they were louder, and the car was no where near as fun to drive. The only benefit was no chatter with sharp turns on cold tires. I tried to convince myself they were almost as good but they just weren't.

Now 20k miles later the rears are almost gone and I am getting a set of the new Continental ExtremeContact Sport tires that are reviewiewing very well because I miss the Summer tires. Going to take it easy in the winter. The couple times it snowed since I had the DWS06 tires they were average, and the rubber turned hard below freezing despite it being an A/S (which i head is the reality with UHP A/S tires anyway), so what the hell. I'm not going to drive on ice.
Sponsored