Sponsored

P-Zero: cause for concern?

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
To give you guys a little background:

Yesterday, I was checking my tire pressure at work before driving home. I noticed a really small gravel pebble had become embedded in the tread on one of my tires. So I pryed it out with a key. It left a nice circular "hole" in the tread where it had been picked up. I drove home and didn't think much of it.

This morning, I checked on that spot again, and the "hole" looks like it may have flattened out into a "crack".

Here's a picture:

picture.jpg

Anything to worry about? I have had previous issues with my P-Zeroes on my last car, and Pirelli words their tire warranty in such a way that about the only thing they are responsible for fixing is anything that relates to defects in workmanship...:paddle: The tire hasn't been driven in colder than 40 degree (Farenheit) weather.
Sponsored

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
I wouldn't be overly concerned unless you drive the car near it's limits a lot. I had this happen to a Bridgestone tire on my last car & it was never an issue.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Unless its leaking air I dont think that gouge would be a problem. Ita not going to explode from a small hole, although it might deflate from one.

Lowrider

Drive Fast...Live Slow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A poorman's coupe
The compound on these tires is ridiculously soft...They pick up all sorts of debris which engraves on the tires.

OP
OP
ElAviator72

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Thanks, guys.

I'll keep an eye on it, and promptly report anything else happening to this spot on here :headbonk:(hey, the locking lugnuts on the security package make it really easy to remember where stuff like this was on your tires!).

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
I would advise just keep a watch on it and check out other brand options when you need to switch them.
Sponsored