Sponsored

Oxford White GT

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Did you get a video of the exhaust? Is that the one from Ford UK?
Sadly not, but plenty online. Tony will have to correct me if I'm wrong but he has the Ford Racing by Borla Sport cat back system - which comes with an x-pipe. He got it lonnng before they were being sold in the UK. He imported from the states IIRC.

Superb sound, real racy, not super loud and not at all raspy. Some would say it's aggressive on a cold start but not as much as a Roush AB IMO. Borla are well known for non droning systems too.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Centurion07

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
As some of you will know this thread is here to serve as complete a history of my car as possible.

With that in mind it's been a while since my last post and annoyingly this latest entry is something I'd rather not be posting, but...it finally happened. :crying::headbang:

20181219-122128-1.jpg

20181219-122121-1.jpg

20181219-122132-1.jpg

20181231-104603-1.jpg

100% driver error and I can't even blame Pirelli as I'm on Michelin's finest. :crackup:

Little bit sideways exiting a roundabout onto a curved entry slip, bit sideways, corrected, didn't realise wheels were still slipping so as soon as I put a bit more steering lock on it broke away again and after a couple of fishtails I was beyond the point of no return and went into the central armco. OSF went flat immediately, NSR went flat after a few mins and then, lucky for me, the police just happened to come past. :crackup: Policewoman was very sympathetic and bullied the recovery firm into turning up ASAP due to the location of the car.

After some to-ing and fro-ing between A-Plan, the recovery firm and the bodyshop, (accident was 19th Dec, perfect timing!) I finally got the car back from some random compound near Fleet services and have started to make some in-roads on the repairs. A-Plan said as I have a modified policy I get to choose where it goes for repair which on the one hand is great as I get the choice (although you legally have the choice with any policy) and on the other is a pain in the arse as I have to do all the running around with it.

I swapped the original wheels (knew it was a good idea to keep them!) back on to find the car was driveable although pulling to the left a tad. I've dropped the HRE's off at my local refurb place to be told they're all buckled, I've had one quote from a Ford bodyshop of ÂŁ7.5K and that was just a walkaround visual inspection so there could be more to come.

It's off for a 4-wheel alignment tomorrow on a Hunter at an accident repair place so hopefully they'll be able to confirm what I suspect which is that there is nothing more serious going on than the bodywork issues.

Onwards and upwards so I will be taking this opportunity to make a few changes, some minor and some pretty major. :sunglasses:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Ouch, that's not so good :frown:
It'll fix though and as they say, any accident you walk away from...

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Noooooo

Thanks for sharing, was only thinking the other day I havent seen you for a while!

Hope it all gets fixed in time for the good weather, aint missing out on much this time of year anyway.

If you want any assistance from Ford, get over to Hungerford. But you’ll have to get in line, mine in there right now ;)

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Gutted mate, absolutely gutted for you :(! But atleast you are fine and the car is fixable.

having had an issue with my rear 1/4 it's hollow inside (Two pieces of metal welded on flanges together, so if needs be those can be pressed out and beaten back into shape with minimal filler. Ford will always quote for a new rear 1/4 which is ÂŁ1500 on it's own (Cut old one off weld a new one off, grind the welds flat and paint it) However, everyone i spoke to said this did more harm than good due to alignment of the panels (albeit i had a comparatively small dent from a gate rather than a whole arch buckled in.

Also looking at it there's a new rear and front bumper, new front fender, new alloys, New lower splitter/spoiler (front) - looks like it's broken off to me. and rear arch guards. That's all 'without' looking into the actual components underneath, as you're driving but pulling sounds like the suspension components are 'ok' just check the hub-bearings for any play as that's highly probable. (And possibly a drivers side headlight). But i'm probably waffling shit you already know lol!

If i was you, and as it's an insurance job, cut no corners, get it done whatever the cost is, if it's over a few 000's it's always gonna add a chunk onto your insurance regardless, but moneys the least of the worries at the minute, as long as the car is ok and back in perfect martini order :p

And wild guess your back/neck is probably a bit fucked up so the insurance hike will be covered by the concussion damages.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Oh. mate!! Bugger, I'm really sorry to see this. Probably my favourite S550 (apart from mine, obviously). To be fair, you do use all the beans to good effect and sooner or later these things happen if you are close to the limit. I like your thinking on getting the good from the bad and looking forward to seeing the 'Evolution' version soon! :like:

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
sounds like a perfect opportunity to fit gt350 front wings and swap the bumpers out :)

stevec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT!!
Gutted for you mate. Hope it all gets sorted soon as.

I have never been one to judge other drivers for crashing as you never know when its gonna be you. Seeing yours like this really cements this. having driven with you, I know you are a sensible (ish, after all you do have a mustang) driver.

OP
OP
Centurion07

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Took it for an alignment today.

They refused to do it. Because modified. :curse:

Guy reckoned they wouldn't be able to get the machine to accept the settings I wanted. I said "fine, set it to the standard Ford settings". Wouldn't do that either.

Now have to drive 13-odd miles to another place tomorrow morning.

Sponsored

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Always sad to see a Mustang bent out of shape. Glad it can all be sorted though.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Took it for an alignment today.

They refused to do it. Because modified. :curse:

Guy reckoned they wouldn't be able to get the machine to accept the settings I wanted. I said "fine, set it to the standard Ford settings". Wouldn't do that either.

Now have to drive 13-odd miles to another place tomorrow morning.
They sound like mongholes, i've got mine set to the gt350's alignments, and no place has refused because it's modified, getting it to standard ford specs on a lowered car can be a total pain in the arse, but if they've got a hunter there's a few differing ford settings, that said, it's still a royal PITA to do, but that's what they're paid to do!

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
As some of you will know this thread is here to serve as complete a history of my car as possible.

With that in mind it's been a while since my last post and annoyingly this latest entry is something I'd rather not be posting, but...it finally happened. :crying::headbang:

20181219-122128-1.jpg

20181219-122121-1.jpg

20181219-122132-1.jpg

20181231-104603-1.jpg

100% driver error and I can't even blame Pirelli as I'm on Michelin's finest. :crackup:

Little bit sideways exiting a roundabout onto a curved entry slip, bit sideways, corrected, didn't realise wheels were still slipping so as soon as I put a bit more steering lock on it broke away again and after a couple of fishtails I was beyond the point of no return and went into the central armco. OSF went flat immediately, NSR went flat after a few mins and then, lucky for me, the police just happened to come past. :crackup: Policewoman was very sympathetic and bullied the recovery firm into turning up ASAP due to the location of the car.

After some to-ing and fro-ing between A-Plan, the recovery firm and the bodyshop, (accident was 19th Dec, perfect timing!) I finally got the car back from some random compound near Fleet services and have started to make some in-roads on the repairs. A-Plan said as I have a modified policy I get to choose where it goes for repair which on the one hand is great as I get the choice (although you legally have the choice with any policy) and on the other is a pain in the arse as I have to do all the running around with it.

I swapped the original wheels (knew it was a good idea to keep them!) back on to find the car was driveable although pulling to the left a tad. I've dropped the HRE's off at my local refurb place to be told they're all buckled, I've had one quote from a Ford bodyshop of ÂŁ7.5K and that was just a walkaround visual inspection so there could be more to come.

It's off for a 4-wheel alignment tomorrow on a Hunter at an accident repair place so hopefully they'll be able to confirm what I suspect which is that there is nothing more serious going on than the bodywork issues.

Onwards and upwards so I will be taking this opportunity to make a few changes, some minor and some pretty major. :sunglasses:
Sorry to see this, but fingers crossed this give you the chance to do even more mods :like:

OP
OP
Centurion07

Centurion07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Centurion is this your car
Reading few years ago
upload_2019-1-18_21-54-5.jpeg
Yup, that was the evening where Andy Barratt was supposed to come to! :D

In other news, took it somewhere else for alignment today and it all looks ok. Yay.

I'd forgotten how bad the Pirellis were as I only did 3 or 400 miles on them before I put new wheels on. Was tip-toeing everywhere. Well, not out of junctions where I punished those tyres for being the evil gripless things they are! :D

Last time I drove the car any distance was the day of the crash 19th Dec. I'd been pining for it but had forgotten what a blast they are to drive. That noise will NEVER get old. :inlove:

Cannot wait to get it all sorted with the new look.

As an aside, I was waiting for some parts to come into my local dealer as just prior to the warranty running out (and crash) I got the dreaded cold air/hot air issue. Then I crashed so that got put on hold for a bit. The drive today has just confirmed the part they changed has made no difference so it needs to go back to have that sorted. Need to have a quick search through 6g to find what it is I need to demand they replace next. :cwl:
Sponsored