overly sensitive brakes 2021 GT

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
I have a base '21 gt, just swapped the front 4 piston calipers for gt350 calipers. Did braided lines as well. Powerstop z26 pads. You want "grabby"? I got grabby. Just a little pressure and the abs kicks in.
Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
No, its not the A10. Its as soon as the brake pedal is touched. Not normal, My 2018 GT did not do this.
Touched as in how - barely touching it like there's an egg under it, or putting pressure onto it before really engaging the pedal?

Maybe schedule appointment and have Service Center bleed the lines.

Park

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT, 20 Mustang EB and 21 Bronco Sport
21 GT, also grabby.

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
My ā€˜21 base GT brakes were super grabby like youā€™re describing until I upgraded to Brembos. The Brembos arenā€™t as much of a light switch as the stock base brakes.

RAVAGE88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT Premium, '19 HD FLHT, '08 Piper Saratoga
I have a ā€˜21 GT and the brakes can be ā€œgrabbyā€ if I want them to be; itā€™s a matter of how I use the pedal. I donā€™t regard it as an issue with the brakesā€¦.Iā€™ve had my car on stands numerous times as Iā€™ve done suspension and chassis work and have paid close attention to the condition of rotors, pads, lines, etc.

My Wife gets in the drivers seat and has to use the brakes a couple times before she makes an unprompted adjustment to how she uses the pedalā€¦.no grabby.

MB

Sponsored

22GTCS5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GTCS
22 GT got the car in Nov 23 First snow the first 2 times stopping the car jerked to the left for an instant then tracked straight. Didn't drive on snow again until this year. For normal braking the bakes are very touchy. My 18 GT was nothing like this one. At my last oil change the dealer said I had stress cracks in the rotors. Then this year in the last snow we had, I had to stop on a frozen bridge and the car turned about 45 degrees from straight with a semi coming at me. Drove straight to dealer to have them look at it, too busy to look at it at the time. Took it in a week later (dry roads) they found nothing wrong again. I guess the cracks they found at the oil change fixed themselves. I've complained to the dealer numerous times about the brakes. I don't drive the car on snowy days, rely on my 4x4 for that, but got caught noy paying attention to the weather.

Ramairetransam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 s550
go bed the brakes in , drive it hard and get them smoking and then report back , if you dont like it get some hawk pads that need some heat in them before they grab .

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
22 GT got the car in Nov 23 First snow the first 2 times stopping the car jerked to the left for an instant then tracked straight. Didn't drive on snow again until this year. For normal braking the bakes are very touchy. My 18 GT was nothing like this one. At my last oil change the dealer said I had stress cracks in the rotors. Then this year in the last snow we had, I had to stop on a frozen bridge and the car turned about 45 degrees from straight with a semi coming at me. Drove straight to dealer to have them look at it, too busy to look at it at the time. Took it in a week later (dry roads) they found nothing wrong again. I guess the cracks they found at the oil change fixed themselves. I've complained to the dealer numerous times about the brakes. I don't drive the car on snowy days, rely on my 4x4 for that, but got caught noy paying attention to the weather.
Some cracking on the rotors is part of normal wear. If the cracks reach the edge of the rotor then you should replace the rotor. Usually they're contained in the middle of the rotor face for a long time.

ABS should be keeping you straight, but it does need a little bit of traction to work. What tires are you driving in the snow?

22GTCS5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GTCS
Summer stock tires since it was new. Not a problem on wet/dry roads only Ice and snow. But normal use is touchy Again don't drive in usually in snow. Car sat for 2 + weeks without being driven and with rust on the rotors it felt like a very bad (warped) rotor. Drove out of it in about 5 miles.
I'm going to replace the pads and rotors (vented) when the weather allows. No longer have a garage to work in.
Sponsored