Sponsored

Other Drivers Behavior

lo-fi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Zero Options, Orange Fury)
I've said this before but I get out of people's way. I don't have an ego. If someone wants to pass me I let them. No blocking, no swerving, no brake checking, no rude behavior. I let them go by. Just yesterday I was on a back road and a little fiat was on my rear bumper so as I was passing a church I went a little into the turn in and let the Fiat go. He was flying, more power to him. He is doing me a solid by scouting ahead. I don't drive slow so if someone really wants around me they're moving.

The problem is so many of you, and you're on this board, are too ego driven to do exactly what I type above. You can't do it, you're mad, think you're law enforcement, or think well I'm doing the speed limit so I'm staying in the left lane and that's that. There is something wrong with you just so you know, there is. Just as there is something wrong with the person who wants to be dangerous and out of control.
Sponsored

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I had a guy in a orange C8 convertible do REALLY stupid things to mess with me Saturday. Passed people on the entrance merge area on the right, flying around people. I just Pepe' Lepew'd him, kept coming up behind him, then he'd do something else stupid to run away... I'd catch him a few minutes later, he'd run off again. He had no idea my car would CRUSH him too. That was the best part.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I've said this before but I get out of people's way. I don't have an ego. If someone wants to pass me I let them. No blocking, no swerving, no brake checking, no rude behavior. I let them go by. Just yesterday I was on a back road and a little fiat was on my rear bumper so as I was passing a church I went a little into the turn in and let the Fiat go. He was flying, more power to him. He is doing me a solid by scouting ahead. I don't drive slow so if someone really wants around me they're moving.

The problem is so many of you, and you're on this board, are too ego driven to do exactly what I type above. You can't do it, you're mad, think you're law enforcement, or think well I'm doing the speed limit so I'm staying in the left lane and that's that. There is something wrong with you just so you know, there is. Just as there is something wrong with the person who wants to be dangerous and out of control.
You're right except for the law enforcement bit. You do it right. But where's the fun in that? J/K.. but not really.

lo-fi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Zero Options, Orange Fury)
You're right except for the law enforcement bit. You do it right. But where's the fun in that? J/K.. but not really.
Oh, I'm all for burnouts and the occasional "lets light this bitch up" but it has to be in the perfect scenario. I'm fortunate that I live in a very rural area and can experience roads the way they used to be. But, I'm simply not a prick, more power to those who are in control and want to go a little faster than me. I let people merge in front (god forbid) of me and in general try to be courteous. It's so much easier to live this way. Everything is more enjoyable.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Agreed. If more people were courteous on the roads, and just moved over when someone wants to go faster, my what a less stressful place the world would be. It really is the little things that can make or break your day.

Sponsored

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Agreed. If more people were courteous on the roads, and just moved over when someone wants to go faster, my what a less stressful place the world would be. It really is the little things that can make or break your day.
I had an idiot tailgating me while I was in the right lane doing the speed limit, I guess he was confused about which lane he was in. It took him a few minutes but he finally passed me all the while staring at me. I do not know if he thought he was going to use me as bait or he was just a jackass and thinking he was going to make me race him.

Pistol_91

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
I always get someone in a Tesla or 350z or literally anything even a mini van go flying by me or romping on the gas pedal. Ive stopped at a light and actually asked them before if they're ok because they drive like a moron. Some people are weird. It's the modern day car culture. Full of weird kids, not like it use to be.

Topdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Os
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Gt Convertible 2021 (TBA)
Its a daily ritual out here in hicksville the local bogans love to tail gate on the only single lane road out of town down to the pacific hwy. Been here 3 years and the hicks are fearless coming up inches from the bumper.

Once on the Pacific hwy dual carriage way i go through the gears in drag mode exhaust letting the new h pipe belt out my abuse. A few kilometres later i see them limp past me in their old shit boxes.

Their favourite trick is to wait until the turn off at the next town and try duck in front me just as the off ramp appears.

Sometimes i get surprised sometimes i hold them out there and make them sweat. The enjoyment of retirement.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I was on the way home from picking my daughter up at school one day last week and saw a Porsche weaving around traffic trying to catch up to me. Ended up next to me at a red light (4 lane road, 50 mph speed limit). Gave me a smile and a thumbs up, gave him a thumbs up as well. He started revving the shit out of his car and when the light turned green he took off like a bat out of hell. So apparently his thumbs up was to race (no thank you). Ended up being a 911 Turbo (I get confused with the Porsche numbering system so donā€™t ask me which one, but it did have the newer style headlights). My dad gets pickup trucks trying to race him in his GT also. It just comes with the territory of owning these cars I suppose. I want no part of it on public roads though.

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
He's not exaggerating. Atlanta is crazy. I lived there from 1993-2003. They will run you over if you aren't doing 80 in the left lane.

Today on the Baltimore beltway, I was doing about 72 in the left lane, a girl in a BMW Gt hatchback thing pulled into the left lane doing about 65 1/4 mile ahead of me. I eventually closed the distance, waited for her to move when the opportunity for her to do so occurred. She did not move over. I waited until another opportunity presented itself, she did not move over so I signaled, switched lanes went by her not aggressively, didn't down shift, wasn't tailgating, when I got back in front, she gave me a thumbs up. I am certain it wasn't a "happy" thumbs up, it was a "you're cool" sarcastic one. She's the jerk-off, but in her mind, it was me. Whatever...
We even have the Alpharetta autobahn where speed limits are just a " suggestion"

Sponsored

MadRabbit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobey
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost
Here in south-central PA we have been invaded by the "drive 10 miles under the speed limit" crowd. I don't know where they all came from but they need to go back. The even worse part is, they will be 10 under and then if you get within a cars length of them, then they want to brake check you over and over. Had one do it to me last week, they kept brake checking me (despite the fact I was 3 car lengths back) until I started pointing at my dash cam and mouthing to them "Dash Cam!", then I guess when they figured out what I was doing, they suddenly became model drivers. I hate people.

HKusp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
We even have the Alpharetta autobahn where speed limits are just a " suggestion"
I was on 400 the day it was fully open. My 10 years in Atlanta have influenced my driving style so so much, and NOT for the better. My commute there was one of the biggest factors in my moving away. It made me so angry every day. Quality of life issues, man. Had to go.

markayash

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I was on 400 the day it was fully open. My 10 years in Atlanta have influenced my driving style so so much, and NOT for the better. My commute there was one of the biggest factors in my moving away. It made me so angry every day. Quality of life issues, man. Had to go.
Your just jealous a wood grain mini van passed you when you were doing 85:)
JK I have been driving in Atl for 40 years and its getting worse for sure. Luckily I work remote and don't have to get out much,.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Part of the reason I got a black car and put the base Mach low profile spoiler on it instead of a wing - it blends in for the most part. I get a lot of thumbs up from guys in other cool cars and on bikes but thatā€™s about it

Iā€™ve been driving with no plate for 3 months thanks to a dealership screw up and havenā€™t been pulled over once either šŸ¤ž
Hopefully you have some documentation showing the dealer screw up with your plates just in case you do get pulled over

Trout1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I noticed where I live in Northern Calif in the foothills there is a two lane road I travel where when the car in front of me pulls over to let me pass. I am not tail gating either.
Sponsored