Sponsored

Ordering Questions

Rob9331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 335i xdrive coupe
Sorry for the Noob question but how does ordering work, I know you go to the dealer but are there any fees you pay? First time ordering a car and planning to trade in my car.
Sponsored

Wingzfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
There is no set fee but the dealer may ask for a deposit. The amount will vary depending on the dealer. Whatever they offer, make sure you get it in writing before handing them a check. Also, make sure the deposit is refundable.

OP
OP

Rob9331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 335i xdrive coupe
Thanks!

dcrypter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
Also when ordering you car your best bet is to go with the largest volume dealer in your area as they get scheduled before smaller volume dealers

Tubalkayne

First Time Mustang Owner
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Steeda PP, Competition Orange,
Some dealers will want retail price or close to it for a car. You may want to look for a way to get the X-Plan pricing it will save you some money.

Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
There's a sticky at the top of this section about x-plan pricing. Save yourself some money by reading that thread.

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro
Sorry for the Noob question but how does ordering work, I know you go to the dealer but are there any fees you pay? First time ordering a car and planning to trade in my car.
What exactly are you looking for? Ford.com has a very powerful search tool that allows you to search all cars coming or delivered to any area.

I would sign up for X-Plan either through EAA $40/year or MCA $50/year tell the Dealer from the start you are an X-Plan Ford Partner.

If you decide to order a car your dealer (inventory manager, usually) will build the car and place the order. Some dealers require a deposit some don't. Not much else to it. I did mine completely through email and over the phone.

OP
OP

Rob9331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 335i xdrive coupe
Thanks guys haven't looked at x-plan since I get a discount from my job( make transmission seals for ford,gm, dodge etc. but I might seeing all you guys recommend it.

OP
OP

Rob9331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 335i xdrive coupe
What exactly are you looking for? Ford.com has a very powerful search tool that allows you to search all cars coming or delivered to any area.

I would sign up for X-Plan either through EAA $40/year or MCA $50/year tell the Dealer from the start you are an X-Plan Ford Partner.

If you decide to order a car your dealer (inventory manager, usually) will build the car and place the order. Some dealers require a deposit some don't. Not much else to it. I did mine completely through email and over the phone.
I have been on there these last couple of days, but none of the cars have the color/options I want.

looking for a 5.0, DIB, 401a package, 3.55, "20"s and redline interior

Tim Hilliard

Happy Owner
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Guard 300A PP Recaro

Sponsored

dcrypter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT

Blacksheep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
There is no set fee but the dealer may ask for a deposit. The amount will vary depending on the dealer. Whatever they offer, make sure you get it in writing before handing them a check. Also, make sure the deposit is refundable.
The dealer I went to the manager was being a dick and says deposit is non-refundable. I was gonna do customize retail order. But we didn't reach a deal. For future reference can they make the deposit non refundable? And in what situation can you ask for your deposit back? Thanks in advance for any input.

JTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Ecoboost
Stay away from dealers that say the deposit in nonrefundable. Simple as that.

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
The dealer I went to the manager was being a dick and says deposit is non-refundable. I was gonna do customize retail order. But we didn't reach a deal. For future reference can they make the deposit non refundable? And in what situation can you ask for your deposit back? Thanks in advance for any input.
Lots of Ford dealers that don't treat their customers like crap. I've ordered 3 cars from one dealer. Went in to order the Mustang and they wanted a non-refundable $1000 deposit. Found myself another dealer and after the mustang will have bought two cars from them. Screw the dealers that try to make money on nothing.
Sponsored