Sponsored

I am ordering tomorrow-few questions

soon2be

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
soon ecoboostPP
Hey everyone-

First time poster but I have been reading and following the new mustang on here for a while now.

I am going to the dealer tomorrow to place an order on a base Ecoboost with PP. I was already there earlier in the week to ask the common questions and test drive a GT manual and eco auto. He took 3k off the GT and quoted 30k before trade-in. I am hoping he gives me a similarly good deal on the ecoboost.

One thing I was worried about the ecoboost is the reliability of the motor. But from what I've seen so far is this power-plant is proving to be stout and reliable.

These are some of the questions I asked…
How long for an order? He said 8-12 weeks...?
Do we price the OTD today? Deposit? (deposit is refundable)
How does the trade come into the equation? But now I am wondering if the value stays the same once I trade it in during delivery?

I am going tomorrow to get a trade-in estimate but I wanted to ask you guys if there is anything else I should keep mindful of? Obviously this is my first new car-i'm 30.

Thanks for the help,

cheers
Sponsored

TurboAg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost PP 6MT
I ordered Nov 7 and delivery was Dec 19.

I did not discuss OTD pricing at time of order. I had them put in writing the max it would be was MSRP less any incentives/rebates available at time of purchase.

The dealer told me I didn't need to place a deposit.

Don't drive off the lot without knowing your new vehicle is insured.

Don't sign up for dealer warranties, etc they try to sell you.

Know how the financing works. They offered me an outrageous lease deal without checking credit or showing me any inputs. Ask to see all the financing inputs.

OP
OP

soon2be

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
soon ecoboostPP
I ordered Nov 7 and delivery was Dec 19.

I did not discuss OTD pricing at time of order. I had them put in writing the max it would be was MSRP less any incentives/rebates available at time of purchase.

The dealer told me I didn't need to place a deposit.

Don't drive off the lot without knowing your new vehicle is insured.

Don't sign up for dealer warranties, etc they try to sell you.

Know how the financing works. They offered me an outrageous lease deal without checking credit or showing me any inputs. Ask to see all the financing inputs.
Thanks for the info!

So your order was put in as a dealer stock order? Basically you were not fully committed to the purchase when the order was placed?

thanks again

Figures

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
1. With the return to work on the 2nd 8-12 weeks is about right. (mine took 11 weeks, however there are some on here that have been waiting quite a bit longer.)

2. We did not discuss out the door price since whatever incentives are offered at the time the car comes in will affect this, however ensure you get a printout of the DORA with the pricing on it. 2b. I had to put 500 down and had them write down that it was refundable.

3. no idea since I did not trade anything in but this can affect the out the door cost in some states since it helps lessen the state taxes.

Edit:

I actually looked up the state and county taxes and created a spreadsheet for a rough estimate of the out the door price with current incentives and was only off by $100 so as TurboAg said know the financing stuff.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I think 8-10 weeks is a solid time at this point, trade value will drop but it really depends on what it is, how many miles, etc.

Sponsored

Dary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT
Since you're new in here I'd recommend signing up for EAA to get X-Plan pricing and $750 off eCertificate. However, since you're ordering and usually it will take around 8 weeks the $750 eCertificate will expire. But if you find the 'one' on Ford inventory website you could scoure the deal before the 5th of January when the eCertificate expires.

For the trade in. I'd recommend you to go to at least 4 Ford dealerships to get the best trade in offer. I'm sure some dealers will lowball you, that's why you should check multiple dealers and go with the best offer.

TurboAg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost PP 6MT
Also realize the dealer has quite a bit of leverage when you are ordering a car like this. They know you obviously really want to buy the car you ordered. You can't easily walk away and get the same car somewhere else.

Know the discounts off MSRP that are available, don't assume they will give you all of them.

If you are financing know your credit and market interest rates. Know Ford's credit tier system. Don't sign on a monthly payment without knowing the inputs. The monthly payment is the output of a financial model. They can generate any kind of number you want to see but that doesn't mean it is a good deal. You have to see all the inputs to know if the monthly payment is a good deal.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
Hey everyone-

First time poster but I have been reading and following the new mustang on here for a while now.

I am going to the dealer tomorrow to place an order on a base Ecoboost with PP. I was already there earlier in the week to ask the common questions and test drive a GT manual and eco auto. He took 3k off the GT and quoted 30k before trade-in. I am hoping he gives me a similarly good deal on the ecoboost.

One thing I was worried about the ecoboost is the reliability of the motor. But from what I've seen so far is this power-plant is proving to be stout and reliable.

These are some of the questions I asked…
How long for an order? He said 8-12 weeks...?
Do we price the OTD today? Deposit? (deposit is refundable)
How does the trade come into the equation? But now I am wondering if the value stays the same once I trade it in during delivery?

I am going tomorrow to get a trade-in estimate but I wanted to ask you guys if there is anything else I should keep mindful of? Obviously this is my first new car-i'm 30.

Thanks for the help,

cheers
8 to 12 weeks? How about those of us that are (plus) 16 weeks and still counting?:D
Sponsored