Sponsored

Ordering Guide - 2015-2016 Shelby GT350 and GT350R Mustang

blondie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang V6
Typically, you have to put down a deposit to secure the vehicle. I've seen required down payments of anything from $1,000 to $10,000. Unfortunately, there is no absolute guarantee that you'll get the car, as some dealers can be shady and jack the price up on you once it arrives, or sell it to someone else out from underneath you. But, I believe that those types of dealers are few and far between. :thumbsup:

As far as being at the end of the queue...that would be up to the dealer to decide, but I can't imagine why not.

Hope this helps! :ford:

Thank you both! That is very helpful. I will give it all try this week. If not then i will have to wait and see what happens.
Sponsored

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
Thank you both! That is very helpful. I will give it all try this week. If not then i will have to wait and see what happens.
You're welcome! And, just as a heads up, the Miami market seems insanely overpriced. I'd start calling north of you for sure. :thumbsup:

shelby_r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 67 GT350, 68 GT350 Con, 65 R Restomod
I don't think dealers really have much control over when their allocations are built unless its a dealer with multiple allocations and they can assign a higher priority number
GREAT point! I didn't even think of those with 1 allocation. Well said! :thumbsup:

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Pure speculation of course, but if you can get an order in (at MSRP), then I would do so with few questions/requests. The dealer would likely prefer to sell it ASAP, so might just order it as a dealer allocated car instead of waiting for a late order. Again, just my opinion

blondie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang V6
great. yes well i imagine by now the first few cars of 2016 are spoken for but i will call dealers spanning further out in distance and see what turns up. thanks once again.

Sponsored

buggy whip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford pinto, '16 GT350/OxFo/ Trac/Stripe delete
This is what a dealer out here on the west coast wrote back to me about the cars they had and what is left of their allocations. It's a " R " model. Any takers outl there ? I will pass along their contact info. Just PM me.
It's too rich for my liking. My quest continues...

"The car is ordered as white w/Blue stripe package and the Tech pkg (AC, radio, etc...).
There is VERY limited allocation on these vehicles, and if you want one "early next year", then you are certainly going to be selecting from the existing 2016 allocation, which this car is part of.
It is the ONLY 2016 GT350-R that this dealership will be receiving, and it is being sold for MSRP +$25k.
(Most dealers are asking $25k-$50k over for these cars.)
We sold all 5 of our regular GT350's for MSRP +$10k, and actually had another dealership contact and offer $14k over if we would give them one. I, personally, have 3 other customers that want GT350's, and are willing to pay the extra, but we just can't get the extra cars. They are all considering this car (the "R") now instead.

In short, if you want one an "R" at MSRP, odds are you will not be able to get one at all.
If you are interested in this vehicle, then I would highly suggest that you place your deposit ASAP, because there are several people considering it right now, and the first person to place the deposit gets the car.
Deposit will be $10,000.

Please give me a call on my cellular (listed below) if you are interested.

Thank you. "

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I don't think the R comes with the Tech package. Do they mean electronics package?

buggy whip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford pinto, '16 GT350/OxFo/ Trac/Stripe delete
Yes, I do believe he means the Electronics op. With the base + R + elect. op. + ADM = $87K ? Maybe more ?!
I sure can't afford it. Can you ?

FORDSTANGER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 TP
Ok so I just found this site. Not living under a rock but just plain busy. In short, I just visited my local dealer and got to see the order sheet and nothing else. Said I could not place an order?

I must be talking to the wrong dealer! I want the 900A package, Avalanche gray and still torn between 60T and 67T. The Black out Roof is also a potential.

Bottom line, what gives here? Is my dealer just not wanting to give in? Evidently the owner's 'friend' is expecting 1 of the limited run 15's any day.

I am frustrated and glad I just found this thread.

I just returned from Shelby America in Vegas and it really drove me over the edge to do this. I have had many Mustangs and some Anniversary cars through the years but never new. If you can help point me in the right direction, thanks.

I was quoted ~52K by one of the network 'affiliated' dealers. The local dealers are networked together with about 4 or so dealers. Is anyone being charged a dealer premium on a Base?

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
If the dealer didn't enroll in the program to get an allocation then they cannot get a car

Mustang Marcus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla 2016GT350 Magnetic Blue Stripe
Yea people refer to dealer mark-up as ADM or (above dealer mark-up).
Many battles on this site over paying it or not.
Few dealers are selling GT350s for sticker (but some are).

You got to call around and find a dealer that is willing to work with you.

Keep a close eye on this site. A few people that are on it will find dealers that have an allocation for a 350 and will hook you up.

rick8172

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Dodge Citadel
So if you plan on buying a 2017 next year, at what point do you get on dealer lists? Now??

Mustang Marcus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla 2016GT350 Magnetic Blue Stripe
Someone posted that they have placed a deposit on a 2017.

The dealers found out in June - July of this year what allotments that they would have for 2016. So I wouldn't think you would be able to line one this year.

I guess if a dealer got at least one 2016 they figure they will get at least one 2017. Honestly, I wouldn't expect the average dealership to talk seriously about a 2017 at this point in the game.

I am by far not a pro at this...