Sponsored

Ordered MAK PERFORMANCE goodies

Charlie1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Prem/Perf
Will keep you guys updated with dyno numbers, POST-install of the following mods:

*MAK larger inlet tube
*3.5" pulley
*MAK Kitten delete, 3" performance connect

RELEVANT things to know about car:
*2015 Mustang GT, manual, 3.73 gears
*Procharger stage 1 HO kit
*52# injectors
*3.6" pulley
*stock headers
*corsa catback(purchased AWE touring catback, to mate with mak kitten delete)
*558 WHP on poverty 91OCTANE

Hopefully the parts will come by early April! Stay tuned!
Sponsored

15GTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Nice! Seems like your going to be maxing out those 52# injectors. Should look into getting a Bap as well.

OP
OP

Charlie1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i have a JMS BAP for sale that I bought with my procharger!!
Haha thanks, but no thanks! I'm going to get just the 3 performance mods, followed by dyno tune; then, depending on how much power I gain, and how satisfied I am, I will decide on injectors/BAP, and dyno tune again.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Charlie1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, Adrian! Dyno numbers will be up by April =] (MAK cat delete performance connect specified to take 2weeks to leave the MAK facility):D

Congrats on the new goodies. The car should be a different animal.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Will keep you guys updated with dyno numbers, POST-install of the following mods:

*MAK larger inlet tube
*3.5" pulley
*MAK Kitten delete, 3" performance connect

RELEVANT things to know about car:
*2015 Mustang GT, manual, 3.73 gears
*Procharger stage 1 HO kit
*52# injectors
*3.6" pulley
*stock headers
*corsa catback(purchased AWE touring catback, to mate with mak kitten delete)
*558 WHP on poverty 91OCTANE

Hopefully the parts will come by early April! Stay tuned!
So a word of caution to you.
We have a lot of the same things in common.
Before I made the switch to E85..this is where I was. -
HO kit, 3.6" pulley at 9.7 psi of boost.
I went and added the MAK inlet and have sustained 11.3psi of boost.
Some members on here initially doubted I gained that much with the MAK inlet pipe since the logs I was comparing with were at different times of the year and outside temps were different. I did a total of 7 data logs with Lund during my intake and E85 conversion. Outside temps ranged from 50 to 80 degrees. All the logs showed a max boost range from 11.1 - 11.4psi. I am now VERY confident the MAK inlet pipe picked me up a minimum of 1.4#s of boost.
Why am I saying all of this?? Because I was contemplating dropping down to a 3.5"pulley also but now am not.
I was running a BAP (now with E85 I am with a dual pump system), I am also running ID1000's.
Im sure you are using a reputable tuner but from what I have seen on my car you hopefully will run out of injector instead of running out of fuel supply. I would run the MAK inlet before pulleying down...just to be safe.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Charlie1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmmm...got ya gota ya! Very very interesting. I will show my dyno tuner your post (Eddie at @addictionmotorsports).

So to summarize, you didn't run a 3.5" pulley because you thought the extra boost you gained solely from the INLET PIPE was enough?

So a word of caution to you.
We have a lot of the same things in common.
Before I made the switch to E85..this is where I was. -
HO kit, 3.6" pulley at 9.7 psi of boost.
I went and added the MAK inlet and have sustained 11.3psi of boost.
Some members on here initially doubted I gained that much with the MAK inlet pipe since the logs I was comparing with were at different times of the year and outside temps were different. I did a total of 7 data logs with Lund during my intake and E85 conversion. Outside temps ranged from 50 to 80 degrees. All the logs showed a max boost range from 11.1 - 11.4psi. I am now VERY confident the MAK inlet pipe picked me up a minimum of 1.4#s of boost.
Why am I saying all of this?? Because I was contemplating dropping down to a 3.5"pulley also but now am not.
I was running a BAP (now with E85 I am with a dual pump system), I am also running ID1000's.
Im sure you are using a reputable tuner but from what I have seen on my car you hopefully will run out of injector instead of running out of full supply. I would run the MAK inlet before pulleying down...just to be safe.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Hmmm...got ya gota ya! Very very interesting. I will show my dyno tuner your post (Eddie at @addictionmotorsports).

So to summarize, you didn't run a 3.5" pulley because you thought the extra boost you gained solely from the INLET PIPE was enough?
Yes...I was afraid that going down to the 3.5 would get me above 12psi. Just going by what I have heard 12 and below is.. let's say a "safer zone"than above.

ALSO THIS IS MY 1000TH POST !!!!!!:cheers:

Sponsored
OP
OP

Charlie1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hmmm I see. And CONGRATS haha!!!

Yes...I was afraid that going down to the 3.5 would get me above 12psi. Just going by what I have heard 12 and below is.. let's say a "safer zone"than above.

ALSO THIS IS MY 1000TH POST !!!!!!:cheers:

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
I did pretty much the same set up as you are going to do .. 3.50 pulley , Mak intake , Mak cat Delete and BAP and 1000 injectors .. I ran out of fuel at 6900 even with the bap and id1000 injectors .. Had to switch to a twin pump return system even for 93 pump gas .. Now that I had plenty of fuel I had a new tune made for E85 ..So now I have both a 93 tune and a E85 tune .. So you using the small injectors and no BAP and a 3.50 pulley I think you need to be very careful ...

OP
OP

Charlie1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did pretty much the same set up as you are going to do .. 3.50 pulley , Mak intake , Mak cat Delete and BAP and 1000 injectors .. I ran out of fuel at 6900 even with the bap and id1000 injectors .. Had to switch to a twin pump return system even for 93 pump gas .. Now that I had plenty of fuel I had a new tune made for E85 ..So now I have both a 93 tune and a E85 tune .. So you using the small injectors and no BAP and a 3.50 pulley I think you need to be very careful ...
I've decided to run just the mal inlet tube + cat delete - not going to do pulley. Going to keep my original 3.6"

If it weren't for you guy's help, I'd probably be looking at a whole world of troubles.:amen:

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
@Charlie1987

Haha, we are having a similar run of mods. I currently have the Corsa Sport catback and am replacing it with a new AWE touring catback that is arriving on Monday.

And my MAK procharger larger inlet arrived this week so I'll be installing that in the next couple of days :)

You are one step ahead with the CAT deletes...I'm considering them for a future mod.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Charlie1987

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hehe sweet!!!! Mine won't be coming until maybe 1st week of April :'[

@Charlie1987

Haha, we are having a similar run of mods. I currently have the Corsa Sport catback and am replacing it with a new AWE touring catback that is arriving on Monday.

And my MAK procharger larger inlet arrived this week so I'll be installing that in the next couple of days :)

You are one step ahead with the CAT deletes...I'm considering them for a future mod.
Sponsored