Ordered Gorilla lugnuts for my Forgestars

Coyote 2121

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt
Wheels were in transit and I couldn't tell which length I'd need so I ordered both the 2" and the shorter spline drive in black, I believe the shorter ones are 1.3 inches or close to that.
Figured I'd send one set back, no biggie.
The nuts arrived today and here's what I got.
Here's both nuts on the front wheel. The short one is too short and the long one is about right.
The second pic is the rear wheel with a thinner hub, the short ones are just right and the long ones are TOO long and look stupid. 🤷🏼‍♂️
So I guess I'll keep both and use the long ones on front and the short ones in the rear for semi uniform "poke".
And when these get worn looking I'll have a whole new set......
Anyone else doing this?
20220415_162236.jpg
20220415_162013.jpg
Sponsored

TrackMustang

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Good thing you got both lengths eh? Interesting how that worked out… can’t imagine the plan from the manufacturer was to have two different length lug nuts…?

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Or you can sell the rest as a short/long set to someone else?

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I've never seen wheels which needed two different length lug nuts strange to say the least. Good Luck

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
I've never seen wheels which needed two different length lug nuts strange to say the least. Good Luck
I saw another member post pics of his new wheels with the splined nuts sticking way out on the back. Might have been the same rims. Not going to go looking but the OP is not the only one.

Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
I saw another member post pics of his new wheels with the splined nuts sticking way out on the back. Might have been the same rims. Not going to go looking but the OP is not the only one.
I know my 19
You are correct. My PP1 Magneride wheel studs are longer in the front then the back, so I guess it depends on the wheels you use.
IMG_20220416_115529060.jpg
IMG_20220416_115544747.jpg

OP
OP
Coyote 2121

Coyote 2121

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt
I actually found a pic of my old s197 with a Rohana wheel set. I'd ordered McGuard lugnuts for that set and the rears poked out much farther than the fronts.
I guess I didn't pay attention at the time?
I'm assuming because the front wheels have to turn and do most of the stopping, that the hub area is much thicker. 🤷🏼‍♂️

D Bergstrom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Doesn’t appear that two different lengths are “needed”, op is just doing this for aesthetics I believe.

I actually found a pic of my old s197 with a Rohana wheel set. I'd ordered McGuard lugnuts for that set and the rears poked out much farther than the fronts.
I guess I didn't pay attention at the time?
I'm assuming because the front wheels have to turn and do most of the stopping, that the hub area is much thicker. 🤷🏼‍♂️
My oem PP2 wheels were the same, rear lugs would stick out further then the fronts in relation to the face of the center cap. I actually prefer the way the shorter lugs look both front and rear, wouldn’t bother me that front and rear are different, the less a lug sticks out the better it looks to me.

Doug

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
Doesn’t appear that two different lengths are “needed”, op is just doing this for aesthetics I believe.

My oem PP2 wheels were the same, rear lugs would stick out further then the fronts in relation to the face of the center cap. I actually prefer the way the shorter lugs look both front and rear, wouldn’t bother me that front and rear are different, the less a lug sticks out the better it looks to me.

Doug
I agree
Sponsored