Sponsored

Ordered cars

velocityblue5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Stang GT Premium, 22 F150 XLT Sport, 07 Tacoma
Placed mine on like July 22nd, on the 29th it was confirmed and i signed off the build sheet...got my vin aug 5th...original week of oct 25 build date, then updated like two weeks ago to oct 11th. probably won't actually get it until early november.
Sponsored

BabyPanza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5
Track order delivery times by model, put it in a pivot table, that way you can average delivery time by model, by dealer location, whether ordered pre or post Flat Rock shutdown, and priority code….if you’re a true data afficionado 😂
Just trying to inform myself and help others 😜.

BabyPanza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5
I ordered April 27 and still don't have a VIN. I see a few people here who ordered after me have their VINs. Anyone else order post 4/27 and already have a VIN and a date?
Update on your order? And what was your build?

BabyPanza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5
I placed the order at the dealership on the 30th of March but it seems they got it in the system on April 5th, so I’m literally a month behind. Nope, nothing yet and I just asked last week.
Update on your order? What was your build?

Sponsored

razko12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Raz
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I cancelled the order and found a used one.

BabyPanza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5

1badguy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang
My GT has made it to the rail yard in Fort Worth, TX. Less than 5 miles from me. Having to wait for them to unload is killer.
I know that feeling. The rail yard near my dealership is about the same distance. I had to wait three days for them to get enough cars to load on the truck before it was delivered.

yuduk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost PP Auto
I would like to leave this post here as a reference for those who will order their car from Granger Motors or other outstate dealerships.

I placed my order in July 6 and 10 days later I received my VIN number. Ford tracking was not really accurate about the build process and my car was delivered to Granger (Aug 24) around a week earlier than the estimated Ford Tracking (sept 3).

Ordering process was very smooth with Granger. @Zach@Granger is very responsive, helpful and most importantly, honest dealer. I would highly recommend them as I am pleased with my purchase. I asked them not to drill the front bumper for licence plate holder, not to remove anything from the car (packaging, tags, window sticker etc.) and not wash my car. They just did the PDI and left it as it is.

I used UShip to transport my car to Houston TX. I suggest anyone who will go this route to be careful with those brokers who dispatch the trucking companies for transporting your car because it is basically a circus on central dispatch website. Major broker companies such as Montway gives you a low quote and make you wait a week or longer to find a driver. I would suggest avoiding the lower quotes based on your delivery time. If you want your car to moved asap you gotta pay more.

Also, once you get a dispatch, make sure you are VERY CLEAR with the pickup information on both ends ( trucking company and Granger motors). I was having a little heart attack when I called Granger and they told me someone just picked the car up and left :) I had the dispatch and trucking company information but I called Granger to tell them they are coming and realized they just took the car.

Anyway, my car was delivered on Friday afternoon and I am waiting to get my inspection and registration tomorrow.

I also want to mention some findings about my car. It is GT Premium automatic, 401a, black accent, Active exhaust, B&O sound system. Active exhaust is amazing and if anyone hesitating getting this option, I would say definitely go for it.

Mine has overall good on panel gaps/alignments except the rear bumper is little off. No engine tick so far. There is a whining noise when it is on gear specially in low speed. Ford says it's a nature of 10r80 so I'm okay with it.

I previously had 2015 ecoboost and comparing to my old s550, Ford improved the seat ventilation a lot. When it is on, it is little louder than my old car but V8 sound masks any other annoying sound in the car. I still haven't checked the B&O sound system, I have been happy listening the exhaust. Also, I feel like the back up camera is better quality than my old s550.

Overall, I am happy with my purchase and wanted to thank everyone at @Granger Ford @Zach@Granger @Jay at Granger and others who helped me on this experience.

If you have any question about the ordering process or transporting process, pm me, I will try my best to address.

Here's some pictures of mine after a nice bath and detailing.

20210906_191156.jpg

20210906_191137.jpg

20210906_190854.jpg

20210906_190542.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Are you guys aware that Flat Rock is down indefinitely while Ford investigates a potential benzene leakage? It’s been a big deal in the news here for about a week or so. Several homes in the area had to be evacuated because of illness brought on by the leakage. Started as reports of a strange odor, then people started getting sick. Then Ford said it might be coming from FR plant.
EA4257C6-5F8D-4335-A073-95A027AE26A1.png

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
My last email from Ford was I think Aug 7, saying Sept 27 production. Called Ford Performance Aug 23 and they said it's actually Sept 22. Called again yesterday and they said now it's Sept 21. We may actually be getting them finally!
Who do you talk to when you call? Is it just certain they will give updates on or all Mustangs?
Sponsored