Ordered cars

wadewolf76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang coupe, 21 Twister Orange GT premium
So I said screw it to the Black Accent Package and went ahead and ordered. I'm probably going to change out the wheel anyways and the badges are easy to get. How long does it normally take for it to show up on your Ford account in reservations and orders normally?
Sponsored

BabyPanza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5
So I said screw it to the Black Accent Package and went ahead and ordered. I'm probably going to change out the wheel anyways and the badges are easy to get. How long does it normally take for it to show up on your Ford account in reservations and orders normally?
So it won’t show up on your Ford.com account. I found that out by calling Ford. If salesperson put your email on the order and they should have then you should get an email fairly quickly (we received same day) from Ford confirming your order. Will look like the attached and outlines other emails you’ll get.

Depending on the Priority on your order form from the dealer you should get a VIN in a week or two and that email will contain a link to track you order. Attached as well.

F16044F2-7D87-4603-A9E3-FECF1825BF09.jpeg

01D9D7D4-4B32-4D66-99F4-D94B5088392B.jpeg

wadewolf76

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damon
Vehicle(s)
67 Mustang coupe, 21 Twister Orange GT premium
So it won’t show up on your Ford.com account. I found that out by calling Ford. If salesperson put your email on the order and they should have then you should get an email fairly quickly (we received same day) from Ford confirming your order. Will look like the attached and outlines other emails you’ll get.

Depending on the Priority on your order form from the dealer you should get a VIN in a week or two and that email will contain a link to track you order. Attached as well.

View attachment 612047

View attachment 612050
AH ok. I already have the Ford confirmation email so I guess the ball is rolling. Now we wait.

BabyPanza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5
Anyone experience a disconnect between what their order status is in 2nd email from Ford (VIN notification) and what the order tracking page shows? When I got that email showed status as "Scheduled for Production" with build week of 12/6, but order tracking still only shows "Order Confirmed". Also, my build week moved up a week, notified by dealer today, but no email update from Ford and again, order tracking page doesn't give any scheduled week at all.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
The Ford emails with a scheduled production date are nearly always one week later than what your dealer or Ford Performance will show in their systems.

Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone experience a disconnect between what their order status is in 2nd email from Ford (VIN notification) and what the order tracking page shows? When I got that email showed status as "Scheduled for Production" with build week of 12/6, but order tracking still only shows "Order Confirmed". Also, my build week moved up a week, notified by dealer today, but no email update from Ford and again, order tracking page doesn't give any scheduled week at all.
I was pleasantly surprised with an earlier delivery than actually shown on my Ford emails and tracking page. Seems they get close but there is some fudge factors involved.

Strokercrate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 400a Black Accent.
I never even got the vin email. Had to call the dealer. I only got the order confirmation email.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Latest on Flat Rock. TLDR - September 20th.

Ford Mustang plant to remain closed until Sept. 20 following gas leak
A spokesman said the plant was safe, but Ford was prioritizing helping the community recover from the leak.

September 10, 2021 11:24 AM 4 HOURS AGO
MICHAEL MARTINEZ

FordFlatRock-MAIN.jpg

FORD
Flat Rock Assembly Plant

DETROIT — Ford Motor Co. informed workers Friday that its Mustang plant in Flat Rock, Mich., will remain closed until Sept. 20 as it recovers from a gas leak that prompted the evacuation of thousands of nearby residents.
The plant has been closed since late last week. A Ford spokesman, confirming the move, noted the plant was safe, but Ford wanted to prioritize helping residents of the southeast Michigan city who were affected. Local health officials say roughly 1,400 gallons of fuel leaked into the city's sewer system, prompting the evacuation of at least 1,100 homes.
The Detroit News reported earlier this week that an anonymous tip led state environmental inspectors back to Ford the day after an initial investigation found no issues. Ford said, once discovered, the leak was reported to authorities in a timely manner and the automaker has since worked to fix the situation and help those affected.

BabyPanza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5
Changed our order to Carbonized Gray. But, wish us luck 🤞as we have 2 options on dealer orders that if we can get a deal done on we could have one by end of the month (built 8/27 and 9/2), at which point we can just cancel our order.

itguy84

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Premium
Surprisingly enough my production date has not change at all since my order was placed on 07/19

Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Surprisingly enough my production date has not change at all since my order was placed on 07/19
Not too surprising. If the line was not running at full run rate, adding units in isn’t that big a deal, provided all parts are available.

BabyPanza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5
Anyone know once a car arrives at local rail yard how long to expect it to be before it arrives at dealer if rail yard is in the same town?

Also, what happens with my order if I cancel it w/dealer? Do they still get the car to sell or Ford cancels build altogether?

Last edited:

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
Anyone know once a car arrives at local rail yard how long to expect it to be before it arrives at dealer if rail yard is in the same town?

Also, what happens with my order if I cancel it w/dealer? Do they still get the car to sell or Ford cancels build altogether?
If you cancel the order the dealer will get the car. The one I cancelled is at the dealership now with a $5K ADP.

BabyPanza

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cheryl
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi SQ5
If you cancel the order the dealer will get the car. The one I cancelled is at the dealership now with a $5K ADP.
Dang it, I don’t want them to get the car! They understand very little of the process and act like they’re my customer not other way around.

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
Dang it, I don’t want them to get the car! They understand very little of the process and act like they’re my customer not other way around.
I ended up canceling two Mach 1 orders because of the dealership I originally dealt with.
Sponsored