Sponsored

Order allocation and build, please help. Regional rep contact?

Cgrove04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Gt 500
Hey y'all, so It's been a year I've been waiting in my R. Last year it was unscheduled material hold. Well, at the end of the year it never got built, according to the dealer they rolled some over into 2017 including mine. I just want to make sure the same thing isn't going to happen this year. I can't get the dealer to give me the regional rep's info to speak to them personally. Right now it's unscheduled material hold again. They said it would be built and has assured me it will, but I'm sill hesitant. Can anyone tell me the build dates for the Houston, Texas region? Or, a regional rep that I can speak to? I'm really anxious and it's killing me after putting down a deposit. I signed a contract and if it doesn't be built what sort of actions can I take? Thanks for any input, Cory.
Sponsored

CobraO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback
I'm in the same boat, but for '17. I'm 95% my dealer has the allocation, but its never a sure thing until you see some progress, or are lucky enough to hear from a regional rep. My dealer claims to have allocations for 2 Rs and 4 350s and I have one of the Rs.

Only thing that makes me feel better is that they had a 16 R Allocation and sold it earlier this year.

OP
OP

Cgrove04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Gt 500
There should be some way figure this out, so we can sleep at night.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Sadly no:( They have to call there rep and ask.

Some one can chime in but I didnt think you could get to the material hold with out a allocation??

OP
OP

Cgrove04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Gt 500
Naw you definitely can that's what happened to me, and no car.

Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Ordered mine 8/20/15 and got it almost 2 months ago. As far as I know, the 2016 build are long gone. If your dealer promised you a 2016 a year ago, and you don't have it - they might have never had one to give. It doesn't sound like they are being very forthcoming so I would question their integrity at this point and truly wonder if they can/will get you a 2017.

If you ordered a 2016 a year ago and this got converted to a 2017, I'd expect to be one of the first ones. Ask for a VIN, it shouldn't still be in material hold. You can call Ford corporate as well and state that you're dealer took a deposit a year ago and still hasn't given you any indication that they are getting a car for you.

Another thing you can do, go to the ford website and use the locator service. Make sure they don't have another R inbound for someone else.

tdzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
85 Corvette, 04 Corvette Z16, 08 350Z NISMO, 15 CTS-V Coupe, 17 GT350R
PM Deysha

You can contact Deysha, Ford Service Rep, who is active on this site. She can confirm in the Ford system if it is an accepted order. What you really want to know is: does your dealer actually have an allocation against your order. You will need to provide your dealer code (Fxxxxx) and an order number(xxxx). This data should be on any order paperwork you have from your dealer or call your sales guy for it. If they can't/won't provide that, you likely have a problem.

With that info, she can verify that it is real and will then probably tell you it is still UMH, for which there is nothing to do but wait.

Some have reported being scammed by a dealer who, in fact, does NOT have an allocation, but took an order/deposit. She should be able to tell you if that is happening, but she can not get involved in that. If that's what she reports (not real), go to the dealer and demand your money back.

Get used to waiting. My 16R, ordred 8/5 was delivered 4/29. My 17R, ordered 4/19 will be built next year, but is a real accepted order, backed up by an allocation to my dealer. Thanks Deysha :D

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
You can contact Deysha, Ford Service Rep, who is active on this site. She can confirm in the Ford system if it is an accepted order. What you really want to know is: does your dealer actually have an allocation against your order. You will need to provide your dealer code (Fxxxxx) and an order number(xxxx). This data should be on any order paperwork you have from your dealer or call your sales guy for it. If they can't/won't provide that, you likely have a problem.

With that info, she can verify that it is real and will then probably tell you it is still UMH, for which there is nothing to do but wait.

Some have reported being scammed by a dealer who, in fact, does NOT have an allocation, but took an order/deposit. She should be able to tell you if that is happening.

Get used to waiting. My 17R, ordered 4/19 will be built next year, but is a real accepted order, backed up by an allocation to my dealer. Thanks Deysha :D
I dont think Deysha can tell you if they have allocation she/he can just look at the status of a order.

FTD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R
How many regular GT350s did your dealer recieve?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Good luck. I don't think it would be out of line, especially in your case, to insist that you get an email confirmation from the rep. You have been out a year and that is unacceptable. I'm in a similar situation, but I did wind up making a fuss and speaking to the GM and the inventory manager and had everything confirmed via email. However, it was not confirmation from the rep. Unless the rep says you have an allocation, then no matter what the dealer says, you don't. In my situation, the dealer was somewhat insulted when I mentioned that ford performance suggested I ask for confirmation from the rep. I still have nothing. :frusty:

I've already inquired with Deysha about my order, but unfortunately, all she was able to tell me is what ford performance has been telling me, unscheduled material hold with no confirmation whether there is an allocation or not. Simply that it is in the system. :shrug:

We all Know that our dealers would never lie or mislead us, so I'm sure your order is just fine. :ninja:

This whole process is absolutely screwed up. The dealers don't give you timely information and Ford has no clue from a customer service standpoint. They force you to take their word for it and we all do and hope for the best.

I'm the owner of a GT350 Track Pack. I have bought 2 new (ford) cars in the last year. I have an R on order that I really don't know if it will be built or not. Nobody really has a clue. To add insult to injury, I expressed serious interest in a GT500 and asked my GM if he was willing to take a deposit for a MSRP or near deal and was told no.

So my point is that you are not the only one in this boat. You have no leverage with anybody and if you walk, someone will be happy to take your place on this roller coaster ride.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Some have reported being scammed by a dealer who, in fact, does NOT have an allocation, but took an order/deposit. She should be able to tell you if that is happening, but she can not get involved in that. If that's what she reports (not real), go to the dealer and demand your money back.

Get used to waiting. My 16R, ordred 8/5 was delivered 4/29. My 17R, ordered 4/19 will be built next year, but is a real accepted order, backed up by an allocation to my dealer. Thanks Deysha :D
Nope, she was unable to confirm allocation.

Sharky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R (eta tbd)
Nope, she was unable to confirm allocation.
Same here - they confirmed the order but were not able to confirm that the dealer has the allocation. I have no reason not to trust my dealer but still would not be shocked if it doesn't get built - no faith in the system...

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
First off, they lied to you when they said they had a 2016 R allocation, so with that alone I would question it being "rolled over".
I'd personally dig into it and prepare to look elsewhere for the car.

jonesd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350
They already claimed to have a 2016 but you never received it. I would demand something from the rep in writing or your deposit back. There is no reason you shouldn't get confirmation after a year of waiting. If they aren't willing to do this then they are lying to you. Demand to talk to the GM or owner of the dealership.

Edit: i noticed you said Houston. They are some extremely sleazy dealerships around here, it wouldn't surprise me if they are taking you for a ride...

Sharky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350R (eta tbd)
Agree with the last two... Unless you have written confirmation from the regional rep wouldn't trust them as far as I can throw em

If you do somehow get confirmation from the regional rep and it has his contact info on it please pass it along - would love to see confirmation on mine :D
Sponsored