Sponsored

Opinions needed... Race Red Exterior with Red Interior... Too much red?

65 stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt 6 speed p/p premium r/r 65 hardtop 289
Went back and forth on this myself, ended up with black interior.
Sponsored

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
Went back and forth on this myself, ended up with black interior.
I think you did the right thing. Although it would have be fun to drive a red car with red interior while wearing a red shirt. Peope would just see a floating head driving the car :headbang:

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
That is NOT too much red.

And you have to be leery of anything a salesperson says. Good chance (s)he has or can get a red with black interior easier. Bird in the hand so to speak. Every waiting day is a day a buyer can change his mind or get hit by lightning.
It's a for a custom order so it wasn't about being able to find a car to my specifications more easily thankfully. In fact, I'm going more-or-less fully-loaded which is apparently almost impossible to find anyway, the only ones being built or on the ground were a Magnetic, two Shadow Blacks and an Orange Fury, to which I said "NOOOOOOOOOOOPE" to all. Race Red or bust, though I'd be willing to go with the Crimson, maybe. :p

Seriously? That's silly.
It's because of the new spoiler.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Too much.

sebounet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 conv gt auto, var exhaust,shaker, safety pack
My boss as a porsche cayenne red w red interior. There ls no problem with that. It s nice.
In the mustange you will always have some black parts anyway

Sponsored

krishelnino

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Krishna
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 Race Red
I have this combination on order. I don't think it's too much red to be honest. I love the red stitching along with the minimal red accents on door panels. My main concern is if the seats will be prone to more stains.

OLIVE18

OLIVE18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Olive Green 2018 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
It seems like the red interior color is a bit more magenta than the Race Red. A bit of a mismatch. That would bug my eyes after a while. I would go with a more neutral interior. Grey or black. On that same note I think the red interior goes better with a grey / black / silver exterior. Color is subjective so do what you like!

2veloce

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT/CS PREM CONVERTIBLE AT
Hey, guys,
I keep going back and forth on this one - I really want the RR exterior for my 2018/2019 as my first 3 Mustangs shared that color and I legit hate my current Magnetic Grey GT due to how easily it shows dirt/dust (gorgeous for the 5 minutes it’s clean after detailing, though!). The sales associate at the dealership I’ve been talking with warned that going Red w/Red might be a bit too much red ( :lol: ) and pushed that I go with the Ebony/Black interior. I really cannot decide here and would love some input from everyone - I really don’t know if I want the red interior on top of the red exterior simply because I want something “different” compared to my current 2016 ebony interior. :p
I believe TFL (YouTube) had red w/red (but recaros) in their 2018 GT video review, but you could never really get a good look of the interior in their videos imo.
Go with the Red/red you will like it. Don’t let others opinion change your mind. You will be driving it not them

Snagged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Cobra, '17 Corrolla
So OP, what is the verdict? Did you decide to go with the red interior or something else?

Nitronorth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rock
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Auto
I had a red red convertible. Loved it! Get what you like, why would you care what we think anyway? :)

Sponsored

Intrepid175

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Hey, guys,
I keep going back and forth on this one - I really want the RR exterior for my 2018/2019 as my first 3 Mustangs shared that color and I legit hate my current Magnetic Grey GT due to how easily it shows dirt/dust (gorgeous for the 5 minutes it’s clean after detailing, though!). The sales associate at the dealership I’ve been talking with warned that going Red w/Red might be a bit too much red ( :lol: ) and pushed that I go with the Ebony/Black interior. I really cannot decide here and would love some input from everyone - I really don’t know if I want the red interior on top of the red exterior simply because I want something “different” compared to my current 2016 ebony interior. :p
I believe TFL (YouTube) had red w/red (but recaros) in their 2018 GT video review, but you could never really get a good look of the interior in their videos imo.
I've seen red cars with red interiors before. I didn't think they looked bad at all. I did think that, "for ME," it was a bit much but that's just MY preference. If YOU like it, and it's what YOU want, then that's all that matters. What any of us think on the subject is totally irrelevant, and that too, is just my opinion. ;)

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Yea, so the problem for me is that I have yet to see a Showstopper Red Mustang interior in person - that's why I'm hesitant haha

My salesman called me on Thursday to let me know that he got a notification that my car is "in the plant" so production will start soon on it and he wanted to confirm we checked every feature/package that I want as this is the last chance to get anything he missed in. I'm sending him an email now to ask about switching to the Red Interior - if it's too late and doesn't go in then it wasn't meant to be :D

keith58

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 RR Convenience
What I ordered! Might as well...
IMG_5481.jpg

control4userguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium
Yea, so the problem for me is that I have yet to see a Showstopper Red Mustang interior in person...
I had ordered red interior until I saw it in person. Cameras/photos don't render reds authentically. What appears as vibrant in a photo is actually tomato shade in person. Your choice though.

Intrepid175

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Out of curiosity, I just did a "build it" on Ford's website. The Race Red Mustang with Showstopper Red interior is indeed, a LOT of red but you know, it doesn't look bad at all. As I said before, I don't think it's something I would personally go for but I could certainly understand anyone else going for it, and I'd bet it wouldn't be something you'd see very often so from that perspective, it would be unique.

I hope things work out to your satisfaction! :)
Sponsored