Sponsored

Opinions needed... Race Red Exterior with Red Interior... Too much red?

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Hey, guys,
I keep going back and forth on this one - I really want the RR exterior for my 2018/2019 as my first 3 Mustangs shared that color and I legit hate my current Magnetic Grey GT due to how easily it shows dirt/dust (gorgeous for the 5 minutes it’s clean after detailing, though!). The sales associate at the dealership I’ve been talking with warned that going Red w/Red might be a bit too much red ( :lol: ) and pushed that I go with the Ebony/Black interior. I really cannot decide here and would love some input from everyone - I really don’t know if I want the red interior on top of the red exterior simply because I want something “different” compared to my current 2016 ebony interior. :p
I believe TFL (YouTube) had red w/red (but recaros) in their 2018 GT video review, but you could never really get a good look of the interior in their videos imo.
Sponsored

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
i really like the red interior, but yeah i think red interior and red outside might? be too much. Now if you can line the vinyl parts of the seat black and leave the rest red, that might help break it up and look really really good

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
My personal opinoin is your dealer is right. Red on red might be too much. Red with black interior and black wheels and trim would look best to me.

Snagged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Cobra, '17 Corrolla
Yeah it might be too much for my personal taste, and I love red interior, ha. I would have to see a pic to make a good call though. But at the end of the day, it's going to be YOUR car so it's based on what is going to make you the happiest.

Having that been said, I have a Torch Red 2003 10th Anniversary Cobra in which those come the special red interior inserts in the seats (with black bordering bolsters and whatnot, so there is a nice bit of contrast there) and I love my car's interior. I would post pics of the interior but Photobucket started charging people so I have to find a new site that does free hosting of pics.

Snagged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Cobra, '17 Corrolla
I vote for for red / red. The rest of the interior parts of different color will be enough to offset it.
Yeah, as long as there is some contrast it works for me. You just need something to break it up. I believe too, that the newer ones have the two tone setup (black back portion of the seat going into the side a bit with a full frontal red).

Sponsored

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here’s the video I mentioned with red on red (though it’s the recaro seats, which I do not want :p )

I really keep going back and forth here. The fact that it’s two-toned obviously makes a huge difference but at the same time I’m honestly unsure if I want red just for something different and will regret it.
I certainly don’t want my car looking like a strip club with wheels!

amfm144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2012 Mustang V6
Not at all, just go with it, you won't regret. :headbang:

But if you can get a black accent package, it would look even better.

Here’s the video I mentioned with red on red (though it’s the recaro seats, which I do not want :p )

I really keep going back and forth here. The fact that it’s two-toned obviously makes a huge difference but at the same time I’m honestly unsure if I want red just for something different and will regret it.
I certainly don’t want my car looking like a strip club with wheels!

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I probably wouldn't. I find colour schemes like that age better when on classic cars, not modern cars.

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not at all, just go with it, you won't regret. :headbang:

But if you can get a black accent package, it would look even better.
Can’t get Black Accent package with PP :(

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
My 350 is Race Red with big ass Deep Impact Blue stripes down the middle, gloss bronze wheels, and soon to have blue Schroth racing harnesses. If that isn't loud, I don't know what is.

I think a cool combo would be Lightning Blue with the red interior.

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
I just saw in the video that its actually a two-tone interior. Red seats but lots of black elsewhere. That might change my opinion.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
That is NOT too much red.

And you have to be leery of anything a salesperson says. Good chance (s)he has or can get a red with black interior easier. Bird in the hand so to speak. Every waiting day is a day a buyer can change his mind or get hit by lightning.

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
I hate black interiors. :rant: To me, they are all too well associated with the stripped down, worthless, boring, cheapskate models.

However, having owned a red+red special edition in the past (I will not mention the "F" word here), I can say the combination can easily be an overwhelming, over indulgence of a bright color. One that screams "hay, pig, I dare you to pull me over!"

Which makes it a pretty difficult choice. For myself, I wish there was another choice for the x01A interiors. :shrug:
Sponsored