Sponsored

Opinions needed... Race Red Exterior with Red Interior... Too much red?

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
I wish they offered the ceramic color with the premium interiors.

Red on red looks good. :)

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Hey, guys,
I keep going back and forth on this one - I really want the RR exterior for my 2018/2019 as my first 3 Mustangs shared that color and I legit hate my current Magnetic Grey GT due to how easily it shows dirt/dust (gorgeous for the 5 minutes it’s clean after detailing, though!). The sales associate at the dealership I’ve been talking with warned that going Red w/Red might be a bit too much red ( :lol: ) and pushed that I go with the Ebony/Black interior.
No way does a sales person care if you decide later you picked the wrong color. And if they did, they'd hope you DID pick colors you changed your mind about later. When a sales person steers you some direction, its to make it easier for them to make a sale. There are more black interiors sitting on lots so greater chance he'll sell you one. And if you are ordering, he'd rather have a black interior for the reasons below in case you bail.

A red interior is NOT to much red, if you like red. In the good old days, you could get interiors in many many colors with not a spot of black in them. Guess how many people bought/ordered a black interior? Virtually none. The manufacturers found out they could make their life easier by just offering black and maybe a few extra cost color packages with a few colored areas in them. Less parts to manufacture, no lost sales because the color buyer x wanted wasn't sitting on the lot that day or customer not able to choose.

If you don't think having red doors, fenders, hood, top, etc. is too much red, neither is having any amount of red inside.

OP
OP
Spork3245

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Found a dealership that had an 18 with a showstopper red interior! Not only that but it was race red exterior with the showstopper red interior! Beyond being a GT Premium A10 w/401a it wasn’t packaged anywhere near how I’d want it. Anyway, the color combo certainly works and the fact that it’s two-toned seats and with more black than red overall, it definitely looks nice and doesn’t overwhelm. It’s almost like the outside is melding into the interior. I think I’m going to go with the showstopper red for my order - my only remaining concern is wear (fading/showing lines) compared to the ebony. :cheers:
Sponsored