Sponsored

OPG FAILED last night, street car.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Is there no concept of align honing the cam tunnel like you would mains? Seems shitty to have to scrap the heads.
I think MMR is tooled to do that.
Sponsored

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
There is no bearing to add so if you line hone you cant add a thicker bearing to make up the difference.
I believe you could align hone it then cut some material off the bottom of the cap to get the clearance back, only issue would be the lifter preload would change but I think there is enough wiggle room to not worry about it.

Travis@boostworks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.boostworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Right, so then it would seem most of the shrapnel would just sit in the pump then drain back to the pan. Any thoughts on the bearing caps.
Brother.. pull the pan and pull a rod bearing cap. That's my advice. Not worth risking blowing a rod out at 100mph or so. Car could catch fire.. oil on back tires. Etc..

Sponsored

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered Boundary OPG's from Hypermotive, TSS Crank Gear from Terry at Beefcake, and a ATI Balancer as the cherry on top. Getting all that put in next week and not taking any chances lol.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I just ordered Boundary OPG's from Hypermotive, TSS Crank Gear from Terry at Beefcake, and a ATI Balancer as the cherry on top. Getting all that put in next week and not taking any chances lol.
Smart man, you don't want to be me. I went from a defender of you don't need it on a street car to eating a big shit sandwich:eyebulge:

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Smart man, you don't want to be me. I went from a defender of you don't need it on a street car to eating a big shit sandwich:eyebulge:
Did I miss something? Have you seen any broken bits yet?

Sponsored

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Lol I was the same honestly but after seeing this post I'm sure a lot of us are going to make that investment.

Sweet! TSS makes a crank gear now? Thought they only did OPG?
Yessir they make the crank gear now too. Right now only Terry at Team beefcake has them and just got a batch in from what I remember.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
16 pages so far and no photos of the oil pump ? :shrug:
What do you want to see he said the oil light came on and ZERO oil pressure. I'd say it's broken.:headbonk:

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Did I miss something? Have you seen any broken bits yet?
16 pages so far and no photos of the oil pump ? :shrug:
What do you want to see he said the oil light came on and ZERO oil pressure. I'd say it's broken.:headbonk:
I've been working like a mad man 12 hour shifts and the couple days off I've had I been car shopping for my wife. It's amazing how when you want to get something done everything else gets in the way. Tomorrow I will have pics, I'll be off for a week vacation and this is getting done. "KEEP PANTIES ON" now tell my where that quote came from.