Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Here are 4 more pulled from the same side. They look better and 2 you can't feel anything on the fingernail and the other 2 just barley.

Sponsored

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
Please stop showing pictures. I very much so wan't everything to be ok for you, and I am not liking the depth of those grooves. UUgghhh.. still hoping the pics are a little worse than reality, and you are just fine.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Please stop showing pictures. I very much so wan't everything to be ok for you, and I am not liking the depth of those grooves. UUgghhh.. still hoping the pics are a little worse than reality, and you are just fine.
I know and I so want to be able to run it like this and see what happens to. Out of the 5 cam bearing the first is the only one you can barley feel a slight edge.

Superman15

Shake n Bake
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP Oxford White
The groove itself isn't as concerning as not knowing what exactly caused it. And whether or not what caused it is still floating around somewhere. As always, good luck my friend.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
I'm wondering at wide open does the oil bypass the filter which would send fragments into the cam oil passages.

Sponsored

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
:coolphotos:Could be a flake from oil pump got by filter during bypass while pump was still making pressure. Could also just be from factory start up. :ford: Lol.
Filter pictures? You cut it open and spread out the media?

A groove in the center of a journal isnt going to change the performance of that journal.
Grooves to the edge or opened up play all the way to edge will allow it to dump oil and cam wont get enough support. You have to circulating alot of crap to get to that point.

Could pull cams and blow passages down with aerosol into the pan. If not, worst case there is a piece that will slowly wear down and eventually spend its life circulating around it that groove until it is rounded off. You could mix 50% naptha in on first startup and let it dump back to the pan again to see if any other pieces wash back down.

You can also just lift cams and expose crank and hook garden hose or air compressor up to the oil filter output and blow the block out.

Your are solidly in the grey area. :thumbsup:

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
Yes, filter pics!

Keeping fingers crossed for you!

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Filter can't filter if the pump instantly stops working. ;)
Right, so then it would seem most of the shrapnel would just sit in the pump then drain back to the pan. Any thoughts on the bearing caps.

Sponsored

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Metal particles are only part of the problem, if that motor was at high rpm and the pump failed causing the motor to lose oil pressure there is a high possibility that any of the bearings could have touched off. Usually in these situations we try to convince ourselves that it may be ok, but the only true way to know is to do a complete teardown. A lot of work yes but it's worth the piece of mind.

boosted4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Sorry for your misfortune. I just installed my whipple this week and this thread actually made me just install the opg and timing gear just to be on the safe side. Hope you get it all figured on soon.