Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Why did you pull the supercharger?
I wanted to check a couple things with the instal of the lower Whipple intake.
how long to take apart the oil pump? I gots to know !
??
Did you drain the oil yet and take a look? How crazy would it be if you just had a fluke in the gauges...
Yeah not a chance, heard metallic clinking when coming to a stop:eyebulge:
Lol, could yall imagine if we all lived closer? Hed come home from work to find a dozen strangers already pulled apart motor and were drinkn beer while ordering parts.
I post up my address, just make sure you guys clean up the beer cans. Oh and You might as well throw on some long tubes while your at it:D No burnout in the driveway please:thumbsup:
Sponsored

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
Sorry for your misfortunes. Hope it ends up being okay. I also hope people decide its not worth skipping now. Even the NA guys.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
After looking at the oil flow it would seem to me that it would be hard for the broken OPG material to make it past the filter and recirculate. For the short time the gears were broken and engine was run I can't see any fragments making past the filter so that's a positive.

Sponsored

davekro

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Convertible, 3.7L, A/T, 051A, DIB
That oil flow thru filter first has got to give somewhat of a sigh of relief. I'd be thinking (praying) that the metal sound was only the failed Oil Pump Gear. I don't have a V8. Is the oil pump external or require a whole front cover to be removed (meaning fan blades, pulley etc. etc.)?

I hope it comes down to only needing the aftermarket billet OPG and your oil pump housing is still OK. :hail:

samcrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
After looking at the oil flow it would seem to me that it would be hard for the broken OPG material to make it past the filter and recirculate. For the short time the gears were broken and engine was run I can't see any fragments making past the filter so that's a positive.
It's stuff like this diagram that makes the forum amazing. Something I've never seen before! Although I didn't know it was a concern for the oil pump gear fragments to damage the motor, I thought it was lack of oil circulation causing starvation? I learned something here though.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
That oil flow thru filter first has got to give somewhat of a sigh of relief. I'd be thinking (praying) that the metal sound was only the failed Oil Pump Gear. I don't have a V8. Is the oil pump external or require a whole front cover to be removed (meaning fan blades, pulley etc. etc.)?

I hope it comes down to only needing the aftermarket billet OPG and your oil pump housing is still OK. :hail:
More likely new housing when a pump breaks. Cheap and not worth trying to recycle considering the main cost is time and labor.

OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Pulled the pass side valve cover off everything looked very clean. Here is a pick of the cam bearing surface on the cam and alum cam stay. Looks like slight wear, but not sure how it's should look with normal wear. Does this look like it my pass inspection as good and serviceable.

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Pulled the pass side valve cover off everything looked very clean. Here is a pick of the cam bearing surface on the cam and alum cam stay. Looks like slight wear, but not sure how it's should look with normal wear. Does this look like it my pass inspection as good and serviceable.
If you run your fingernail across those surfaces, do you catch anything?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Roh92cp

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
If you run your fingernail across those surfaces, do you catch anything?
I can feel it slightly with finger nail. Here is a better pic of the cap cleaned. The car surface feels smooth.

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
If you can catch your fingernail it's not looking good.

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Definitely need to pull more and see if this is the norm or an isolated journal.

pro 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hate to say it but that looks pretty deep something went through there.
Sponsored