Sponsored

Operating Temp Before WOT

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
Tried searching and couldn’t find a straight answer! What is considered operating temperature (oil temp, trans temp etc.)? I know rule of thumb on the GT350 is oil temp of 190 degrees before WOT/spirited driving.
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
That's what I use as a rule of thumb.

Ezatnova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Base HE
Do these cars not have a visual indication to tell you when it’s warmed? Like BMW uses lights around the tach that move up the RPM range as it warms, and AMG uses a coloration of the temps on the screen and they go white when warmed.

(sorry for the obvious question. I owned mine for 2 days and it’s been in the detail shop for the last 3+ weeks now lol)

OP
OP
ssmith891

ssmith891

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
Do these cars not have a visual indication to tell you when it’s warmed? Like BMW uses lights around the tach that move up the RPM range as it warms, and AMG uses a coloration of the temps on the screen and they go white when warmed.

(sorry for the obvious question. I owned mine for 2 days and it’s been in the detail shop for the last 3+ weeks now lol)
No visual indicators on the car besides the temps themselves.

Side note…3+weeks?! Lol what all are you getting done??

Sponsored

Ezatnova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Base HE
No visual indicators on the car besides the temps themselves.

Side note…3+weeks?! Lol what all are you getting done??
Wow that’s disappointing.

yeah…a bit of it was a delay to prioritize some other cars for various reasons, and I told them I’m in no rush. Now the delay is the extra challenge of PPF in the area of the lower side stripes and in particular the “GT500” detailed text.

It will look like junk with air gaps all around the GT500 and triple Heritage style lower stripes if the PPF goes over, so…they are going to do it right and remove all that striping, PPF the rockers, then get OEM striping and reapply over it. He seemed confident he can get the OEM striping in a day or two. I’m a bit worried, given supply chain stuff and it’s not the normal white GT500, it’s the Wimbledon HE version. We shall see.

Overall, the car is getting PPF (basically all except the trunk lid and upper doors), ceramic, and tint. The car also had a tiny acorn size dent in the roof from the factory, and one pin size paint flaw on the fender, so they are fixing that too.

Can’t wait to see it when it’s done. All I got to see was when it arrived filthy off the truck (I told them don’t touch a thing :) )

At least I’m waiting on it in December and it in good driving weather. It’s basically free storage for now, and I can keep my truck in the garage!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Without reading through all of this, I ppf'd over the vinyl side stripes I added to my CFTP. No air gaps.

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I read somewhere that the DCT temp should be 120. I don't know if that's legit but it coincides pretty closely with the 190 oil temp.

Morning Sir, hope you been well....

Stopping by to say Hello

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Hey, Jim and all things considered, I am doing well. Do hope the same is true for you and yours, amigo and here's wishing you a safe, healthy, and happy holiday season. :)

Hard for me to believe that it's been right at three years since the new 500 saga began. Nice avatar, BTW. <chuckling>

Ezatnova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Base HE
Without reading through all of this, I ppf'd over the vinyl side stripes I added to my CFTP. No air gaps.
funny, I picked up the car yesterday and he said “oh, you saved $650…I looked closer and the Heritage stripes and “GT500” text are all printed on one clear-backed decal. And it’s thin, so I just PPF’d over it.”
It’s way thinner than the top stripes. Very very minimal air gap!

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
funny, I picked up the car yesterday and he said “oh, you saved $650…I looked closer and the Heritage stripes and “GT500” text are all printed on one clear-backed decal. And it’s thin, so I just PPF’d over it.”
It’s way thinner than the top stripes. Very very minimal air gap!
Any air gaps will shrink over time. Keep pressing down on it during the cure cycle.
Sponsored