Sponsored

First Impression of first WOT hit on GT500

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Part of NY w/ high taxes to support the other part
Vehicle(s)
0 mustangs owned currently
Continuing on in my series of firsts and first impressions with this car... a new friend on the forum whom we bonded over delivery delays is @GRStang ... and he told me LAST week he got his first WOT pull in - so I need to get out there this weekend and see what all the hubbub was all about (you say hubbub and immediately sound like you are 80 and might have just cr@%%3ed your shorts... which would be in and of itself some hubbub...)

I chose to do my first WOT hit in this car at about 230 miles on the odo from about 15mph (yeah - a roll - not a dig - that will be later on a warmer day)... there's a little rear end "float" I'd say with my launch count n of 1. Was 54F so the tires were very much not "hot" but didn't seem to have any issue hooking, just felt a little "swooshy" / "floaty" - but it stayed planted and no wheel hop - just pulled - was at 95 before I knew it honestly... Then, I couldn't stop smiling for the rest of the way home as the radar detector happily chirped letting me know the locals were heading towards the raucous sound this beast belches out!

Comparing against the last car - C7 Z - the SNEK feels a lot faster - all because you are not manually rowing the gears - on the pull I opted to pull the paddles to keep if off the red line - so I know it's got even more in it than what I ran. but as I mentioned I also think the rear isn't "quite" as firm (like on a scale of 1-10, 10 being out of control) - maybe 3 or 4 against the Vettes 2. Again tho - it never felt like it was not going to do what I wanted it to - just not like it was rooted in the core of the planet flinging you forward.

(I get this post may have a bit of a cheesy flavor "ohh - the guy stepped on the gas and is posting about it"... but again - for the people looking at this car as an option, the people dreaming of this car who read things about it, and the people who pass their time researching everything... I just want to offer another viewpoint and experience to maybe / hopefully help someone else... paying it forward with boring posts, basically... what else am I gonna do... participate in this conference call I'm on?)
Sponsored