Sponsored

OK that's fast enough

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
When I stretched the legs on our Mustang, my wife gets antsy at 125 mph, starts nudging my side, saying that's fast enough.
How about your passengers?
Sponsored

LxMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Gt.
Vehicle Showcase
Most time I'm alone so the only one that says fast enough is the lil voice inside my head.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
150 on the Busa and she is giggling in my ear over the radio... 100 in the Mustang and I get the silent treatment. UNLESS it’s at a track/closed course. Then she wants to drift around, drive fast what ever

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
When I had my 11 GT500 and my wife was just a GF I turned right in a parking lot incline and wet so tires spun. I throttled into it and spun tires to the red light and stopped safe and sound. She yelled about how she survived Iraq and wont die in a freaking car in the states doing something stupid. Years later and in my 19 GT when we're going 80, she says I'm driving like a Grandpa.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
The only people I've had with me when I drive fast are track instructors and they are usually telling me to stay in it longer than I want to. :like:

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I had someone with me with the windows down the last time I was well over 100mph. I was paying attention to the road, started slowing down and looked over and they were gone. I don't know what the h*ll happened to them. Oh well . . . . .

Sponsored

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat
One of my co-workers will never ride with me again, and my boss won't even get in the car. My wife on the other hand, will simply ask what speed we hit. The response is usually something along the lines of, "Oh, it didnt feel like it". Car is as smooth at 100 as at 50 as at 150.

Yep, My wife wont ride with me anymore since I scared the crap out of her last summer dusting off an a$$hole in one of them new Porche SUV thinggy's with paper tags still on it.

The prick cockblocked the left lane running 68 in a 65 and would not move over or speed up.

I didn't get too upset as we were coming up on an onramp that the great state of North Carolina DOT decided to make into a litteral 3rd lane so as soon as we got to a spot where I could punch it ,, yanked the steering wheel to the right and away we went.

Sure enough as soon as I passed 'em and strated slowing back down to my normal 10over .. Porche guy turned into Speedracer and flew up and parked on my quarter panel ..

We were comming up on traffic again and I decided to slow down a bit and see if he actually clear traffic this time and Nope, He started slowing down again..

I sed to myself Not this time buddy and bumped it up went on down the road while he's fading behind me.

I have a GPS speed display on my radar detector and the only thing the wife asked was ''Were we really going 162mph?" I told her it's probably closer to 167 since the GPS takes a couple seconds to catch up at that speed and I had lifted by then.

She hasn't riden with me since .. :)

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Long, long ago when I was young and stupid, I had a C4 ZR1 for a couple weeks (we were developing the toolkit for dealer repair of the LT5). I had a friend who was very pregnant, not of my doing mind you, who wanted to just go for a ride in it. I asked her if she wanted me to induce labor. She thought I was joking. Well, at first she thought I was joking. :bandit:

I've grown out of that sort of behavior, license intact.

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
At ~120 mph the wife is sitting stiff and staring out the windshield; at ~160 mph she is starring at me and pushing on the dash.