Sponsored

Ok, now on to the important stuff.

Feeshta

Threads
Reaction score
How the heck do you get rid of those HIDEOUS safety placards on the sun visors. Please tell me they are just stickers. Anyone have experience with them from previous Mustangs or other new Fords?

I know on my 135i it took some careful application of goo-be-gone and some patience to get them off without leaving a messed up visor behind. Any insight to offer here guys?
Sponsored

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
Someone put this question up a while back and there were no good options...Hopefully the aftermarket takes care of it with covers or new visors.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
They're stickers, no different than any other car you would buy in the US. The stickers are a federal mandate.

If you were able to get them off your BMW visors you should be able to do the same with these. I'd be impressed to see it done though.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
I think the consensus was to do them early while they are somewhat freshly applied, use lots of heat and plenty of patience....

OP
OP

Feeshta

Threads
Reaction score
They're stickers, no different than any other car you would buy in the US. The stickers are a federal mandate.

If you were able to get them off your BMW visors you should be able to do the same with these. I'd be impressed to see it done though.
On my BMW they were actually printed on in ink. You had to use a solvent to break the ink down. The thing was, the visors in that car were vinyl or something similar, not cloth. On a cloth visor, that process would leave one hell of a stain.

I understand it's a federal mandate, but don't understand why quite honestly. On my BMW, the notices were less than 1/4 the size they appear to be here. About 1 inch by 2.5.

Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Buy a piece of matte vinyl, trace and cut out a portion sized accordingly, cover. Removing the sticker might cause damage and the vinyl won't be obvious of it's matte and close in color. You can also peel it off at any point.

StangBANG

Patience; long suffering.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
15 Magnetic GT. Performance Pack Premium Redline
M6G. Sticker cover!

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
On my BMW they were actually printed on in ink. You had to use a solvent to break the ink down. The thing was, the visors in that car were vinyl or something similar, not cloth. On a cloth visor, that process would leave one hell of a stain.

I understand it's a federal mandate, but don't understand why quite honestly. On my BMW, the notices were less than 1/4 the size they appear to be here. About 1 inch by 2.5.
Yeah, if Ford holds true to past performance, these will be giant stickers on cloth. Very hard to remove without leaving a stain or mark. I've often wondered if replacement window visors ordered through Ford would have the stickers on them. If not, the only other option would be to take them to a shop and have them recovered.

I know people have used cloth or vinyl patches to cover them (you can probably buy them ready to apply), but I am reluctant to try that.

Good luck!

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
I'm 99% sure that at some point between now and when my prior 1998 (or 2004) Mustang was new people were successfully removing these stickers & the adhesive and if done properly the result was as if they were never there.

This was never anything that bothered me that much, so I never attempted it.

It is quite possible that the process for applying these stickers has changed to where this is no longer the case.

Doug

Sponsored

TorkN8R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Ingot Silver Auto W/3.55's
Federal mandated Visor Stickers

Just an Idea...throwing it out there. Take off the visor, ruff it up a bit with acetone, scotch pad or what ever, mask it off and paint it flat or satin Black.

That's my plan.

Husker

Just The Basic Facts
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harley
Vehicle(s)
F-150
I'm planning to have a sticker made with some type of logo on it, FORD, 50 YRS, MUSTANG, or the running Pony.

If you remove the stickers and take it in for service, is the dealer required by law to reinstall new ones?

geokots

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic Mustang EB Premium
I have no idea what the cost would be but, if I got new visors through replacement parts would they include the stickers?

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
It's pretty easy to remove them. I had them on my '05. Take down the visors and run a hot iron over the stickers then slowly peal them off. The vissors were cloth and there was nothing left behind.

For more info check out themustangsource. Since that site has been around a while, there should be plenty of information on other people doing this.
Sponsored