N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
What RPM would he be shifting at then? Stock manifold.
That graph was merely for comparison of the MT82 vs 6R80 gear ratios.
Myself I start the shift at 7500, tach goes to 7700 before dropping to 6000.
Sponsored

Basspro302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Or or…. Keep the car I spent my money on and drive it how I see fit and mod it to what works for me. That option definitely seems less troublesome for you and me both. But definitely I appreciate your input.

the gear swap is definitely something I’ve looked into as well. 355s would be perfect, not sure how the 373s would do.
If you want to only rev it to 6k whatever, just saying what I would do if looking for a faster na car.

OP
OP

Kingofhearts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Remy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang gt
If you want to only rev it to 6k whatever, just saying what I would do if looking for a faster na car.
No no, definitely not an issue, we all have our styles and daily uses for our vehicles. Ours just isn’t the same, no issues there

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
I can't and won't speak for anyone other than myself. But to me, those stock exhaust components are all garbage. I don't care how much time and effort they put into making them or how efficient people think they are or whatever other sayings people automatically spout. It is whack. I spent a good deal of money getting LTs and a complete 3 inch setup and I wouldn't even consider going back. And I would do it all over again if I had to. Down the road it will help even more when I add power to it since my goal will be to squeeze every bit of power out of it. I wouldn't waste a dime of my money modifying any of the stock pieces. I would just get rid of it. But that is just how I feel. Others can do whatever they want with their car. LTs are the best move I made on mine. And the only reason I say STs are no good is because putting in LTs will require the same amount of work so you might as well just go with LTs right from the start.

OP
OP

Kingofhearts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Remy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang gt
I definitely appreciate your point, I believe without dynos from a trusted source or forum member, we are all going off experiences. But I definitely won’t deny the gains of lts, I’ve only had shorties on my 2013 v6 and liked it. But I also don’t race at a strip so I’m not completely sure what the benefits are.

Sponsored

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Okay, I’ve been searching the forum for the last few weeks trying to get information on shorty headers ( dyno numbers or gains, whys and why nots)

I’ve heard the “get Lth’s” “not worth it” etc.and truthfully I’m interested in getting long tubes, just not interested in the 1k price a long with needing to also buy a mid pipe from one of these suppliers in order for the install to work.

Which leads me to my question, why are shorties not worth it, I have a 15 auto gt and seen someone dyno on yt at 409, which is about right with the 20% pt loss right? There’s absolutely no Gaines that makes the shorties worth it?

my driving is high way and city.Do a few friendly pulls with friend. But I never hit a track for quarter mile times.

thank you
My self to do all the work of removing stock headers and installing aftermarket. I would wait and save the money and get longtubes. There is always someone selling second hand on this site so there is that also for options.
I put the BBK tuned shorties on my 3V minimul gains if at at all but then it was a 3V... so. I gained 22 RWHP in my '17 auto with Catted ARH
1 3/4" Headers. Dynojet of course. Excuse the welds on the H-pipe,Helen Keller did them.

Screenshot_20210622-090524_Gallery~2.jpg

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I definitely appreciate your point, I believe without dynos from a trusted source or forum member, we are all going off experiences. But I definitely won’t deny the gains of lts, I’ve only had shorties on my 2013 v6 and liked it. But I also don’t race at a strip so I’m not completely sure what the benefits are.
If you're looking from solely a performance perspective then LTs might not be completely worth it. However on a vehicle that is daily driven you will get small benefits from improved fuel efficiency and possibly even reduced engine wear since the engine will be working easier with less restriction. Weight reduction plays a part. Plus hearing the glorious exhaust growl. And also knowing that there are not many other Mustangs you'll come across on a day to day basis that have a full aftermarket exhaust. Plus the extra power up top that will be of use when merging onto highways or going around other vehicles. You won't regret the decision as long as it is within your funds.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you looked at the stock headers? They are not cast iron manifolds.
I was talking about the entire exhaust system as a whole from the stock manifolds all the way back. Going with an aftermarket LT to full 3 inch system is far superior than the stock exhaust. But if you prefer the stock system then by all means do your thing. It's no sweat off my back.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Mine is custom. There is no advantage to using aftermarket shorties on the coyote.

Long tubes do show an improvment in HP and torque.

Sponsored

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine is custom. There is no advantage to using aftermarket shorties on the coyote.

Long tubes do show an improvment in HP and torque.
I never mentioned STs. However I would prefer STs over the stock manifolds any day of the week. What others prefer on their Mustang doesn't matter to me. Stock manifolds, modified stock manifolds, stock exhaust, opinions on how this or that adds nothing or does nothing or how the stock stuff is efficient or whatever. Do whatever you want with your Mustang. That crap is coming off of mine and going right in the trash.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Do whatever you want with your Mustang. That crap is coming off of mine and going right in the trash.
You seem to have a thing against stock exhaust. I agree the suitcase sucks.

I have seen a few dyno tests between the stock coyote "manifold" it is really a header, that show "0" ZERO gain. The only improvement was sound when a true equal length shorty was tried. However that made no more power either. But some might like it for the sound improvement, to me the cost is not worth it.

On a stock engine long tubes are worth about 25 HP and about the same in torque, but the real improvement is area under the curve. Too bad there is not enough room for an equal length long tube header.
Sponsored