Oil separators / catch cans

Coyote 16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT
As a noob knowing I need a catch can for when my stang arrives, can someone point me in the right direction for one that's easy to install and will do the Job. Cheers!

JLT3 very easy to install as it uses the factory hoses and fittings also bottom simply screws off to empty. The hoses have markings on them so you know which way to install. No screws.:)

This is what you need:

JLT Performance Oil Separator 3.0 Black Anodized Passenger Side Kit GT 2011-2017/Boss 302 2012-2013/GT350 2016 from CJ pony parts
Sponsored

Last edited:

jd3v1l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Auto Shadow Black
JLT3 very easy to install as it uses the factory hoses and fittings also bottom simply screws off to empty no screws.:)
second the JLT3, i got driver and passenger side catch cans. seems a bit silly to only do one side.

noboot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saf
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
second the JLT3, i got driver and passenger side catch cans. seems a bit silly to only do one side.
What!!! :lol:

Last edited:

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
If you're not F/I you don't need the driver-side can, run a UPR breather.

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
As a noob knowing I need a catch can for when my stang arrives, can someone point me in the right direction for one that's easy to install and will do the Job. Cheers!
Ford Performance is the easiest one to install, can only go on one way :-)

Sponsored

Bolted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Race Red
When I was considering which one to get the three most popular I came across were -
A) Ford Performance- looks OEM, simple install, just plug in hoses. Some people have mentioned that removing can to clean can be PITA.
B) UPR OR JLT can which are both 'plug n play' and sit on hose
C) UPR with remote bracket sits near radiator. This is the one I purchased as I preferred one that was hidden. It takes a little more effort to install.

If you're considering a UPR can I think there is a group buy being organised, so check classified section.

All the cans mentioned do the job, so it just comes down to your personal preference and look you're trying to achieve.

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
When I was considering which one to get the three most popular I came across were -
A) Ford Performance- looks OEM, simple install, just plug in hoses. Some people have mentioned that removing can to clean can be PITA.
C) UPR with remote bracket sits near radiator. This is the one I purchased as I preferred one that was hidden. It takes a little more effort to install.

If you're considering a UPR can I think there is a group buy being organised, so check classified section.

All the cans mentioned do the job, so it just comes down to your personal preference and look you're trying to achieve.
Spot on mate, for the ford performance, i just undo the 4 bolts then use a syringe from the chemist to suck the oil out, makes it real easy!

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang

Streetfighter oil seperators are another option.

-Suits 5.0 GT n/a and supercharged
-High quality billet aluminium
-Fit and forget/ no need for constant attention
-Direct fit / no modifications
-100% Australian made
-Available Australia/NZ overnight
$395 for the pair.

[email protected]
08 82999 998
www.streetfighter.net.au

Streatfighter%20Oil%20Separators%20Mustang%20MKII_zpsqwz4zxoc.jpg

1%20Streatfighter%20Oil%20Separators%20MKII_zpsemrcx6ka.jpg

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Streetfighter oil seperators are another option.
I know I've asked before, and you don't sell just the single side, but I think the market would be more open to it. $395 is a lot of money for those that don't want/need a breather on the clean side.

OzS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback

Spot on mate, for the ford performance, i just undo the 4 bolts then use a syringe from the chemist to suck the oil out, makes it real easy!
I also have Ford Performance, but I haven't attached it to the engine with the bracket. It seems to sit happy in place suspended by the oil lines like other catch cans do.

Then I just unclip the two oil lines and pour out the oil from the lower collection chamber. No mess, no risk of lost bolts.

Sponsored

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I also have Ford Performance, but I haven't attached it to the engine with the bracket. It seems to sit happy in place suspended by the oil lines like other catch cans do.

Then I just unclip the two oil lines and pour out the oil from the lower collection chamber. No mess, no risk of lost bolts.
thanks mate, good tip!

apsilon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue manual GT in transit

w0rt3x

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT Fastback Manual Ruby Red
Back into your manifold :)

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
Where does the oil go if you don't need to empty it?
The separators act as a return back into the engine when not running.
This lessens oil usage and keeps your manifold clean

noboot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Saf
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Mustang GT
The separators act as a return back into the engine when not running.
This lessens oil usage and keeps your manifold clean
And you can 100% guarantee no metal shavings or anything but oil goes back into the engine?
Sponsored