Sponsored

Oil separators / catch cans

Stubai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (on its way)
Is anyone planning on or purchased an oil separator. I spoke to an engineer who assures me they absolutely do what they say they do. Helps protect and keep engine clean. I found a great model after a few weeks research. UPR.

Anyone else have any thoughts on these ?
Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
If you look at my build thread you will see that I have installed a upr, I highly recommend it. It's definitely needed in these cars. There has been quality control issues with Bobs catch can recently

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
A little birdy tells me Lethal performance are having a 20% off sale UPR products this weekend.

Send em a PM.

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
I bought a UPR as well as some Black 5.0 badges direct from UPR the other day. I messaged a couple of performance shop sponsors on here with no replies so I went straight to [MENTION=13019]UPRSteve[/MENTION] and he was great to deal with and even knocked off 10% for me :thumbsup:

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
In case anyone was wondering what a catch can looks like after 2300km, probably about 40ml's worth of oil already. A catch can is essential!!

Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
How much and where did you purchase it from

FPV GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 TY GT
Here is a picture I posted in another thread.
Thou it is of a BOSS motor, the Coyote suffers the same
You can see the oil around the runners, but what you cant see is the oil that has already entered the combustion chamber and more than likely deposited on the crowns of the pistons.

Catch Cans.... A MOST beneficial accessory, in this case as Ford do not supply standard

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I bought a UPR as well as some Black 5.0 badges direct from UPR the other day. I messaged a couple of performance shop sponsors on here with no replies so I went straight to @UPRSteve and he was great to deal with and even knocked off 10% for me :thumbsup:

Thanks again and it was a pleasure to help you. :cheers:

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I just bought a Bob's oil separator, and it's very well made, but they don't include a longer bolt to secure it to the strut tower ground hole. The stock bolt is too short, so I had to go to several hardware stores and auto parts shops to find a bolt that would fit. Unfortunately, the bolt seems to be an odd thread/pitch, as it's not quite an M6, and not quite a 1/4" bolt.

I'll be installing today...

JR

Ozstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Worth checking out the KPM or HERROD/JLT ones for the 5.0 Falcon? Would they work?

Sponsored

MM Pony GT

MM Pony GT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Maks
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
Might be a silly question, but are all oil separators compatible with RHD and LHD vehicles? Or will some not fit our mirror image RHD engine bay?

OP
OP

Stubai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (on its way)
Street fighter one is very expensive and doesn't seem to have a reservoir. Where does the oil go? How many filters? Think I will stick to UPR

Ozstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Oil drains back into the sump with these ones..did a quick search and i wouldnt recommend these at all

MustangDownUnder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
For the amount of oil these things catch, and the colour of the oil when the vapors condense and collect, (milky sort of colour). I dont have a problem with throwing out that amount of oil caught by a catch can.

I dont really care for the points about how the moisture is burned off if it goes back into the sump via a 'breather'. I feel better just throwing out a small amount of oil, and there is no issue then. You would have to think there is a reason all these USA companies engineer, and produce Oil catch cans and not Breathers.

I have a JLT catch can. Will probably stick with that or look into purchasing a Mishimoto Catch can, they have only been released a couple weeks ago, and look really good... the only thing with those is the tubes are quite long to get to the mounting point, but it should look ok still !

Especially with an aftermarket coolant tank. Currently have the Mishimoto Coolant tank in black, which would probably hide some of the catch can tubing.

Catch can for the Mustang GT only released a couple weeks ago.

[ame]
Sponsored

Last edited: