Sponsored

Oil separators / catch cans

Ozstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
For the amount of oil these things catch, and the colour of the oil when the vapors condense and collect, (milky sort of colour). I dont have a problem with throwing out that amount of oil caught by a catch can.

I dont really care for the points about how the moisture is burned off if it goes back into the sump via a 'breather'. I feel better just throwing out a small amount of oil, and there is no issue then. You would have to think there is a reason all these USA companies engineer, and produce Oil catch cans and not Breathers.

I have a JLT catch can. Will probably stick with that or look into purchasing a Mishimoto Catch can, they have only been released a couple weeks ago, and look really good... the only thing with those is the tubes are quite long to get to the mounting point, but it should look ok still !

Especially with an aftermarket coolant tank. Currently have the Mishimoto Coolant tank in black, which would probably hide some of the catch can tubing.

Agreed, after seeing how poorly designed the breather is (oil seems to drip inbetween the fitting and onto exhaust and not into sump like advertised) I'd avoid the KPM crap and go for a catch can.

The JLT is available from Herrod locally for $165
Sponsored

peterdee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Mustang GT

peterdee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Mustang GT

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords

What is the consensus on installing 1 or 2? I remember reading somewhere you only need to install the one, on the drivers side on our cars.
Drivers side only needed for na cars. The passenger side is an inlet that has the filtered air going into the crankcase from the intake tube, no oil in that side.
The drivers side is the outlet that feeds into the intake manifold that carries the oil and condensation mist into the intake and cylinders.

Sponsored

ozengine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB Ruby Red Convertible
Thanks for this thread, I have been doing some research and Catch Cans on the ecoboost is a must, cylinders 2 and 3 have a major problem with oil build up on valves etc, so will also now have to look at type to get for the Ecoboost

OP
OP

Stubai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (on its way)
Take a look at UPR . They seem to have the most effecient and effective filtering system to keep that oil out. Most seem to have one or two filters UPR has 4

peterdee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Mustang GT
Anyone have a local supplier of UPR catch cans? I wanna get one, preferably a full kit with all the hoses so I don't have to cut anything. I'm 'challenged' that way :)

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
Anyone have a local supplier of UPR catch cans? I wanna get one, preferably a full kit with all the hoses so I don't have to cut anything. I'm 'challenged' that way :)
Lethalperformance had a 20% off sale UPR products last weekend as per my earlier post.

I don't think there's a local supplier, but 20% off helps. Keep a look out for deals like that in the forum vendors section.

I purchased from them - UPR catch can for our driver side and vent hose for the other side.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Stubai

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT (on its way)
Yes I have a local supplier I think. When he returns my message I will let you know the price here. Supplier of your reading this I want to give you money lol

peterdee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Mustang GT
Yes I have a local supplier I think. When he returns my message I will let you know the price here. Supplier of your reading this I want to give you money lol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost Mustang
I installed the Mishimoto Catch Can, quality is pretty darn good and after 5000km of messing around with my tune and hard driving I had about 10mLs in there.

Since-64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graeme
Vehicle(s)
2014 Grand Cherokee, G6ET, 2016 Mustang
If anyone is interested Herrod Motorsport stock the JLT catch can and in approximately three weeks they will have the Ford racing catch can for those people that want an OEM look.

AussieGreg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Ford Falcon FGMkII XR6 Turbo, 2016 Ford Mustang GT
If anyone is interested Herrod Motorsport stock the JLT catch can and in approximately three weeks they will have the Ford racing catch can for those people that want an OEM look.

Thanks Graeme
Sponsored