Sponsored

Oil filter relocation kit

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 S550 Mustang GT (EURO)
Has anyone got an oil filter relocation kit fitted to their ride working along side an aftermarket oil cooler plate?

I have a mishimoto oil cooling system and the problem I have is that removing the oil filter is going to be a PITA.

So I'm looking at either oil filter relocation kits or a shorter filters with the same oem or similar specifications.

I need to install some billet engine mounts which will lower the engine by 3/4 of an inch
Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Nearly there. I’ve got the big lump of cast alloy that supports the right side of the block from a lhd car. It replaces the whole oil manifold / engine mount thing. The plan is to use a mmr oil filter relocation kit, in line mishimoto thermostat, and setrab oil cooler rad. Slowly assembling parts to fit over winter.
There is no space to put the filter in the engine bay, but there is some room under the air cleaner so I plan to put it there and remove the air cleaner bucket during changes.

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nearly there. I’ve got the big lump of cast alloy that supports the right side of the block from a lhd car. It replaces the whole oil manifold / engine mount thing. The plan is to use a mmr oil filter relocation kit, in line mishimoto thermostat, and setrab oil cooler rad. Slowly assembling parts to fit over winter.
There is no space to put the filter in the engine bay, but there is some room under the air cleaner so I plan to put it there and remove the air cleaner bucket during changes.

Interested in your solution man. Keep me posted.

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Just noticed Mishimoto now do a rhd oil cooler kit, I sent them an email 2 years ago and still waiting for them to reply, the only option then was the Streetfighter modified version from Australia.

Is your Euro Mustang LHD or RHD ?

Which oil filter do you use, I swapped the FL-500s for the bigger FL-800, which is even bigger ?

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just noticed Mishimoto now do a rhd oil cooler kit, I sent them an email 2 years ago and still waiting for them to reply, the only option then was the Streetfighter modified version from Australia.

Is your Euro Mustang LHD or RHD ?

Which oil filter do you use, I swapped the FL-500s for the bigger FL-800, which is even bigger ?
The street fighter kit is the same as the Mishimoto kit except it has a EU oil cooler delete plate. Mishimoto now offer this delete plate as well.

The stock oil filter fits even with the mishimoto oil cooler kit installed.

Sponsored

GR11M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Graham
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The street fighter kit is the same as the Mishimoto kit except it has a EU oil cooler delete plate. Mishimoto now offer this delete plate as well.

The stock oil filter fits even with the mishimoto oil cooler kit installed.
When my oil cooler failed 2 years ago Mishimoto didn't do a rhd version, only Streetfighter's version of the Mishimoto with it's modified plate fit because Australia are rhd too. I'm still interested in fitting it but I know how tight the space is down there which is why I was asking whether the larger FL-820 oil filter would fit with the Mishimoto cooler.

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When my oil cooler failed 2 years ago Mishimoto didn't do a rhd version, only Streetfighter's version of the Mishimoto with it's modified plate fit because Australia are rhd too. I'm still interested in fitting it but I know how tight the space is down there which is why I was asking whether the larger FL-820 oil filter would fit with the Mishimoto cooler.
There were a few guys here who were manufacturing the plate long before mishimoto started to offer one here.

With the cooler, the fl820 would probably be highly unlikely. The fl500 is tight enough to get in there and out making filter changes less than fun. The whole reason I'm interested in the oil relocation kit is because I need to install some lowering engine mounts and to be able to do that I need a smaller filter to the fl500 with the same specs or relocation.

blueboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barrie
Vehicle(s)
Dib GT and vw transporter
Does anybody know if Dave at GT101 has his solution ready yet ?

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
Mike at Modurstang has got a good one he co-developed with Guy at Nemesis. I swapped my MMR one for theirs.

Sponsored

blueboy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Barrie
Vehicle(s)
Dib GT and vw transporter
Thanks, I will give him a call.

OP
OP
V8_MOTOR

V8_MOTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mike at Modurstang has got a good one he co-developed with Guy at Nemesis. I swapped my MMR one for theirs.
Any idea of cost and pressure loss if any?

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
About ÂŁ500, no idea about pressure loss sorry.
Sponsored