Cgouzoulis

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
Seems most catch can guys see little to none. Good example of catch can doing it job maybe....
Sponsored

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I don't have a lot of miles however, so far at 900 miles I am not seeing any oil loss. My break-in is driving it varied along with how I would normally drive it, not babying it nor am I beating it.

I have the OEM oil catch can as well.
One thing about the OEM catch is that the oil returns to the engine, so any loss can be attributed to consumption, blow by, or leaking.

Aftermarket cans will collect oil, so in theory you will see slightly less oil on the dipstick. Keep in mind the oil catch is only collecting cc's, so it's minimum at best.

OP
OP
Cgouzoulis

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
One thing about the OEM catch is that the oil returns to the engine, so any loss can be attributed to consumption, blow by, or leaking.

Aftermarket cans will collect oil, so in theory you will see slightly less oil on the dipstick. Keep in mind the oil catch is only collecting cc's, so it's minimum at best.
Well I am doing another oil change in about 200 miles, so Ill be sure to inspect everything underneath to see if it is a leaky plug or filter housing. I see nothing on the floor ever, understanding that the underbelly pan may mask. I ve fely under there too and see nothing. Once warmed up, car doesn't smoke either and I have no cats so if it were Im sure I'd be more inclined to see any puff

Chris2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 / 2021 Jaguar SVR / 2019 TrackHawk

You are 100% correct, my wife’s Trackhawk has the JLT catch cans and they pick up about 50% of the can between oil changes. I just check my oil once every few weeks since I only drive my GT500 on occasion.
Sponsored