Sponsored

Officially filed a lemon law claim through BBB Auto Line. What can I expect in terms of the possible outcomes?

OP
OP
KCCG1219

KCCG1219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kristen
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ecoboost Mustang
Ok I got an update. I randomly received a notification from the BBB that my claim was settled. This is the letter that was in my inbox. I’m confused because I never spoke to anyone on the phone and I didn’t necessarily agree to these terms, but the wording implies that I did. I’m happy they’re absorbing the usage fees & it seems that they’re going to give me a credit for a new vehicle - I already ordered one so I’m assuming I can apply it to that when it comes in and we complete the financing.

Overall this letter looks a little suspicious especially with the random punctuation and lack thereof in certain areas. Can anyone help interpret exactly what this means & if I’m understanding correctly?

8404FEA2-F750-4953-A7CB-F39522E63565.jpeg
Sponsored

BimmerDriver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
GT convertible w/3 pedals, BMW M550i
First of all OP, congrats. It looks like you made progress.

Second, that letter does look strange. It's obviously a form letter, but it shouldn't have those issues. I've heard of the BBB of course, but not the BBBNP, so maybe they're not very sophisticated.

Third, it appears that Ford should be contacting you. Hang tight.

I'll add that I've been through this with BMW, in NC. Our laws here are different, and mine was on a new car.

Don't expect them to pay you 100% of what you paid for the car. They can deduct for mileage, use, etc. I know it all sucks, and you were not at fault, but you're probably doing better than 95% of the folks out there who just eat the loss, and/or default on the loan, let them reposes the car and ruin their credit. Me, I probably would have taken the 29K and called it a day.

Best of luck to you.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
My understanding from lemon laws that have positive results (from California) is that you get 100% of your money back. I can’t imagine them giving you a brand new 2022 because you bought a used 2020. I could be wrong, but it seems like a lot to ask…
My wife had what the GM rep said was the first car in Massachusetts returned under our lemon law. At the time, we got her original purchase price, less 1% for every 1000 miles on the odometer. Had to jump through hoops for a few months, and they settled the day before we were supposed to have a hearing on the issue.
Sponsored