Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
Kinda thinking the same thing...especially after hearing the "blinding" remark about the tesla style. I really took a good look at the console the other day and what I mean is I really focused and pictured the different screens...and along the lines of "blinding"; whilst the 10 would be impressive, I think it would be a bit overwhelming from day to day and the 8 would be better in that aspect. What I don't like about the 8 is that it is recessed and has those angled borders around the screen...I wish it was flat all the way across like the 10...oh well, can't have everything I suppose, lol.
I wonder if you picked up a toasted Tom top if you could switch the facia?
Sponsored

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
I can live with the way it comes...but you might be on to something.

DL3f

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Hi guys! I have a gen 2 unit with the April 2017 custom firmware. So far everything is running smoothly, but I have an issue with the radio app audio getting interrupted when I launch Google maps for navigation. The chinese navigation app does not have this issue. I think one guy had the issue back in April but got it fixed with a rom update... But since I'm at the latest version I'm out of luck. Did anybody run into that issue and managed to fix it?

Last edited:
OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
I wonder if you picked up a toasted Tom top if you could switch the facia?
The faceplate is no different than the TomTop... Why would you want to do that?

TomTop:

tomtop.jpg

8" Android unit

Mustang%208inch%202015+.png

Same frame, just different hardware behind the scenes.

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick D
Vehicle(s)
red gt auto
The faceplate is no different than the TomTop... Why would you want to do that?

TomTop:

tomtop.jpg

8" Android unit

Mustang%208inch%202015+.png

Same frame, just different hardware behind the scenes.
guess it wasnt the tom top then, but one of those units i saw had a slightly different faceplate with chrome accents. looked kinda like the $800 raxium thing AM sells.

but ill be happy with the appearance of the 8 as shown

Sponsored

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
guess it wasnt the tom top then, but one of those units i saw had a slightly different faceplate with chrome accents. looked kinda like the $800 raxium thing AM sells.

but ill be happy with the appearance of the 8 as shown
Chrome vinyl will make it look like the Moddiction.

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I recently joined the ranks of those who had the Tesla, and went back to stock. It's weird that I am excited to go back to stock, but I am. Having the heat and AC controls back is great, and I no longer sound like I am in a tunnel when I talk on the phone. For my last video, I will be shooting the Tesla unit; let's see what's really inside of that Chinese junk.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I recently joined the ranks of those who had the Tesla, and went back to stock. It's weird that I am excited to go back to stock, but I am. Having the heat and AC controls back is great, and I no longer sound like I am in a tunnel when I talk on the phone. For my last video, I will be shooting the Tesla unit; let's see what's really inside of that Chinese junk.
Use Tannerite!

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good cal Patrick, now what should I shoot it with :gossip:

Well, White Lightning can be used with something as small and slow as a .22lr, but I would personally prefer something with a little stank to it in the .30cal range.... What are my options to choose from?

Sponsored

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Well, White Lightning can be used with something as small and slow as a .22lr, but I would personally prefer something with a little stank to it in the .30cal range.... What are my options to choose from?
A fellow Tesla pioneer needs mine for parts, so it is safe from the shooting squad. My original thoughts were between a Thompson with the unloading of 100 rounds via the large drum, an AR-15 with a Beta-Mag, or a Barrett .50 cal.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A fellow Tesla pioneer needs mine for parts, so it is safe from the shooting squad. My original thoughts were between a Thompson with the unloading of 100 rounds via the large drum, an AR-15 with a Beta-Mag, or a Barrett .50 cal.
I have almost enough parts to build a Tesla unit in my trunk... but no Tannerite. I do have tannerite videos though. on youtube.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I would vote for the Thompson, if this was still going to happen. Does this fellow Tesla owner need the little backup camera wiring harness? I could use that, if they dont need it.

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Random thought... I might do another group buy. I need to buy a Tesla's HU for my Focus and if I do at least 5 Mustang order I will get a price on my Focus unit lol.

DL3f

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Thanks.

so 720-06-01 xxxx xxxx x8 and 760-02-02 xxxx 3x for base GT no PP manual (manual and auto same?)

Now just need to figure out how to not have the mode toggle on Tesla to activate max AC :)

Also, you posted the hazard toggle fix in a previous post...

BCM 726-29-02 xxxx xxx0 (premium bezel with hazard toggle)

Did anyone try that and confirm? Or does not using Mustang-Hi fix it itself?
Sorry to bring back an old topic... But after enabling the drive modes on my unit a couple of days ago I set myself a goal to try to figure out how exactly the unit turns on Max AC when you hit the mode switch. First I thought that the switch could be sending both the max ac and drive mode signals, but two things make me doubt:

1. Some units will toggle Max AC, but others like mine will cycle the radio modes like the M button on the steering wheel does. It might mean that two versions of the toggle switch board exists, one that sends drive mode + AC, and one that sends DM + radio mode... but there is also the possibility that only one version of the board exists, and that the behavior is handled elsewhere.

2. Even if the unit does not work very well on the premium, the manufacturer obviously wanted to make it compatible with it considering the dual zone support, the "mustang hi" settings scattered everywhere, and the "availability" of the premium harness... Were they stupid enough to hardwire the Max AC/radio mode function to the mode button knowing that it would mess up the drive mode button for the premiums?

Knowing that it would need to work with both the base and the premium, I think that it would have made more sense to make the switch send the original drive mode signal on the bus, and have the unit's software look for it on the bus... If your unit is set to "mustang hi", it would not react to the signal (your car computer would still react to it on the premium by cycling the drive modes). If your unit is set to "mustang", it would react to the signal and trigger an action on the head unit (max ac or radio mode... car computer would not react as the base car does not have the drive modes enabled).

That would explain why the mode switch toggles both functions when we enable the drive modes with Forscan on the base car. The car computer now reacts to the drive mode signal from the switch, but the head unit software also still picks it up and triggers the "replacement" action.

Note that this is just a theory... It's probably totally wrong, as switching to the "mustang hi" setting doesn't help with the issue... But there might be a slight chance that they just messed up in the software, resulting in the base/hi setting not being handled properly.

If anyone had the chance to dig deeper into the hardware/software, I would be interested to hear about your findings on the subject :)

Sorry for the wall of text... I was not able to explain that with fewer words. And for the bad english too.
Sponsored