Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
I really appreciate all the work you guys do and would definitely be willing to pay for the updates. Either way I'm gonna donate some cash your way soon or some crypto if you'd like ;).

But I feel ya there most people are selfish and untrustworthy. I just figured out one of my good friends is a liar owes me like $900 and I gave a lol bit of trust in the beggining he was cool then out of nowhere I get screwed. My faith in humanity has gone down alot once again.

Anyways I'm about to get this unit installed in my car this weekend looking forward to it.
Thanks for your support and understanding man. I'm sorry to hear about your "Friend" I hope you'll get your money back though.
:cheers:
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
Thanks for your support and understanding man. I'm sorry to hear about your "Friend" I hope you'll get your money back though.
:cheers:
Thanks I hope so too. Tired of people thinking they can just take stuff from you. I got so much phone call recording evidence lol but this guys a special character an evil virgo if you catch my drift.

Hell yeah! I havent even tried getting into mine yet I just got my unit installed. It came with aux inputs and also multi channel outputs with a sub out. Im still not sure if i got the red white plugged in correctly but my mph gage works and i didnt have to modify the wiring harness yet. Which im guessing is for the extra gages.
Also i think my unit came with 3gb of ram?

Last edited:

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks I hope so too. Tired of people thinking they can just take stuff from you. I got so much phone call recording evidence lol but this guys a special character an evil virgo if you catch my drift.

Hell yeah! I havent even tried getting into mine yet I just got my unit installed. It came with aux inputs and also multi channel outputs with a sub out. Im still not sure if i got the red white plugged in correctly but my mph gage works and i didnt have to modify the wiring harness yet. Which im guessing is for the extra gages.
Also i think my unit came with 3gb of ram?
I made a video on how to install the 2nd gen. Look up my YouTube channel (The Frenchy Nite Rider). Your unit should have 2gb of ram. Go to your settings then system info and it should tell you at the bottom. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
Anyone upgrade speakers with amps with this head unit? Is it possible?

Mine came with the cable for it i dont have it plugged in because im stock at the moment but it had all of the outs for the speakers and subwoofer.
Also when i use spotify on the unit it plays through all speakers like its supposed to.

Stangatx
As far as ram goes yeah it has 2gb but its weird because before I used the 8861 pass for the secret menu my unit was saying 3g/4g of ram. Then it changed and my chinese logo changed to vipertech Im not sure which option i changed if i did at all a lil confusing considering my unit has a few of chinese options in the secret menu... Which i thought I had left alone lol. Thanks ill check the video out if i feel comfortable i may go ahead and try flashing my unit tomorrow otherwise ill be researching more before flashing....

Ill upload some pics later of my unit and the audio cables it came with...

Edit: yeah that unit looks just like mine wish i had seen this video before trying to install lol. Btw I love those custom gages you got on the other vid. Also maybe this has been asked already but im assuming even with the gen 2 the yellow and black wires need to be moved to make the extra gages work in the unit...

Last edited:

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine came with the cable for it i dont have it plugged in because im stock at the moment but it had all of the outs for the speakers and subwoofer.
Also when i use spotify on the unit it plays through all speakers like its supposed to.

Stangatx
As far as ram goes yeah it has 2gb but its weird because before I used the 8861 pass for the secret menu my unit was saying 3g/4g of ram. Then it changed and my chinese logo changed to vipertech Im not sure which option i changed if i did at all a lil confusing considering my unit has a few of chinese options in the secret menu... Which i thought I had left alone lol. Thanks ill check the video out if i feel comfortable i may go ahead and try flashing my unit tomorrow otherwise ill be researching more before flashing....

Ill upload some pics later of my unit and the audio cables it came with...

Edit: yeah that unit looks just like mine wish i had seen this video before trying to install lol. Btw I love those custom gages you got on the other vid. Also maybe this has been asked already but im assuming even with the gen 2 the yellow and black wires need to be moved to make the extra gages work in the unit...

Those gauges are just a little project on the side lol. Thanks though :D As for the other gauges I told the manufacturer to modify the harness for us base model to don't do it anymore on 2nd gen and now everyone should be able to get the speedo without modifying the harness :thumbsup:

Sponsored

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
[MENTION=20219]StangATX[/MENTION] Did you happen to hear anything from them about the premium yet? I sent off an email to Liu back on the 18th I think, not a word...

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@StangATX Did you happen to hear anything from them about the premium yet? I sent off an email to Liu back on the 18th I think, not a word...

Still nothing man :/ Probably at the end of the Paypal claim. I told them I wanted to order Tesla HU for another car in big Qty so I'm sure they will reply pretty soon.

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sneak peek of the new Custom ROM:

Added:

*. StangATX Signature with the ROM Version on main view of the launcher (easier for future update)
*. Darker Speed numbers
*. Newer background were you can see your speed
*. Darker Radio APP and added a blue/purpleish
*. Darker Phone and bluetooth music (I knew I forgot to take a picture of something lol)
*. Darker AC control (I forgot some lol. I have to redo the AC Controller app. I might have another idea for the AC :D)
*. Added the newer version to change the boot logo
*. tweaked all the apps I rebuilt with better and cleaner coding (Should be a little bit better than the previous APK I rebuilt and use less ressources).
*. I probably forgot other stuff I've done to it but I just got my car back today and I thought I would flash it just to check what else I need to fix and change.

(PS: I know it's KM/H but it works with MPH. I was messing around with some settings).

Sneak Peek:
IMG_20170725_113510.png
IMG_20170725_113527.png
IMG_20170725_113536.png

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MUSTANG ECOBOOST
Nice stang the new rom looks awesome. Although I will say that I do like the way the original theme looks. Is there an easy way to change between the two?

Also I went through like every page in this forum twice now and there are some broken images too im still trying to figure out if i have the red/white rca plugged into the right spot they dont seem to do anything idk.

Also I might have 4g of memory it says 2g/4g which idk maybe that means it has 2g. I saw an old video of a tesla with 512/ something. Did the first gens start off with half a gig? I wanna make sure mine is still 2nd gen before I go tweaking software lol.

I also have an extra free line from tmobile so an extra simcard im not using. I know its been mentioned that some go with a wifi hotspot. But if i could find the right usb modem to work with it that way the unit will use the phone data thatd be sweet. Still doing research there on that too...
EceGaP.jpg

Sj4Ixz.jpg

Last edited:

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice stang the new rom looks awesome. Although I will say that I do like the way the original theme looks. Is there an easy way to change between the two?

Also I went through like every page in this forum twice now and there are some broken images too im still trying to figure out if i have the red/white rca plugged into the right spot they dont seem to do anything idk.

Also I might have 4g of memory it says 2g/4g which idk maybe that means it has 2g. I saw an old video of a tesla with 512/ something. Did the first gens start off with half a gig?
Thanks, It's just a beta test for the ROM nothing is set but I did tweak the code to use less resources though. I'm still working on that Climate control. 2g/4g means you have 4g of ram and you're currently using 2g out of it (Pretty weird...):thumbsup:

PS: After checking the specs of the processor It shouldn't be 4gb. I'm sure they tricked the file system. The processor can support only up to 2gb of ram lol.
Sponsored

Last edited: