Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

elpatronvega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang v6
Who has the second gen and installed on a base? Have a question about the black female end wire. Looks like a video cable with a red clip on it? I can't seem figure out where it is supposed to connect
Not sure if you're talking about the antenna whereas the new one is white?

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Can anyone help with changing bootup picture? Can't find where in settings
I have a second gen on a base car, and I simply connected the head unit to the internet, google searched a picture I liked, and touched and held the picture for a couple of seconds. A box prompting me with options appeared, and I chose set as background. Once done, I didn't think it worked, because the original picture was there on the next startup. It takes something like two starts and opening the driver's door for the setting to take.

elpatronvega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang v6
I have a second gen on a base car, and I simply connected the head unit to the internet, google searched a picture I liked, and touched and held the picture for a couple of seconds. A box prompting me with options appeared, and I chose set as background. Once done, I didn't think it worked, because the original picture was there on the next startup. It takes something like two starts and opening the driver's door for the setting to take.
Okay I'll see if I restart. I did change the background but saw nothing happen lol. Thanks:cheers:

wortex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 16
Can anyone help with changing bootup picture? Can't find where in settings
I dont think its in the settings like the wallpaper.
There is an icon for that called boot image or something like that. If you have Nova installed you go to all apps and its there.

Sponsored

2017PPGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP GT w/ H-Pipe & Catback
I remember people saying the blackbox (the sync) that sits behind the screen can be removed and doesn't serve any purpose for the HU. is this ckrrect? I'd like to remkve it so I can get to the plugs on the cd player

elpatronvega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang v6
I remember people saying the blackbox (the sync) that sits behind the screen can be removed and doesn't serve any purpose for the HU. is this ckrrect? I'd like to remkve it so I can get to the plugs on the cd player
Those cd player plugs were a pain. At that point I took an hour break to get my focus back and then came back and was able to unlock the clips :frusty:

2017PPGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Well I'm digging into it now. I loosened the sync box above it. Hoping this helps

2017PPGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Those cd player plugs were a pain. At that point I took an hour break to get my focus back and then came back and was able to unlock the clips :frusty:

Got them out in about 2 minutes thanks to removing the box. Huge relief! :headbang:

Sponsored

2017PPGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
You're close. Plugging the hu is definitely much easier. Just plug in all the old wires as well as two or three of the new ones and you're set

Should I reinstall the Black Box I removed that was sitting behind the old screen?

2017PPGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
And does anyone have a pic of the wires connected? Just wsnt to ensure they're correct!

elpatronvega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang v6
And does anyone have a pic of the wires connected? Just wsnt to ensure they're correct!
I recommend testing everything before finishing the job. Test reverse cam, radio, Bluetooth, Navigation, etc. If everything works you should be good :cheers:

As for the black box I'm not sure. I guess if everything works then screw the black box lol

2017PPGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
I appreciate the help. I purchased a front camera and think I'll have to tap out tonight. Tons of wires all labeled in chinese. I have no clue where to even begin

2017PPGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
No idea where to run the gps either. Has anyone done an install on this Gen2 HU?
Sponsored