PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
Patrick, did your head unit connect automatically to your hotspot, or did you have to set it up each time you started it?
It would connect automatically, but I had to turn the hotspot on, it had an auto off feature.
Sponsored

Legionofone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Base
My wifi is a pita honestly, it doesn't like to connect half the time.

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
I have my phone as a hotspot, but when I connect my iPad, I have to go into settings and select my phone every time; I am hoping I don't have to do that with this head unit.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have my phone as a hotspot, but when I connect my iPad, I have to go into settings and select my phone every time; I am hoping I don't have to do that with this head unit.
No, Android remembers it and auto connects, it also constantly scans for remembered connections.

Sponsored

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
My wifi is a pita honestly, it doesn't like to connect half the time.
To your home WiFi or to a portable hotspot?
To chime in here with the 10.2" horizontal I have to go on my phone (portable hotspot) and toggle it on and off every time To connect. It will however connect to my home wifi evertime automatically. I wonder if I delete my home wifi if it will auto connect to my phones hot spot.

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To chime in here with the 10.2" horizontal I have to go on my phone (portable hotspot) and toggle it on and off every time To connect. It will however connect to my home wifi evertime automatically. I wonder if I delete my home wifi if it will auto connect to my phones hot spot.
It should.

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Shawn, I watched all of your videos, and I really appreciate you taking the time to make them. Did you ever get your voice control, or snyc to work? I actually seriously considered going with the unit you chose, but I didn't like the removing of the volume and tuner dials; I wanted to be able to go back to stock if I couldn't get the radio to work.

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Shawn, I watched all of your videos, and I really appreciate you taking the time to make them. Did you ever get your voice control, or snyc to work? I actually seriously considered going with the unit you chose, but I didn't like the removing of the volume and tuner dials; I wanted to be able to go back to stock if I couldn't get the radio to work.
No fix for them yet. Seems I'm having similar issues with getting after sales service. Out of 6 emails I've sent them in a week they have responded twice usually with there typical stall tactics of asking stupid questions. They have said they reached out to their engineers for tech assistance and the days just roll by. I threatened to leave bad feedback on their site and here and I may also threaten paypal dispute just to see if it will lite a fire. So far aside from the poor quality blue tooth connection and lack of voice control the unit is functioning well. The volume knob and tuner are the easiest part, just clip them off and if you really ever need to go back by a used cheap takeoff on eBay.

Sponsored

Drivinglesson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Will I be able to install and load a launcher other than what this unit comes with? I've been looking at the "one launcher," and "car launcher." Both are for Android, and they are simple and clean.

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Will I be able to install and load a launcher other than what this unit comes with? I've been looking at the "one launcher," and "car launcher." Both are for Android, and they are simple and clean.
Yes, You can install whatever launcher you'd like. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
PatrickHenninger

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only issue I saw with custom launchers was because of the forced Portrait mode, some launchers don't like it.

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone