Sponsored

Why is everyone buying the replica GT500 rear diffusers instead of OEM?

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
They include the exhaust brackets in there kit I believe they just don’t have the hardware to install the close out panel to the exhaust bracket. it’s just 2 metric bolts that could be purchased at any hardware store So not a huge deal. I agree thought If they are selling a kit they should supply everything needed.
Ok well I emailed them. I’ll clarify if they contact me. Or when they contact me. When it comes to the mud flaps those really aren’t necessary and can be gotten at a later time.
Sponsored

Wyzz Kydd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro SS 1LE, 2020 Mustang EcoBoost
I think the choice between replica vs OEM parts in general comes down to whether you view your car as eventually being a 'collectible'. If you're going to keep it for 20 years, maybe it would be nice at the end of that for it to be all OEM. On the other hand, if you're going to drive it 3-5 years, then trade it in for something else, how much does that OEM mean in terms of value, probably very little.

I think my son is going to keep this Mustang for a while, and if he does decide to sell it, I may buy it from him and semi-retire it to potentially get it back to him one day when he is feeling nostalgic.

For that reason, we'll probably go OEM for a better spoiler and wheels, etc.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
OEM or aftermarket... EH. Both made in same cheap Chinese factory over seas out of same cheap plastic pellets shoved into a form. IN the end we all die and who really cares all this will be burnt to a crisp in 5 billion years and none of this will exist or better yet honestly no one cares now LOL

The other day I was in a line to buy food and the guy in front of me was greeted by the cashier and asked if he found everything he needed. His answer? I found everything I could afford.

And we debate what plastic bit on our over priced car is better then the other plastic bit on same said car LOL. perspective, we all need a fresh one. First world problems.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words

Here is a shot of the back side of the mufflers painted black .......... strictly fyi

I use black to hide

IMG_0155.jpeg

Screen Shot 2021-05-02 at 7.31.20 AM.png

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Cannot picture why they wouldn't, they attach to the rear inner fender of the wheel well .

L8APEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 Raptor
I prefer my Verus engineering diffuser:

sp1.jpg
|

175471452_4025430320847112_7927857262707918357_n.jpg

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Looks good but 18+ prolly won’t work. Never seen one of em on a newer

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I don’t get why someone with a GT wants their car to look like a gt350 or a GT 500 but hey. They make all kinds of shit to do it. To each his own. Or her own.
Same reason you have wheels that are replicas of a GT350R...?

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL

Sponsored

SEAICE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BW
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
While I have bought non-OEM parts on more than one occasion, if the price is reasonably close, I'll pay a bit more for OEM, not only for the quality, but also to support FORD and it's suppliers and to not support Chinese trademark infringing knock-off companies. That is the real, most legit reasoning IMO

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
Levittown has since added the missing pieces in their rear gt 500 kit. Just looked.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
All good points and of course you can put a giant aluminum spoiler for all I care on your car. In the end you have to drive it. So whatever makes you happy. But the reality is it’s a replica part. To me it’s the same reason that’s similar to why we don’t let body shops usually replace our front bumper with a non OEM bumper. The part just isn’t going to fit the same no matter how “perfect” some one thinks it does or actually look the same close up ( color shade, small details, small gaps between the bumper and diffuser) or function the same when it comes to real world use and aero properties if there’s ever a time where you actually are using the car as designed. BTW the part itself isn’t that much more. That price is for the close out panel with the part and the brackets to secure the panel. I included the link so now people can buy the real one if they want. There’s not one link to the real diffuser on this forum. And I think it has less to do with the price and more to do with people not knowing where to get it. It took me a while to find the OEM diffuser for sale.
Meh.

The owner can do as he wishes.
An aftermarket "mod" part is not the same as a Front bumper.
The oem part front bumper will fit better than the aftermarket one that is produced because insurance companies will not care if it only kind fits. if it is cheaper than the factory part.
A part a owner installs for performance real or otherwise , or looks. has to fit well, or be a good enough value to be an option over the oem part. That might be supplied to the oem by the same company selling the aftermarket unit/part.
Before we replaced the truck, it needed the side step replaced as the pass. side was getting holy.
The factory FORD part, one side NOT both sides, no brackets, no rubber trim,step surface and no end caps.
989.95 each.
A new SET (both sides) of side steps, That did not have bolt on end caps, the tube was formed as one piece. and was thicker steel. 495.99
Sometimes the OEM'S shoot themselves in the foot, with the pricing on things.
I'd like a ducktail rear spoiler on the idea of the old shelby 60's cars had. Ford does not offer one.
O/P you do onderstand that Ford most likely did not produce the Original part you are at odds about.

OP
OP
Semp1

Semp1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Magneride
Meh.

The owner can do as he wishes.
An aftermarket "mod" part is not the same as a Front bumper.
The oem part front bumper will fit better than the aftermarket one that is produced because insurance companies will not care if it only kind fits. if it is cheaper than the factory part.
A part a owner installs for performance real or otherwise , or looks. has to fit well, or be a good enough value to be an option over the oem part. That might be supplied to the oem by the same company selling the aftermarket unit/part.
Before we replaced the truck, it needed the side step replaced as the pass. side was getting holy.
The factory FORD part, one side NOT both sides, no brackets, no rubber trim,step surface and no end caps.
989.95 each.
A new SET (both sides) of side steps, That did not have bolt on end caps, the tube was formed as one piece. and was thicker steel. 495.99
Sometimes the OEM'S shoot themselves in the foot, with the pricing on things.
I'd like a ducktail rear spoiler on the idea of the old shelby 60's cars had. Ford does not offer one.
O/P you do onderstand that Ford most likely did not produce the Original part you are at odds about.
Ford produces every part that’s labeled “ford“. Ford performance parts are not produced or made by Ford. I get what youre saying but an aftermarket performance part from a reputable company for example like RTR, Anderson Composites or Roush. All of which are associated with ford btw due to their high quality and R&D that goes into their parts is not the same as buying a cheaper made plastic replica part by MP Concepts or “eBay” spoiler. There’s nothing wrong with buying a cheaper replica part I personally just think you’re cheapening a car with lesser parts and others will see it the same way whether that matters to you or not. Like I said it’s your car you can do as you please and reason with the decisions however you feel. This is my reasoning.

Last edited:

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
Ford produces every part that’s labeled “ford“. Ford performance parts are not produced or made by Ford. I get what youre saying but an aftermarket performance part from a reputable company for example like RTR, Anderson Composites or Roush. All of which are associated with ford btw due to their high quality and R&D that goes into their parts is not the same as buying a cheaper made plastic replica part by MP Concepts or “eBay” spoiler. There’s nothing wrong with buying a cheaper replica part I personally just think you’re cheapening a car with lesser parts and others will see it the same way whether that matters to you or not. Like I said it’s your car you can do as you please and reason with the decisions however you feel. This is my reasoning.
So, every part of the ford GT is made by , produced by ,Ford?
Ya, um. cool story,bro.

Even Fords bread and butter vehicles, most of the parts are sub contracted out to other suppliers .
Just like every other oem.
Sponsored