ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Is anyone runnin' Charcoal RTR Tech 7's on a Black Mustang? Please post pix.
Sponsored

TheDonSalami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Fastback
Is anyone runnin' Charcoal RTR Tech 7's on a Black Mustang? Please post pix.
I haven't put tires on them yet but once I do and it's not too late I'll get you a Pic. I got 19 x 9.5 squared. I'm thinking putting 275/40 on them but idk if theyll clear an inch or so drop

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't put tires on them yet but once I do and it's not too late I'll get you a Pic. I got 19 x 9.5 squared. I'm thinking putting 275/40 on them but idk if theyll clear an inch or so drop
I would be surprised if they didn't clear...

Sponsored

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase

AoAIronman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - Ruby Red Manual
So i have read through most of this thread to try and find the answers i need and for the most part they have been answered. I saw where cobrakev or whatever his name was had issues with his rear wheels having some poke issues. I have a 2016 gt premium non pp and im looking to get the 20” rims and put 275/35/20 on front and 305/35/20 on rear. Since i dont have my car lowered and its a non pp will i have any fitment issues?

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
So i have read through most of this thread to try and find the answers i need and for the most part they have been answered. I saw where cobrakev or whatever his name was had issues with his rear wheels having some poke issues. I have a 2016 gt premium non pp and im looking to get the 20” rims and put 275/35/20 on front and 305/35/20 on rear. Since i dont have my car lowered and its a non pp will i have any fitment issues?
You shouldn't rub if that's what you mean, but the rear might have slight poke unless you add the right camber. I saw that size before and it was a matter of opinion if it was poke or fully flush. You will definitely have some speedo error going from nonPP size like 255/40 R19 to 305/35 R20 which is almost 1.5" taller ~3mph at 60. You will also have more fender gap in the front on stock springs with the difference in f/r tire height.

AoAIronman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - Ruby Red Manual
Thats what i figured. And yea i have the 265/35/20 on it now so the speedo shouldnt be off to bad. I really dont want to have poke so should i get 295’s?

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
Thats what i figured. And yea i have the 265/35/20 on it now so the speedo shouldnt be off to bad. I really dont want to have poke so should i get 295’s?
It's the wheels and their offset that will dictate poke or not. RTR designed these wheels for the Mustang so they shouldn't poke, however they are at the edge to be flush and suspensions from car to car vary a bit thus some cars may have some poke and some do not but some alignment changes should be able to cure it, if you have it, without anything crazy. I personally wouldn't expect poke with these wheels but you never know and what is poke can be a bit subjective. Also just for clarity I am assuming we are speaking of the 10.5 wheel for the rear given the tire size. I went 9.5 and square on my RTR's and have no poke but they are fully flush. (The 10.5 have different offset so don't think they will stick out further based on me saying my 9.5 are flush)

Sponsored

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
It's the wheels and their offset that will dictate poke or not. RTR designed these wheels for the Mustang so they shouldn't poke, however they are at the edge to be flush and suspensions from car to car vary a bit thus some cars may have some poke and some do not but some alignment changes should be able to cure it, if you have it, without anything crazy. I personally wouldn't expect poke with these wheels but you never know and what is poke can be a bit subjective. Also just for clarity I am assuming we are speaking of the 10.5 wheel for the rear given the tire size. I went 9.5 and square on my RTR's and have no poke but they are fully flush. (The 10.5 have different offset so don't think they will stick out further based on me saying my 9.5 are flush)
Have you got pix
Have you got pix?

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
Tech 5's but have the same offset and backspace as the Tech 7's, 33mm/168mm. 20x9.5 with 285/35 Firestone 500s, stock suspension. The driveway has a bit on slant to it so it adds a bit of fender gap vs when it is parked flat.
20190506_073049.jpg

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Anyone knows exact weight of 19x9.5 tech 7? They say it is 23lbs. But I wonder if it is 23 plus some, or just under 23? I doubt it is exactly 23, but might be wrong....
Sponsored