Sponsored

SVE r357 or RTR Tech 7?

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
All other factors being even, would there be a teason to preffer SVE wheel over RTR?

Just wheel set price SVE wins, but wheel/tire packages seem to better at rtr side.

I compared sve r357 19x10 vs rtr spec 7 19x9.5

My motivation for aftermarket wheels is 95% weight reduction and 5% wheel design.
Sponsored

Last edited:

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I just went from RTR tech mesh to SVE GT7 and both wheels had no issues with being round and true. I got the tech mesh with nitro tires for 650$ so a steal, the guy had a little curb rash. I just hated cleaning them. Based on the 2 you posted I’d go for the RTR just because they seem to have a more concave design but that’s me and what in to.

OP
OP
accel

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
I just went from RTR tech mesh to SVE GT7 and both wheels had no issues with being round and true. I got the tech mesh with nitro tires for 650$ so a steal, the guy had a little curb rash. I just hated cleaning them. Based on the 2 you posted I’d go for the RTR just because they seem to have a more concave design but that’s me and what in to.
I noticed people replace sve cups with something else, sort of do not like to demonstrate they are on sves.

is rtr more "prestige" brand?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
They're both flow formed and look to be around the same weight, just pick the style you like better.

RTR is the "better" brand in terms of brand awareness and uniqueness because of their cars, but SVE is no slouch and their wheels are wider than the RTR ones.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I noticed people replace sve cups with something else, sort of do not like to demonstrate they are on sves.

is rtr more "prestige" brand?
Yes like @Nagare said, both flow formed. SVE has the “knock off reputation” due to making copies of the factory wheels. I did try and put my PP1 center caps in but it didn’t feel like they were going to go without breaking so I left the SVE centers on. I personal don’t care what others think about my wheels. BUT I’ve always been a “real wheel” brand whore until the mustang. My problem is finding a wheel I really really like. I loved the P51 wheel, also love the HRE FF04. But my goal is to pick up some Signature wheels as they are true forged wheels. Before I’ve had Gramlights, Volk, Advan, OZ Racing. I bought the RTR because of the price, same with the SVE, I’ll sell the RTR for a little more then I paid for the SVE.

TL;DR buy what ever design you like best.

Sponsored

OP
OP
accel

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Yes like @Nagare said, both flow formed. SVE has the “knock off reputation” due to making copies of the factory wheels. I did try and put my PP1 center caps in but it didn’t feel like they were going to go without breaking so I left the SVE centers on. I personal don’t care what others think about my wheels. BUT I’ve always been a “real wheel” brand whore until the mustang. My problem is finding a wheel I really really like. I loved the P51 wheel, also love the HRE FF04. But my goal is to pick up some Signature wheels as they are true forged wheels. Before I’ve had Gramlights, Volk, Advan, OZ Racing. I bought the RTR because of the price, same with the SVE, I’ll sell the RTR for a little more then I paid for the SVE.

TL;DR buy what ever design you like best.
rtr tech 7 19x9.5 weight 23 lbs
sve r357 19x10 weight 23.12

r357 look classier so long term might be benefitial (for me) from this point of view, less chances of them being stolen as well, plus 10" width would provide better grip.

.12 weigh penalty is compensated by .5 extra width.

Very close competitors.

I guess I will just see who offers better july 4 deal

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
If u search around on the lmr website there is a 6% discount code. It works with sale items too, used it on my drifts recently. For what it's worth I think the r357's look better than the rtr wheel. Also I prefer to pick out my own tires and no use the cheapo ones offered in packages. You care about weight, rubber should even more important. Just my 2 cents

OP
OP
accel

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
If u search around on the lmr website there is a 6% discount code. It works with sale items too, used it on my drifts recently. For what it's worth I think the r357's look better than the rtr wheel. Also I prefer to pick out my own tires and no use the cheapo ones offered in packages. You care about weight, rubber should even more important. Just my 2 cents
I agree, r357s are more attractive.

lmr just announced july 4 sales, which in terms of r357 is a "no sale" sale. I could've bought them for less yesterday.

yesterday they were on 10% off and I could apply another coupon I had on top of it.

today they cancelled 10% off everyday price and gave 10% off juky 4th which I cannot apply another coupon on top.

Memorial day sales were better.

Well, next time.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I agree, r357s are more attractive.

lmr just announced july 4 sales, which in terms of r357 is a "no sale" sale. I could've bought them for less yesterday.

yesterday they were on 10% off and I could apply another coupon I had on top of it.

today they cancelled 10% off everyday price and gave 10% off juky 4th which I cannot apply another coupon on top.

Memorial day sales were better.

Well, next time.
I agree the memorial day sales were awesome. I took full advantage of it. Sorry your sale ended. Maybe labor day will be better
Sponsored