Sponsored

Official Resonator Delete Thread

FPCV8YO

Rode Hard & Put Away Wet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 350Z GT Roadster
anybody seen a price on the gt350r exhaust from the cats back? the full piece? I think its part no 5230 on fordparts.com, but thats 2200 to 2800 which seems pretty steep...
I think that [MENTION=6571]Bossing[/MENTION] had priced it.
Sponsored

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
anybody seen a price on the gt350r exhaust from the cats back? the full piece? I think its part no 5230 on fordparts.com, but thats 2200 to 2800 which seems pretty steep...
That's the right price. It's one single piece, half the length of the car, includes the X pipe, mufflers and electric actuators. Plus freight on all of that.

crazymayhem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB
thanks! thought so, wasnt 100% sure though. pretty steep price, was thinking it might be an alternative to aftermarket like magnaflow or cutting out the resonators. Not really at that price tag though

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
BTW I attended the Track Attack program and was running 110-115 with the windows down and didn't have objectionable buffeting. Maybe the helmet is what made the difference, dunno.
I only get the buffeting with the rear seats down AND the windows down. With the rear seats up, I don't have that problem. But put your rear seats down, then go above 60mph and the buffeting is intense. Rear seats down + windows rolled up = ungodly sounds in the cabin in the best way possible. Especially with the resonator delete.

cobra8u

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT350
Just cut them out and have a shop fab SS replacement pipes weld them in and done. Cost me 88 Bucks and 30 minutes......Steve
Has 12/22/16 already happened:headbonk: or is a back to the future car!:confused:

Sponsored

bentley1971

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby (White with DIB OTT Stripes) #1233
So, I just got back from getting my resonators deleted. All I can say is....WOW!!!! Everything that folks have been stating on here is so true. In normal mode, you can't tell the difference in the slightest. Put it in Sport mode and you'd think someone swapped out an entirely different car. It is a straight up beast!

Funny little story. When I pulled into the muffler shop, I had it in Sport mode. They guys at the shop heard it and couldn't believe I wanted to delete them. After a minute or two of talking back and forth they started on the job. About 30 minutes later, I heard it start up. The guy gives it a couple little nudges of the throttle and nothing...nada...not a peep of any sort of monster under the hood. I walk outside and the guy is looking at me like....WTF is wrong. Of course, I start to snicker. The other guys in the shop gather around and are standing behind it and have this look on their faces like...what the hell did we do wrong. I calmly walk up to the car and put it in sport mode. I then tell the guy...let it warm up for a minute or two and then you'll hear the difference. Sure enough about a minute later he gives it a couple quick hits on the throttle and everyone looks around like...holy shit...we poked the bear!

If there was ever a time for me to have my video out, that would have been it. It was beyond priceless!!!!

So, end of story....I love it and if anyone is on the fence about getting it done, I strongly recommend it. Again, in normal mode not a peep above what you currently have. Put it in sport mode, step on it and you'll hear every snap, crackle, and pop known to mankind. I pull out onto the freeway and you would have thought I stole a car from the NASCAR circuit....better than any orchestra I've ever heard.

I have a before and after video, but need to figure out how I can upload it. Total cost to get it done was $87.50. Well worth it :)

buggy whip

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford pinto, '16 GT350/OxFo/ Trac/Stripe delete
Anyone looking to delete the resonators from your exhaust system on your GT or GT350 & you live in or around Los Angeles ?

I have a 4' x 2 1/2" Stainless Steel tubing for sale. The same tubing used to replace the resonators in my car.
I bought a 8' length piece & only needed less than 4' of it to do the job. The muffler shop charged $50 to install.
Anyone interested, PM me.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
going to mad hatter in Columbus this Saturday to finally have mine done. Was going to do the long tube route but need to wait and see if I trade this in first.

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
went ahead and did it this afternoon, definitely a positive change. I hated the way the off road pipes sounded on the street but this is perfect. not obnoxious at all, pretty toned down during DD but really opens up under load. raspy is not the term I would use, but it is a cleaner, more focused direct sound. Both windows down flying down a country road perfection.

Mad Hatter was great, in and out in 30 min and they took the time to be sure it was right and tacked the heat shields back in just in case.

TORQUEJUNKY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Avalanche Gray Track Pack
went ahead and did it this afternoon, definitely a positive change. I hated the way the off road pipes sounded on the street but this is perfect. not obnoxious at all, pretty toned down during DD but really opens up under load. raspy is not the term I would use, but it is a cleaner, more focused direct sound. Both windows down flying down a country road perfection.

Mad Hatter was great, in and out in 30 min and they took the time to be sure it was right and tacked the heat shields back in just in case.[/

What didn't you like about the off road pipes?

Did you put your cats back on and removed the resonators?

Thanks,
Rob

Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
I'm on the fence about this. I don't think I need it but what is your opinion? After hearing his do you want to change yours?
I say if you are on the fence... stay up there and don't remove them. I'm glad I had mine removed, but sometimes I wish I hadn't.

Reactions: TDC

raiderjatt02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessie
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 - Track Pack; 1995 GT - Saleen Clone
Honestly, the only times I wish I hadn't are...never. I only wish there was a way to keep them in quiet mode no matter how much throttle you give it. I don't like how the flaps open up even in normal mode because I either want it quiet or loud but you can't keep it completely quiet. Even with the resonators in and in Sport mode its pretty damn loud but IMO it sounds so much better with them out. With and without resonators, Normal mode is about the same. I just love how raw it sounds in Sport mode without them.

Goofball

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 R
Honestly, the only times I wish I hadn't are...never. I only wish there was a way to keep them in quiet mode no matter how much throttle you give it. I don't like how the flaps open up even in normal mode because I either want it quiet or loud but you can't keep it completely quiet. Even with the resonators in and in Sport mode its pretty damn loud but IMO it sounds so much better with them out. With and without resonators, Normal mode is about the same. I just love how raw it sounds in Sport mode without them.
It's beautiful isn't it!? Yea I hear you though. You just have to shift at 2k and putt around if you want to go incognito.
Sponsored