Sponsored

Official GT350 Track Attack Attendance Thread

68Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang coupe, 2020 GT350 Iconic Silver
I'll be there for the May 11th session. Last email I received indicates the May 10th dinner reception is still a go.
Sponsored

Reactions: dps

TENTEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 350 GT R
Just finished the two day yesterday. Covid protocols in place in according with state mandates. But you are wearing baklava under your helmet when you are doing demo or instructional laps. Plenty of water, Powerade on hand in the class and in the garages. Between sessions there is plenty of space to stretch out to recap the previous laps and discuss. Class rooms are split into A and B for instruction and tables were per individual unless you had a guest and they sat next to their main attendees. All in all it was a great time. Just be ready for warmer weather and heed the caution about hydrating the days prior. I think all in all it was a great time and great instruction.
One key take away for me it to focus on the apex green cones and not the instructor in front. That will smooth out the process and speed up lap times.

Tex

Reactions: dps

Sponsored

dps

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition; 2021 GTS 4.0
I'll be there for the May 11th session. Last email I received indicates the May 10th dinner reception is still a go.
See you there!

TENTEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 350 GT R
Few more updates from last weeks experience.

Lodging & Dining

There are (3) additional hotels all in the same proximity of the Embassy Suites as suggested by the school. I am not sure if the pricing is comparable but one would suspected so.

They are Residence Inn by Marriott, Courtyard by Marriott, Homewood Suites by Hilton.

There is also (7) other hotels that are closer to Interstate 85 and also in walking distance to dining venues.

Secondly there is more enough dining options from fast food to sit down dining along the main street Brunton Smith Blvd/Concord Mills Blvd.

If you were to forget anything that you might need there is a Bass Pro and Academy and a entire Mills Mall on Brunton Smith Blvd/Concord Mills Blvd.

If you get there early you can walk around the building from the Storage Bays with the 350's and 500's and in the garage area as long as you are not under the lifts.

Everyone I encountered was nice and as helpful as possible and very accommodating.

Classroom & Driving

No need to bring water, food or snacks. There was always an abundance of water, Powerade and sodas in the class and water and Powerade on the track. There were even bins of snacks in the pits to grab between runs. There are restrooms at the classroom and in the pits so you have plenty of locations to make a quick stop on the way back to class or at the track.

If you require glasses or sunglasses to drive. Bring the least bulky glasses that you have on hand. I prefer to wear sunglasses all the time and make sure they have more bayonet style temples so they fit within the Balaclava and the helmet padding.

Lastly, Getting in and out of the vehicle. Make sure the door handle is within reach once you are buckled. Its pretty hard to close the door if your all buckled and can't reach the door. Also make sure you connect your communications cord before your strapped in and tightened. your can't turn to find it after the fact. The instructors will come an d help out with these if they see you struggling so don't worry.

That is all i can think about now. It was a great experience and left me wanting to come back.

Tex

68Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang coupe, 2020 GT350 Iconic Silver
Tex - and others
Are there any car specific items you suggest practicing or refreshing before Track Attack? Such as line lock? Launch control? etc.? Those are not features I use under normal driving conditions but rather not be caught off guard.

Thanks for the great info above!!

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
72 Mach 1, 72 F250 2wd, 18 GT350, 22 Bronco 2 Door
Tex - and others
Are there any car specific items you suggest practicing or refreshing before Track Attack? Such as line lock? Launch control? etc.? Those are not features I use under normal driving conditions but rather not be caught off guard.

GT500 track attack has a drag racing session. The GT350 class does not. You will go through each of the different modes, normal, sport, and track during a small slalom course to see how each of them feel. On the Roval, you will be in track mode all the time.

You will go down the drag stip, but that is for an exercise on braking.

TENTEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 350 GT R
Tex - and others

The best thing to have mastered is the heel toe for down shifting. If you have that and understanding of the green apex cones you will be fine. Iā€™m not a master of heel toe but use the outside of my foot to blip the throttle. Coming out of turn two doing 120 mph and getting hard on the brakes and bliping I found I need some real practice. You basically run the whole course in 3rd till you get to the high banks then you can get to 4th in the 350 and 5th in the GT. I hope this helps

Sponsored

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Tentex, thanks for all the info. For a novice like me, that is all good info to know. Looking foward to getting there early the day before, so hopefully I can look around the garage and take in the scenery(cars) and take some pictures.

TENTEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 350 GT R
Tentex, thanks for all the info. For a novice like me, that is all good info to know. Looking foward to getting there early the day before, so hopefully I can look around the garage and take in the scenery(cars) and take some pictures.
I showed up day early and got my bearings. I walked around the garages and talked to the techs. I was polite and wore my mask.

I may have even snuck in the track and watched the GT 500 session that took place for a few minutes. But itā€™s also possibly frowned upon.

squid678

Squid678
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT 350, 2020 Explorer ST, 2018 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
See you there!
I just got a phone call yesterday and I am filling in a cancellation for that day also!

TENTEX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 350 GT R
One more thing I forgot to mention on the second day session.

For some reason the GT's in 3rd and 4th if you stomp the skinny pedal to the floor the throttle will go dead at 4,000 RPM. Now if you use constant increased pressure all the way to the floor it will not go dead pedal on you. Only one of the instructors mention this to my group but I do know it was happening to several people.

Tex
Sponsored