Official GT350 Track Attack Attendance Thread

ExtantPuzzle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Yep, emailed back and forth with her until I got the chance to call, I'm officially rescheduled to the Aug 17-18 session.
Sponsored

I am Jeff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
FBO C63, Ram 1500 Ecodiesel, 18' LB GT350, 19' Performance Blue GT350R
I guess I got lucky. I called yesterday afternoon and was able to reschedule my April 12th to Aug 17-18. I didn't experience any hold or wait times. Keep calling until you get someone on the phone.

ShelBoss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, I did the work and put this into a Google Sheet. Please use it instead of creating massively long forum posts.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1L7y8Vt819TGjdQgxO-F4bRH-zAjRTZ2gmSytKz0hbzc/edit?usp=sharing
Thanks for this! I updated, adding 2018, 2019 & 2020 sheets, putting a title bar in all sheets indicating the track, racing park, city and state. And I inserted a comment to the date cell indicating the instructors.

I attended on March 20, 2020 in a very cool class of 8 drivers.

Looks like 2020 or 2021 will mark the end of the GT350 Track Attack.
4TR_3228.JPG

dive2deep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 King Ranch Diesel for towing, 2020 GT350 Heritage Edition for going fast, Honda Clarity PHEV for commuting.
Does anyone know if I can get on the calendar now if I haven't yet received my invite from Ford? I purchased my car out of state during the middle of the epidemic, and I have not been able to register/title the car in my state since the MVA is closed (I did get the certificate of origin from the dealer). Looks like it will be a while before Ford knows who bought this fine automobile, and I wanted to get on the calendar before this whole track attack gets cancelled with the end of these cars.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
Does anyone know if I can get on the calendar now if I haven't yet received my invite from Ford? I purchased my car out of state during the middle of the epidemic, and I have not been able to register/title the car in my state since the MVA is closed (I did get the certificate of origin from the dealer). Looks like it will be a while before Ford knows who bought this fine automobile, and I wanted to get on the calendar before this whole track attack gets cancelled with the end of these cars.
As long as you have the VIN you should be able to register. Recommend giving them a call.

Sponsored

ExtantPuzzle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Yep, I called the school the day after I purchased mine -- provided the VIN and that was enough. There's no way any of the paperwork had made it through the system yet, but they allowed it.

dive2deep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 King Ranch Diesel for towing, 2020 GT350 Heritage Edition for going fast, Honda Clarity PHEV for commuting.
Thanks guys. Calling them tomorrow in that case. Can't wait to get to see what this car can actually do. There are no tracks close to me without driving 2 hrs to get there, so this is likely to be the first time I drive a 350 on the track.

Love the car, and I'm going love this event.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
I got an unexpected call for the school today (after i sent an email asking them what I need to do to reschedule a few weeks back). It was nice of them to follow up. Got on the schedule for the end of August.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
Thanks for this! I updated, adding 2018, 2019 & 2020 sheets, putting a title bar in all sheets indicating the track, racing park, city and state. And I inserted a comment to the date cell indicating the instructors.

I attended on March 20, 2020 in a very cool class of 8 drivers.

Looks like 2020 or 2021 will mark the end of the GT350 Track Attack.
4TR_3228.JPG
Is that you in the front middle? I’m in the back left. Great class! I’m finally editing a video of the entire experience to share with everyone whose curious about track attack. I’ll post it on here tomorrow when complete.

Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
GREAT VIDEO Jon........ just great!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Thanks, Thanks...!!!

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
GREAT VIDEO Jon........ just great!!!!!!!!!

Thanks, Thanks, Thanks...!!!
I’m glad you enjoyed it. I watched every video available online before going to track attack but unfortunately I didn’t really know what to expect. Hopefully this helps the next wave of people going.

Definitely a great experience!

Gearz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I was there for the 2-day right before you. In fact I'm sure I'm in one of those GT's you saw from the plane. You're right that the 2nd day does cost a lot but unlike a regular track day at home you get instruction at the school and the GTs are not stock. They have the FP intakes and exhausts so they sound incredible, they have good torque, and if you pay for the Cup2's they put the GT350 wheels and tires on them (worth it in my opinion). They also have the FP springs, swaybars and full roll cages. The 2nd day has less lead/follow and more open sessions with point-by passing. It's much more like going to a Barber/Bondurant school than a track day. Great video! You did a great job of capturing the first day experience.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I was there for the 2-day right before you. In fact I'm sure I'm in one of those GT's you saw from the plane. You're right that the 2nd day does cost a lot but unlike a regular track day at home you get instruction at the school and the GTs are not stock. They have the FP intakes and exhausts so they sound incredible, they have good torque, and if you pay for the Cup2's they put the GT350 wheels and tires on them (worth it in my opinion). They also have the FP springs, swaybars and full roll cages. The 2nd day has less lead/follow and more open sessions with point-by passing. It's much more like going to a Barber/Bondurant school than a track day. Great video! You did a great job of capturing the first day experience.
Oh nice! Glad I was able to get you guys in that shot. I guess you were in class with my buddy Allen then. He told me he didn't pay for the ~$500 tire upgrade, but he wishes he did. He told me he noticed a big performance difference in the GT's and GT350s. . . but it's definitely a subjective thing.

Theres definitely plus's and minuses to paying them $2k for an additional day. The biggest plus being you're putting a track day worth of wear & tear on someone else's car. Second thats an absolute killer track and the instructors are top notch. Around me, you can run with PCCA or 10/10'ths for $350/day or $500/2 days, and that includes 2.5 hrs of on track time each day with an instructor in the car (if you want an instructor that is.) To each their own I suppose. If I had the option of a second day, which I didn't, I would have had to think about long and hard.

drummerboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350
Heres a video I made of my track attack experience on March 20, for all of those who want to know what to expect:
Thanks a ton for the video!

The 2nd day has less lead/follow and more open sessions with point-by passing. It's much more like going to a Barber/Bondurant school than a track day.
Thanks, could you elaborate a bit more on what Day1 vs Day2 sessions are like? I think it was apparent from the various YouTube videos from Utah, but it appears to me that it may be a bit more of a controlled Day1 at Charlotte due to the higher speed potential + walls.
Sponsored