Sponsored

Official GT350 Track Attack Attendance Thread

kartguy898

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 / 2016 F150 FX4
Some pictures from the first weekend are on the FP Racing School facebook page.

I see some cars with cameras on the roof/windshield - are we able to bring our own GoPro/Virb with mount?
Sponsored

tuckerware

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Lightning Blue on the way
Some pictures from the first weekend are on the FP Racing School facebook page.

I see some cars with cameras on the roof/windshield - are we able to bring our own GoPro/Virb with mount?
Short answer is yes.

You don't have much time to mount equipment so as soon as you get a free moment in the pit garage get to work. The day is jam packed so you will only have short windows of time to change mounting locations, etc.

Secondtime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350dib tech
I just did April 10/11 and had a blast I was very lucky in that we only had 5 total poeple in our class .Also got very lucky as ford had a gt40 there doing some testing didn't see it run but was able to look at the car before it was loaded on truck .Car sounds awesome I have some great pictures of it and will post shortly.

ElAntonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 (Grabber Blue, Electronics)
Just got back from the Apr 13th session and what a freaking blast. I've done the Boss version and I can say, beyond all doubt, that the 350 is a much faster car. Easy track for me. I tried to make it a personal goal to find enough exit speed to find fourth gear on the front straight, but just couldn't do it. Was just kissing the limiter right as I hit the braking point. To be fair, the instructor was finding it but he said he was short shifting it to manage the heat a bit.

[MENTION=25497]rotisserie_gold[/MENTION] had the guest car and I gotta say, that thing doesn't give up much speed vs the 350 (modded with a suspension, track alignment, big brake kit, exhaust, cage, and tune).

Sponsored

kartguy898

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 / 2016 F150 FX4
Is it a total tool move if I bring my own helmet, hans, driving shoes and gloves to the school?
I'm planning on helmet, gloves and shoes.. tool or not, I like my own equipment.

Honus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT350 Tech
A few guys brought their own helmet and hans. They may have to double check whether or not they'd be usable. A couple other people brought their own helmets and they were not HANS compatible so they couldn't use them for the second day.

If you're doing the second day the gloves are helpful and the shoes are just necessary IMO.

tuckerware

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R Lightning Blue on the way
Just got back from the Apr 13th session and what a freaking blast. I've done the Boss version and I can say, beyond all doubt, that the 350 is a much faster car. Easy track for me. I tried to make it a personal goal to find enough exit speed to find fourth gear on the front straight, but just couldn't do it. Was just kissing the limiter right as I hit the braking point. To be fair, the instructor was finding it but he said he was short shifting it to manage the heat a bit.
I shifted once, screwed up turn 1 trying to downshift properly, and gave up on shifting. I'd have to be a much better driver to hit the top of 3rd soon enough to make shifting worth it. By the time I approached the rev limiter I would have to brake a couple seconds later anyway.

Really loved that track though - especially the attitudes.

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
Attitudes were my favorite as well. Got crossed up and into the rumbles late in the day. Luckily no one saw me.:ninja:
I went last year about this time and love reading you guy's experiences. One of the most fun days I've had.

Jmk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
16 gt350
Just wrapped up April 18th track atack event. Great program. I kind of wish I bought second day. Never done anything like this before but I am definetly hooked.

Sponsored

VOODOO 6G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350

[MENTION=25497]rotisserie_gold[/MENTION] had the guest car and I gotta say, that thing doesn't give up much speed vs the 350 (modded with a suspension, track alignment, big brake kit, exhaust, cage, and tune).
They told us we would only need 3rd gear. Not bragging but I was keeping enough speed that I had to shift into 4th by the middle of both strait aways. Entering the front strait I was almost rubbing the mirror on the wall. When the instructor rode along with me he told me I was hitting the lines perfectly except on the double apex, that one just kept screwing with me. Man I want to do that again. I'm adding the Track Pack transmission and coolers to my car so I can track it some but it will never be as much fun as beating on someone else's car!

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Just wrapped up April 18th track atack event. Great program. I kind of wish I bought second day. Never done anything like this before but I am definetly hooked.
Nice to meet you out there! It was a blast and I agree, I wish I would've done the second day as well. I had time constraints to just get this in and didn't wan't to waste it.

I'm thinking of just paying for the two day school with the Boss 302 upgrade and do it next year when I have more time.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
They told us we would only need 3rd gear. Not bragging but I was keeping enough speed that I had to shift into 4th by the middle of both strait aways. Entering the front strait I was almost rubbing the mirror on the wall. When the instructor rode along with me he told me I was hitting the lines perfectly except on the double apex, that one just kept screwing with me. Man I want to do that again. I'm adding the Track Pack transmission and coolers to my car so I can track it some but it will never be as much fun as beating on someone else's car!
Nice, I couldn't quite get there. I would come very close to the limiter in 3rd on the front straight and if I hit the corners right on the back straight.

Next time I will get into 4th. :D

Siggy550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Enjoyed meeting you all at the 4/18 day! What fun! I almost hit rev limiter on back straight once, but also almost went off track that time. 3rd gear for me all the way. Hot lap was awesome and really shows what that car can do.
Sponsored