Sponsored

Official: Ford Reveals the Shelby GT350R Mustang!

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase

Kodyray72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 SBY Boss 302

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Probably saving it for Geneva

They still have Chicago and New York to unveil things here, too.

Of course there is also Portland, but no one unveils things at Portland. Hell if there is a GT350 there I will be flabberghasted.

Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
Holy cow! Ford really nailed it on this show.

The GT350R looks as great as the GT350, and has some fantastic additional capability. I will be going with the regular GT350 because I want the rear seats, but both those cars are so great looking.

The Raptor makes the F150 look like it should have in the first place, and it is great to hear about the updated capability.

The Focus and Fiesta ST are great cars, and they still have the Focus RS coming.

And the new GT! I'm amazed they could keep it so well hidden. Maybe they haven't done much testing on it yet, so it hasn't been out in the open, but damn does it look fantastic. I love the classic lines of the 2005 GT, and while this one loses some elegance, it gains a sense of aggression and purpose that the old car lacked (due to its retro look). Love how the teardrop passenger compartment wraps tightly around the engine bay, with the airfoils connecting the wheel wells to the roof. Really looks like a combination of minimal size with maximum stiffness, pulled off really well. I've seen other attempts at this type of aero before, but this is the first time I really love the way it looks.

I do kinda wish it also had the Voodoo engine (maybe with a S/C), but the Ecoboost @ 600 HP is still going to be insane. I can also grudgingly accept the DCT (a car that great looking will make me forgive many things).

Great job Ford!

-T

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Holy cow! Ford really nailed it on this show.

The GT350R looks as great as the GT350, and has some fantastic additional capability. I will be going with the regular GT350 because I want the rear seats, but both those cars are so great looking.

The Raptor makes the F150 look like it should have in the first place, and it is great to hear about the updated capability.

The Focus and Fiesta ST are great cars, and they still have the Focus RS coming.

And the new GT! I'm amazed they could keep it so well hidden. Maybe they haven't done much testing on it yet, so it hasn't been out in the open, but damn does it look fantastic. I love the classic lines of the 2005 GT, and while this one loses some elegance, it gains a sense of aggression and purpose that the old car lacked (due to its retro look). Love how the teardrop passenger compartment wraps tightly around the engine bay, with the airfoils connecting the wheel wells to the roof. Really looks like a combination of minimal size with maximum stiffness, pulled off really well. I've seen other attempts at this type of aero before, but this is the first time I really love the way it looks.

I do kinda wish it also had the Voodoo engine (maybe with a S/C), but the Ecoboost @ 600 HP is still going to be insane. I can also grudgingly accept the DCT (a car that great looking will make me forgive many things).

Great job Ford!

-T

My guess is the "bones and guts" of the new GT have been riding around in racecar skin for about a year now

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
I'm glad to see this car revived, and I'm sure it's going to be brilliant, but... I'm not at all a fan of that body kit or those wheels. I think actually both the "regular" GT350 and even just a Mustang GT PP looks better. I hope they re-think that look, but that's just me...

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
I'm glad to see this car revived, and I'm sure it's going to be brilliant, but... I'm not at all a fan of that body kit or those wheels. I think actually both the "regular" GT350 and even just a Mustang GT PP looks better. I hope they re-think that look, but that's just me...
Body kit? I'm pretty sure the only differences are the wing on the back and the wheels.

Sponsored

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4

I just noticed that there are what appears to be butt grooves in the back. Are you supposed to be able to still use the back for seating in a pinch? I figured they would just completely strip out the back seats.

Body kit? I'm pretty sure the only differences are the wing on the back and the wheels.
You probably got me there. Body kit is the wrong term. I did think there was a different front lip/spoiler, but on closer inspection, it doesn't look very different... Even the side skirts look the same. Maybe it's just the wheels and the rear wing that are messing it up for me, but something looks off about the front that I can't put my finger on. I'm definitely not a fan of the wing, though. It's not just that I don't like wings -- I think they can look good. But I don't like this wing at all.

I don't mean to say that it's a bad looking car, but it's not at all the step up from the regular GT350 that I would hope for.

opensesame

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford Ecobeast with PP

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

I just noticed that there are what appears to be butt grooves in the back. Are you supposed to be able to still use the back for seating in a pinch? I figured they would just completely strip out the back seats.

You probably got me there. Body kit is the wrong term. I did think there was a different front lip/spoiler, but on closer inspection, it doesn't look very different... Even the side skirts look the same. Maybe it's just the wheels and the rear wing that are messing it up for me, but something looks off about the front that I can't put my finger on. I'm definitely not a fan of the wing, though. It's not just that I don't like wings -- I think they can look good. But I don't like this wing at all.

I don't mean to say that it's a bad looking car, but it's not at all the step up from the regular GT350 that I would hope for.

According to everyone at Ford responsible for the GT350, their philosophy on the car was 100% Form<Function. No disrespect intended, but the look of the car was not on their minds when they were building this car to be as fast as it is. I too think the regular GT350 looks a lot better and is the car I would buy(will buy if I sell my '67 Fastback).

DiPsTiCk

CrAzY dRiVeR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Mustang/64 Falcon Deluxe Station Wagon
The blue with the BLACK stripes looks way, way, way better then the white version with the blue stripes. In... MHO, of course...
Sponsored