Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Press release about the existing cars that features a photo of the 2018. Lulz.
Sponsored

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
While no doubt the mustang has more 'enthusiasts' than most vehicles, I highly doubt enthusiasts make up the bulk of mustang sales.

This is why the point ' the average person won't notice the difference' is relevant - if I were a betting man, I'd put dollars to donuts that it is the average person is who is buying the majority of mustangs. They simply are not going to care enough (assuming they even notice) that the front end has changed to say 'I'm not buying this'.

Of course, all this is speculation on my part.

Good points. Ford will get their sales regardless of what I think.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Oldie but goodie...

[ame="[MEDIA=youtube]3XwsY-BQQ6s[/MEDIA]"]

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
From the first time I saw photos of the '15 loved it, looks even better in real life. Hats off to Ford on a great job on the '15. Even though the '05 looked great, the '15 took the styling a step further.

Sponsored

traxiii

Mustang is my middle name
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Thunderbird F150 & '22 Mach 1 on order.
OK, here's one to ponder. The new Aluminator 5.2L N/A crate engine pumps out 580HP out of the box.

The guys at SnapOn and Factory Five put one in their newest Gen.3 Type 65 Coupe-R and here is the link:http://www.factoryfive.com/galleries/type-65-coupe/gen-3-type-65-coupe-r/?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Factory%20Five%20Racing,%20Inc.&utm_content=May-June-2017-Shows

Go to the "build link" on that page to check out the new 5.2L and the assembly of an awesome car. (seen below)

Last edited:

azsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Raptor
Back to horsepower for a minute, this ought to be the benchmark.

From Motortrend:
2018 Lexus LC 500. quad-cam 5.0-liter V-8, 471 horsepower at 7,100 rpm.

multimode exhaust. low-mass reciprocating parts such as forged connecting rods and titanium intake and exhaust valves. The cylinder heads are equipped with variable valve-timing and, depending on conditions, fuel is injected either directly into the cylinders—allowing for a high compression ratio (12.3:1)—or into the intake ports to enhance low-end response.
Thats a $100K car. Not sure itshould be the benchmark, but it should be close considering this motors basic architecture isn't rocket science for Ford.

azsnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Raptor
OK, here's one to ponder. The new Aluminator 5.2L N/A crate engine pumps out 580HP out of the box.

The guys at SnapOn and Factory Five put one in their newest Gen.3 Type 65 Coupe-R and here is the link:http://www.factoryfive.com/galleries/type-65-coupe/gen-3-type-65-coupe-r/?utm_source=iContact&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Factory%20Five%20Racing,%20Inc.&utm_content=May-June-2017-Shows

Go to the "build link" on that page to check out the new 5.2L and the assembly of an awesome car. (seen below)
I get so aroused when looking at a Daytona Coupe....one of the most sexy cars ever made IMHO.

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Thats a $100K car. Not sure itshould be the benchmark, but it should be close considering this motors basic architecture isn't rocket science for Ford.
You realize that the Mustang is going to be at a bare minimum within a small tune of those power numbers if not better, and will be available for less than half that much. If you want a fancy suede interior and such, you should have plenty of cash left over and then some to have it installed custom.

My_Coyote

Howl'n in the Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

The guys at SnapOn and Factory Five put one in their newest Gen.3 Type 65 Coupe-R and here is the link:http://www.factoryfive.com/gallerie... Racing, Inc.&utm_content=May-June-2017-Shows

How many passes before engine tear down? Clearly this car is not streetable

Sponsored

traxiii

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
How many passes before engine tear down? Clearly this car is not streetable
It is totally streetable. The non-R model is sold specifically for the street. People use them as daily drivers all the time. The R model is a trackable car that can be driven on the street. I would assume that the 5.2L Aluminator would run as long and well as the original 5.0L versions.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Edit. Reading fail on my part.

Brandon1017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Competition Orange
You average person on the road will never notice the differences, you guys here will of course because thats all you do.
Comments like this make zero sense at all. Your average person on the road is not the same person that's a potential consumer of the car. The average person on the road views a vehicle specifically as a mode of transportation - nothing more, nothing less. The average person on the road also probably does not know the difference (looks wise or performance wise) between a v6 and a gt, so how would they know or even pay attention enough to notice the change?

Of course people here will voice their opinions because we are mustang enthusiasts. We are actually the people that not only have the means to purchase the 2018, but were most likely the ones interested in purchasing it. Judging by the cars you own that are listed in your description, I wouldn't expect you to care because it doesn't say you own a gt. It seems that the majority of people that come on here and say that "it is not that bad or it's not a huge change" were never potential buyers in the first place...imagine how that works :shrug:

If Ford didn't make all of the engine upgrades, there would be a huge segment of people that would not be interested in the car period! The people that still want to buy it are willing to sacrifice looks for performance. Back end looks great and I like the new gauges, but the front looks awful!

mustanggoblue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
^^^^ I couldn't agree more with 1017. I love my Mustang and I'm a previous Mopar 5.7/6.4 owner. I came over because of the styling and performance that this car offers for the price, which is pretty much unbeatable. In saying that; living in FL people think I'm ridiculous for owning a Mustang. Why would I ever buy that or what a waste of money but those are the people who are the "average person". I buy it because I thoroughly enjoy driving it. The person (true statement) who thought the horse on the back of the Mustang was a Ferrari are of course the people who can't tell the difference in the front end.

Mustang6g people can tell and are on this thread to voice that, so I don't consider anyone on here the average person nor on any other mustang forum. Front end doesn't look good in my opinion or many others. The 18 offers some great features, but since I saw this in person, if the 18 was out when I purchased my Mustang...I probably would have stayed with my Challenger. I'm happy it wasn't though because yes I'm in love, oh and the front end is higher.

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Comments like this make zero sense at all. Your average person on the road is not the same person that's a potential consumer of the car. The average person on the road views a vehicle specifically as a mode of transportation - nothing more, nothing less. The average person on the road also probably does not know the difference (looks wise or performance wise) between a v6 and a gt, so how would they know or even pay attention enough to notice the change?

Of course people here will voice their opinions because we are mustang enthusiasts. We are actually the people that not only have the means to purchase the 2018, but were most likely the ones interested in purchasing it. Judging by the cars you own that are listed in your description, I wouldn't expect you to care because it doesn't say you own a gt. It seems that the majority of people that come on here and say that "it is not that bad or it's not a huge change" were never potential buyers in the first place...imagine how that works :shrug:

If Ford didn't make all of the engine upgrades, there would be a huge segment of people that would not be interested in the car period! The people that still want to buy it are willing to sacrifice looks for performance. Back end looks great and I like the new gauges, but the front looks awful!
It does make a lot of sense, because for one thing the average Mustang buyer is a lot closer to the average Joe than to someone on this forum. The vast majority of 15-17 owners don't know it's a 6th G, let alone that this website even exists.

I totally get that people prefer the 15-17 front over the 18 (I'm not sold on it myself). But what I don't get is the hyperbole. It's not different enough to warrant "awful" unless you already think the 15-17 is pretty bad. It is far less "different" than the 5th and 6th gen Camaro and there were plenty of complaints that the 6th was not different enough for the masses to even notice.
Sponsored