Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I know a lot of the bashing is just a sign of the times and people in general today on the internet stating their "opinion" , but let me ask you this:

Would you go up to an owner of a new "18 Mustang at say a cars and coffee and state "This new refresh is FUGLY" or "They really ruined the look of the Mustang" "it's a fact that this new car is ugly"
NO I wouldn't,I just ignore any Mustang in the S550 category and say nothing,weather on the street,parking lots,car shows.I just plain ignore them.:mad:

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Maybe someone can start a separate thread exclusively for debate about whether you like or hate the 2018 so that this thread is just about 2018 info, pics etc. It's frustrating to read pages upon pages of back and forth opinion when all your looking for is 2018 info.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Maybe someone can start a separate thread exclusively for debate about whether you like or hate the 2018 so that this thread is just about 2018 info, pics etc. It's frustrating to read pages upon pages of back and forth opinion when all your looking for is 2018 info.

It seems like there is already eleventeen threads on the '18 looks.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels

Sponsored

JonEcoyote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
2011,13 Mustang GTs
Any power rating yet? LOL

KrisHorton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Explorer Sport
I just finished another render of the widebody '18 I designed and thought I'd post it up. I know it's pretty out there, but thought some of you guys might dig it. I'll have to do some renders of a stock-bodied one too! Any color requests?
Widebody2018Mustang2_small.jpg

Blue Horse

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I just finished another render of the widebody '18 I designed and thought I'd post it up. I know it's pretty out there, but thought some of you guys might dig it. I'll have to do some renders of a stock-bodied one too! Any color requests?
Another lipstick on a pig photo !

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Power Ratings from Ford's 2018 Mustang

Any power rating yet? LOL
ITS TOP SECRET !!

& NO LEAKS - FORD SHOULD BE IN CHARGE OF OUR NATIONS SECRETS

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sponsored

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Great work! Looks killer.

Brandon1017

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Competition Orange
I know a lot of the bashing is just a sign of the times and people in general today on the internet stating their "opinion" , but let me ask you this:

Would you go up to an owner of a new "18 Mustang at say a cars and coffee and state "This new refresh is FUGLY" or "They really ruined the look of the Mustang" "it's a fact that this new car is ugly" or "do you honestly think it is better looking than last years model?"

Maybe just a nod and say nice Mustang...enjoy your new ride?
Might be I was just raised differently.

Sounds like sour grapes to me.
Would I go up to someone at cars and coffee and tell them their cars fugly? Nope, but I'm actually the type of person that votes with my wallet. Might I point out to you that I visit cars and coffee as well as other mustang shows and the overwhelming majority of people at those shows that's I've met have said that they don't like the look of the front end, so you can take that however you see fit. I could also care less about people that buy this car...that's their own prerogative. I explicitly stated in my comments earlier that I would be lining up to buy the 2018 if it looked like the render that ace posted but sadly it doesn't. So I don't see how I'm a hater or have sour grapes:shrug:!

You're going to see a ton of aftermarket bumpers that will fix what I think is wrong with the car and you will see how many people on this forum opt for those options when they come out. I'm not an apologists, I'm a realist and I'm not just going to settle for a 2018 just because people on this forum think I'm bitching and I sure as hell will not just go out and buy the car because it has a mustang badge on it. To each their own with this car, but once again a lot of you people on this forum would not be interested in the 2018 if it wasn't for the engine upgrades, quad tip active exhausts options, digital gauges, and magneride suspension.

I hear a lot of people on this forum saying "it's not that bad" "I don't love it but I don't hate it" "Im not a huge fan, I'm indifferent to It, but I like everything else". Is that honestly what you want to settle for with the 2018? To me, The lines of the front of the hood where it meets the lights is completely off compared to the 2015-2017. The lights by themselves look more aggressive, but dont flow with the lines of the car in my honest opinion especially when you compare it the how seamless the lines matched up on the 2015-2017. The front bumper looks smooshed down as they lowered the hood, but assumingly kept the overall specs of the height of the bumper. This makes the front bumper appear to sit higher and at more of an angle than the 2015-2017 even though it probably isn't. Again, I wanted to love this car and like it, but for me I could look at pictures of this car and see it in person everyday for the rest of my life and still wouldn't think the front looks good.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Prob already mentioned but I like that GM and ford worked together on the 10 speed. Guess Chevy put it in the ZL1 so that tells you were good up to 650hp /650ftlbs. Never considered and auto but after the mt82 there's a first.

I stand corrected, looks like Chevy beefed up their 10 speed specifically for the ZL1.

Last edited:

PeterPerfect

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z3 2.8
Thanks Vernichtung for posting this picture. The problem with the 2015 design is the fog lights. The design of the plastic around them is really annoying and messy. New technology has allowed Ford to remove the round lights and give a much cleaner, meaner front.
See here...

Here are some other reasonably priced sports cars that make our Mustang look like a prince among frogs...

Last edited:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Thanks Vernichtung for posting this picture. The problem with the 2015 design is the fog lights. The design of the plastic around them is really annoying and messy. New technology has allowed Ford to remove the round lights and give a much cleaner, meaner front.
Round is still the optimum shape for directing light coming from what's basically a point source . . . where function is the concern (and should be here), aesthetic preferences do not trump physics, and the availability of "new technology" doesn't change that.

Norm
Sponsored