Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Vinny_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang GT PP
The amount of "retrofitting" talk in this thread is outrageous. How many people retrofitted their early SN95 with New edge parts? or an 05-09 S197 with 10-14 parts? If you really want one of the big mechanical/electrical components on the 18 S550, you should buy a 2018. Pretty simple.
Sponsored

AMChief5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chief
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black GT Premium w/ PP
If it won't hit showrooms until Fall, does that generally mean order banks won't open until Fall also?

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Yea I wasn't impressed yesterday with the reveal but the better pictures and colors I may bite. I have to see it in person and test drive a PP GT in 10 speed auto and manual. I don't care for my mt-82 right now. My car should be just about paid off by the time the 18's are rolling out.

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
The amount of "retrofitting" talk in this thread is outrageous. How many people retrofitted their early SN95 with New edge parts? or an 05-09 S197 with 10-14 parts? If you really want one of the big mechanical/electrical components on the 18 S550, you should buy a 2018. Pretty simple.
You clearly have not seen what I have been up to on the forums.... If people want to do this to their vehicle then what does it matter? It is a way of customizing the vehicle to your own preferences. Some of us do not want to go out and spend $40,000+ to get the features we want with alot of excess baggage due to the "packages" required to get those features.

Sponsored

SStormtrooPer

Dark Side
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Single Turbo GenII Coyote Swapped '92 SSP
On the other hand, the amount of shit talking towards people who want to retrofit is outrageous.

Why the hell are people so upset that guys want to make new parts work on their older car? Its called MODDING for a reason. We can't all like the same stuff. I'm already looking for a way to put a 10spd in my Fox...

Are you that upset that people don't like the front of the 2018?

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
it's still the s550. s650 is 2020
*fixed*

More cracks and "backfire" sounds now? I'm assuming it is done artificially. :shrug:
DEF artificial, ford placed speakers on the outside of the car to give the illusion of pops and burbles.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The only thing I'd think to try (because the sheetmetal is unchanged, thus possible) is full rear bumper swap to get the quad tip valence.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
The exhaust doesnt sound too bad.

Was that even with the dual mode in the loud setting? Exhaust is only coming out one exhaust tip, and the other tip looks closed. Wonder if that was the "quiet" mode?

BGM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang V6
As a northeasterner, I guess my only disappointment is that it won't be available until the fall. Between my job and the weather, it will be almost 16-18 months before I could truly enjoy it. I was hoping I could get one NLT July.

Vinny_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang GT PP
The only thing I'd think to try (because the sheetmetal is unchanged, thus possible) is full rear bumper swap to get the quad tip valence.
Agreed, my post was more aimed at the people who just nonchalantly talk about "swapping in" a 10 speed auto.

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
If it won't hit showrooms until Fall, does that generally mean order banks won't open until Fall also?
I'd like to know this as well. Giving my 06 GT to my daughter once I get an 18, but we thought it would be summer at the latest. When can we factory order an 18 if they hit showrooms in the fall?

BTW - the parentheses taillights in your sig pic are more accurate now.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Seems like they've finally used soft touch material for the center console.

Hope Ford fixed the infamous 50-70 mph drivetrain vibration that some( read a lot ) of 15-16 owners experienced.
Sponsored