Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
The more I'm seein' it, the more I'm likin' it. The lower grille is about the only area I'm not wild about. I really like the profile view much better - it seems sleeker and more balanced to the rest of the car.
The profile is better because the hood line is lower...remove the hood bulge and you have the current GT350 profile. The lines just flow better now.

Only that MagRide is either standard or an option on one (or both)
Im guessing option on PP1 and standard on PP2.

Red one...what ya wanna see?
Are you there? If so ask them about the lower bumper and if all come with the ACC looking opening or if there are other options.

Just noticed this sketch. Here's the NON-ACC lower grill.

carguy1701

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion Titanium
A thought occurs with regard to the digital gauges. BMW has been doing a thing on M cars for the last several years where the tach will show a different, lower redline if the engine is cold. Is it possible that's what's going on here?

lwnslw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Starting to grow on me..... Last nite I was like NO WAY....these detailed pics look a lot better... Like the new dash and love the rear bumper with quads......

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
A thought occurs with regard to the digital gauges. BMW has been doing a thing on M cars for the last several years where the tach will show a different, lower redline if the engine is cold. Is it possible that's what's going on here?
Or it could be that we're seeing images of both automatic and manual cars, which have different redlines.

Sponsored

klineka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
That is a possibility, but I think most likely the reason is higher RPM with GT engine and lower redline with ecoboost engine.

One thing I wonder is since the digital gauges are an option, if they modified the analog gauges at all possibly to show the digital speedometer finally, or if they just kept it the same as '15-'17

Poisond281

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing exciting
Does the pope crap in the woods?
And here I thought I was the only person that used this line... Good to hear it makes it's rounds. :D

klineka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Or it could be that we're seeing images of both automatic and manual cars, which have different redlines.
What is the current difference on the 15-17 models? I thought the redline was the same since the engine is the same?

Less Weight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
GM put out a TSB for the C7 stating that it's impossible to retrofit that cars dual mode exhaust to vehicles that weren't equipped with it from the factory (something about calibration changes if memory serves). I suspect the same is true for the Camaro and will be true here. That said, I suspect the dual mode exhaust will be a popular option on the Mustang GT.
Damn, if it was possible, I would have done it in a heart beat. Oh well, can't win em' all.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
it looks like we can make it not ugly

Sponsored

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
  • Performance Package available on automatic and/or convertible Mustangs (no need to choose anymore)
I've seen this highlighted in a several places. Being able to get the Performance Package on a GT convertible is not new-for-2018. You can get it on a 2017 (and a 2016 if memory serves me) GT convertible.

What new-for-2018 is being able to get it on a GT with an automatic.

carguy1701

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion Titanium
Damn, if it was possible, I would have done it in a heart beat. Oh well, can't win em' all.
Like I said, I suspect the dual mode exhaust will be a popular option on the GT. Hell, it was so popular on the C7 that GM made it standard with the Z51 package for MY 2015. I wouldn't be surprised if the same holds true for PP Mustangs.

Real question is whether or not the dual mode system adds any power.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'll probably be over $42k in options by the time I spec a 2018 out. Wheels, gauges, skipping active exhaust since I'll go aftermarket.

Still waiting for more information on the manual transmission.

Dantir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
LB 2017 Mustang GT Premium, Performance Pack
Can somebody tell me where this pic was taken and when? it looks to me like Farmers market in LA...
16143572_10208223222077893_8054419298537598135_o.jpg