Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

carguy1701

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fusion Titanium
I can see how that would happen. The new 5.0 with 12:1 would benefit greatly from E-85. It will be interesting to see if the direct injection can handle the corn.
For what it's worth, none of the current dual injection engines from Toyota and Audi are rated for flex fuel use. Then again, they're all in luxury cars or sports cars (and the Tacoma). On the other side of the coin, GM's Gen V 5.3L truck V8 can be had with flex fuel capability, and I wouldn't be surprised if the F-150 version of the new 5.0 is rated for it.
I wonder if the active exhaust will be able to be purchased and fitted to the 15-17 models or if other componentry (electrical/ECU) also has to be modified for it to function.
GM put out a TSB for the C7 stating that it's impossible to retrofit that cars dual mode exhaust to vehicles that weren't equipped with it from the factory (something about calibration changes if memory serves). I suspect the same is true for the Camaro and will be true here. That said, I suspect the dual mode exhaust will be a popular option on the Mustang GT.
If you look at the interior of the recaro equiped car, its missing functional heated/cooled buttons in the center dash.
Unfortunate. I haven't had any complaints about the standard S550 seats the few times I've sat in them, so there's that.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Thelopez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
any info the manual upgrade hardware?

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
[MENTION=6364]Twin Turbo[/MENTION]

Are you happy today buddy. I know you've been dying for this. LOL.

And I think we owe a big thanks to [MENTION=6363]Topnotch[/MENTION] for keeping us updated with this busy as posts.
Based on his reaction to the Magnetic pics..I'd say he's pleased.

Indeed, thanks [MENTION=6363]Topnotch[/MENTION]!

Sorry.....got a little sidetracked (er, yeah, MORE than happy) :ford:

:love:

attachment.jpg

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
What pics do you want of the red one?......

Last edited:

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
Some new wheel options in case you missed it (first post updated).

19-inch-Luster-Nickel-Painted-Forged-Aluminum-Wheel-1.jpg

^^ 19" Luster Nickel-Painted Forged Aluminum Wheel

19-Ebony-Black-Painted-Aluminum-Wheel-4.jpg

^^ 19'' Ebony Black Painted Aluminum Wheel
This bottom one appears to have smoked headlights and turn signals, compare to above image.

Sponsored

earlingy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Performance Package
Dual mode exhaust? NEED.
Upgraded suspension? want.
Magnetorheological dampers? want.
Lane-keeping assist? Yeah, I'm lazy. I want it. It's great on road trips.
More wheel options? Yes please, I never liked the GT PP wheels anyway.
Lower hood? I kinda like the raised hood on my 16, but my wife says it gives her motion sickness.
Giant spoiler? Nope, good thing it's a removable option.
Digital gauges? I don't really care as long as they add the ability to display speed as a number and not a dial.
Heated steering wheel? I wouldn't option that out alone, but it probably comes with the rest of the tech options.
Upgraded clutch? My 16 GT PP shifts alright with a Steeda spring but ratios feel a bit too close for a V8 with the 3.73. I'd be more excited about a completely redesigned transmission.
10 speed auto? I'm a manual guy but my wife's VW has a dual clutch auto that shifts so fast and smooth, I might be swayed.
All that stuff is great. I start thinking about whether or not I could afford upgrading this soon after buying a new car... Then I see the front of the car. It's so hideous! I'd still want one if it were just the bumper, but those headlights are fugly.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
The more I'm seein' it, the more I'm likin' it. The lower grille is about the only area I'm not wild about. I really like the profile view much better - it seems sleeker and more balanced to the rest of the car.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Red one...what ya wanna see?

Sponsored

Gman

Gman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic Mustang
Looks a lot better in a diff color then that like orange in the rolling vids.

All digital guages I really like that

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
I'm guessing still no details on the PP1 and PP2

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Only wheels I don't care for that we've seen. They look like big versions of the 16-17 EB Pony Package wheels. In this size they look like truck wheels.

Thats cool bro, to each their own!! :D

MustangJoe84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 GT, 1998 GT Sport, 2003 Mach1, 2015 GT
Front end of the new car is growing on me. After seeing more detail though, I changed my mind and do not like the tall spoiler as it looks boy racer on this body style. Must see in person. However... PLEASE tell me I am seeing things and that the hood vents on the new car are NOT covered with plastic inserts! A small detail like this would totally KILL the look for me, as my 2015 vents are open. Would definitely NOT want the top of the grill gloss black and the bottom section matte, just seems odd.
Sponsored