Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Thanks for posting. Amazing how this effect allows you to see each and every detail :thumbsup:

Synyster06Gates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Adjusting for inflation, $30k in May 2005 dollars is $37k now. It's really not far off for the MUCH better finished product we get. With that said, my GT Premium w/ nav and the auto cost me $31,500 new.

ApollosWar89

Analyst
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cody
Vehicle(s)
In the Market
Adjusting for inflation, $30k in May 2005 dollars is $37k now. It's really not far off for the MUCH better finished product we get. With that said, my GT Premium w/ nav and the auto cost me $31,500 new.
And the reason for the prices being so similar could be due to fords poor margins on the products they sale. Management is struggling to keep their investors happy.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/ford-plans-to-slash-about-10-of-its-global-workforce-2017-05-15

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
You are talking pricing from 13 years ago and even so, you are getting a heck of a lot more car today, at the same price, in a base GT.

I'll one better you, back in '91 I could have gotten a brand new 5.0 lx for $13,000 cdn. Time moves on, stuff gets more expensive, you still pay taxes and are that much closer to death. So is life.
Yep, exactly. I bought an '04 GT in 2004 for about $21,000. I bought a '14 in '13 for about $36,000. Adjusting for inflation, that '04 would cost $29,000 today, and my quick list of things that came with '14 that weren't in the '04 that would probably make up the price difference are:

- Track apps
- My Color
- More air bags
- Automatic climate control
- Better impact safety
- Ford Sync w/touch screen (linking to phone, playing USB devices)
- HID headlights
- LED running and tail lights
- Auto headlights
- Built-in garage door opener
- Reverse sensors
- Navigation
- Recaro seats
- Better chassis
- Brembo brakes
- 3.73 differential
- 6-speed manual transmission
- 420 HP (vs. 260)

Some of those are pretty minor, and some may not actually add cost with the improvements in technology, but overall I think that's a lot more content.

Sponsored

fordmustangnerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Thanks for posting. Amazing how this effect allows you to see each and every detail :thumbsup:

I thought that was a 3d model at first and was hoping to get my hands on it for some renders but if thats just photoshop im still amazed. Ford Nailed the design on this refresh and i cant wait to see them out on the road.:headbang::headbang::headbang:

Holyfenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
You're letting Ford off too easy on this one. I don't think it is unrealistic to compare it to a BMW or Lexus. After all, a 3 series BMW is just a $25,000 car with a BMW badge, and a Lexus is a Toyota with an L on the front. And you don't need to go high-end, you can compare body panel fit to a $19,000 Civic or a $25000 Sonata or a $35000 Avalon. Body panels should fit...period.

I get it, the fit and finish is basically the same from a base V6 up through a GT350, but there is no reason in 2017 not to have near perfect fit and finish on cars in the $20K range. If it takes an extra $100 or even $1000 a car, take it out of the marketing budget. It will pay for itself in sales and service.
Ford's Mustang Motto - "Fast Affordable & Fun", well Fords got at least two out of three or maybe just one if you ask the guy in the Hellcat, Corvette or Camaro SS.
This may have been true back in the 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's but heck Mustangs have gained some weight (also some HP / TQ) and the price keeps going up.

I picked up a fully loaded Mustang GT Premium back in 2005 for 30k, that will get you a base GT these days. Ford isn't concerned about jacking the price now because the Mustang is a world wide sports car. Honestly I hope it does not go too far in terms of pricing - because before you know it we will be in corvette territory and thats why am not driving one of those animals. :lol:

P.S Just kidding about the corvette comment - always a Ford Fan.

:ford:
You guys are insane (I mean that in a loving way of course)

Lets compare what you get for a fully loaded GT and a BMW and Audi of similar Cost (Mercedes wouldn't get you much at all)

GTPremium at 45k: every techno package available. High end performance to the tune of 435 hp now and probably 460ish with the 2018's. Leather interior with Recaro seats if you want them. Premium wheels and tires. Good reliability

BMW 430i: Technology package and nicer rims with a 2.0l with 248hp with no other performance upgrades. Good fitment on all body parts. Sub par reliability with electronics.

Audi A5 Premium Plus: looks package and awd only and a 2.0l with 220 hp (lol with AWD). No extra packages without significantly increasing cost.

The Mustang GT hasn't been a $20k sports car since 1999 And the base since 2006. That is 18 and 11 years ago. Inflation is a thing.

On top of that, for GTRacerX complaining that he bought a premium GT in 05 for 30k and now its 15k more for a premium model GT, have you actually sat in your 05 and looked at the interior? Its garbage, my 1998 M3 has a nice interior. Same with all models up until the S550. Thats where they save the money because sports cars are more expensive to produce, lower production, very little profit per car, way more R&D. Its why American sports cars have always been so much cheaper than other countries.

Mustangs are far from perfect, but for the money you get a whole hell of a lot of car. Remember this is Ford, they aren't a luxury brand. Its direct competition are the Camaro, Challenger, and the 370z actually. Maybe the Hyundai Genesis v6 before they discontinued.

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10

I want one painted just like this.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
It's a 3d model, not just photoshop :)

The guy also did a GT500 3d rendering, but think it's a bit too much :D
17017051_1483018395044623_3538665626893327025_o.jpg

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

I want one painted just like this.
It actually made me wonder what a real car would look like with body-color grilles, and black just coming from the openings.

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
I think one thing that makes that 3d model look more aggressive is the lack of lenses over the headlight housing. The rendering does bring out the best of the 18 though. BTW, anyone wanting this look could obtain it for free by doing a few runs on the Bonneville Salt Flats haha.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
The 2018 F-150 official order guide was posted and two interesting things I noted. First, BLIS and rear cross traffic detection are separate from the auto-brake and adaptive cruise and not bundled together. Hoping the same goes for the Mustang.

Second is that the Guard color is making a comeback on the 2018 F-150s. Maybe this means Guard was left out on purpose on the Mustang so as to not overlap a Highland Green? :shrug: :ninja:

F-150 order guide for those that want to see it: https://www.f150forum.com/f118/2018-f150-order-guide-382822/

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I really like the 2017 F-150 design. I think that big chrome bar across the front was a step in the wrong direction like the super duties. Everything else though, 10-speed with the 5.0 in the F-150 is pretty awesome.
Sponsored