Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
[MENTION=16274]mvfjet[/MENTION] color, not yet. Leaning towards Ingot, Black or White. That orange fury is very intriguing to me. Not sure I can rock that color though...:D:lol:

I'm trying to figure out what wheels I want as that will also dictate what color I get.

My last S550 was fully loaded. My '18 will be the same. Premium GTPP, MagneRide, active exhaust, Recaro seats, digital dash, 10sp auto, etc.

I can't wait to see the order guide come out to see how all of these options are packaged.
You thinking of going with the red Recaros this time?
Sponsored

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
Does anyone ever take one man's online opinion serious enough to effect a $40,000+ decision?

But the vast majority of people viewing this thread aren't buying a thing,
Dead on!

Rash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Magnetic/Showstopper Red, 401A, Active Exhaust
Are any of the black rims for the '18 matte finish? The pics of the car on this page look mattte, but in the pics on page 125, they all look gloss.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Interesting, didn't know they were going with the scoops on the ecoboost as well. Color looks great. Wheels aren't too bad. Hate the stripe. Looking forward to seeing them in the wild. Still not sold on the front yet.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
The system has already been proven on vehicles from other manufacturers and people with DI vehicles that have added port injection. I don't understand why people think things like DI and E85 are the devil.
DI hasn't gotten all the way past its 'growing pains' stage yet. Aside from healthy skepticism (I'm not an early-adopter of everything that comes down the pike), I'm now on 'fixed income'. Meaning that I'm even less willing to be anybody's beta-tester for anything that could get expensive or unreasonably inconvenient later.

E85 is not commonly available everywhere - I've NEVER seen it anywhere near where I live, or where I've commonly driven to. Never mind the drop in usable driving distance from full to empty (something like 25%?).

Norm

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Interesting, didn't know they were going with the scoops on the ecoboost as well. Color looks great. Wheels aren't too bad. Hate the stripe. Looking forward to seeing them in the wild. Still not sold on the front yet.
I guess there is no point in making two different hoods since there are only two engine choices now. Might help keep the eco cooler as well. Can't wait to see them on the road but I couldn't swing 40k+ another GT with the options I would get :frusty:

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
You thinking of going with the red Recaros this time?
YES YES YES YES:D:lol: . The good old days and those Recaro, Redline sightings.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Timing is everything in life.

It will need to be discounted - a lot !
I have been discussing the pros and cons of each model year from some time now on this forum. I am waiting until Ford releases more information about the
2018 Mustang 5.0 Coyote engine (specs & pricing) and to see one in person.
My local dealer says they are getting one in for a preview mid April. If I like what I see and what I hear in terms of pricing and specs I will probably place a deposit on a 2018 when the order banks open. If not I will probably go the route of buying a 2017 off the lot and enjoy her for three years until the S650 comes out.
Either way its a win, win for me. Like I have said in all previous posts I am weighing in on pros and cons to purchasing a 1st model that has made major changes to: engine, transmission, fuel delivery etc ...
I know the previous posts on Duel Injection referenced only direct injection articles and that Ford's use of both Direct & Port injection addresses issues related to carbon built up. But that was not the point I was trying to make.
Like I have said I like what the 2018 model brings to the table, but with all new technology comes the risk of 1st generation issues. I have worked in automotive sales for over 10 years and 10 years in information technology so experience is on my side. Enough said. I will not discuss this topic further. ;)

Sekhon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevrolet SS
I have been discussing the pros and cons of each model year from some time now on this forum. I am waiting until Ford releases more information about the
2018 Mustang 5.0 Coyote engine (specs & pricing) and to see one in person.
My local dealer says they are getting one in for a preview mid April. If I like what I see and what I hear in terms of pricing and specs I will probably place a deposit on a 2018 when the order banks open. If not I will probably go the route of buying a 2017 off the lot and enjoy her for three years until the S650 comes out.
Either way its a win, win for me. Like I have said in all previous posts I am weighing in on pros and cons to purchasing a 1st model that has made major changes to: engine, transmission, fuel delivery etc ...
I know the previous posts on Duel Injection referenced only direct injection articles and that Ford's use of both Direct & Port injection addresses issues related to carbon built up. But that was not the point I was trying to make.
Like I have said I like what the 2018 model brings to the table, but with all new technology comes the risk of 1st generation issues. I have worked in automotive sales for over 10 years and 10 years in information technology so experience is on my side. Enough said. I will not discuss this topic further. ;)
Even if something were to go wrong mechanically, you are always covered under the warranty. So you wont have to pay for being the beta tester :headbonk:

Regardless, definitely see it in person and I am sure you will change your mind about the looks.

JoeySD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
16' BMW M2, 6MT, Long Beach Blue Metalic
Fantastic photos, thank you. And thank you for staying on topic :thumbsup:

===================================
Anymore thread derailments will be deleted. Thank you.
Lightning blue without that odd uneven stripe and a black painted roof would look spectacular !!!

Sponsored

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Lightning blue without that odd uneven stripe and a black painted roof would look spectacular !!!
Yep, I agree, and if I get an '18, it will most likely be Lightning Blue. I call dibs, since we're both in San Diego, and we don't want too many running around in the same color :)

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Those photos earlier in this thread of the race red with silver wheels and bright trim have made my mind up. Race red GT auto with bright wheels and trim and the wing is my choice (provided we are offered this combination over here).
Cant go wrong with a bright red sports car!:thumbsup:

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Yeah, they (red sports cars) look nice... but seem to find the radar gun too often.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Yeah, they (red sports cars) look nice... but seem to find the radar gun too often.
And if you buy into insurance company statistics. They are involved in more accidents than any other color car.

saxman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge
Has anyone heard the new active exhaust option on the 18 in person? I'm wondering how it compares to the sound of the Camaro's NPP exhaust and how it compares to aftermarket exhausts on the current 5.0. I'm wondering about loudness and tone both. I think the NPP has a decent tone for a stock option but could be a little louder in track mode. I heard a nice aftermarket exhaust on a 15+ the other day. I wished I would have asked what it was. Sounded incredible.
Sponsored