Sponsored

Official: 2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Detailed! (Options/Features, Specs, Photos, Info)

MrWolf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
MY2018 Magnetic Auto GT
Check my build thread. It's totaled. Got airborne, hit a tree and flipped over landing on the roof. My car went crazy sideways as I was accelerating and shifted into 2nd about 45mph.
Weirdly mine wasn't all that different (except I didn't get airborne or flipped).
[/URL][/IMG]

So now I too am awaiting a MY18. I guess there's always light at the end of the tunnel
Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Just because you have both direct & port injection does not mean there will be no problems. I am getting it ! More than you know. My point is the failure points on the new 2018 most probably come from direct port injectors & the fuel pump which operates at a higher PSI. Any issues that arise with the direct port injectors and its going to be a pretty expensive repair bill. First year engine & transmission so be prepared for all those first year TSB's to be posted here as well. :lol:
We are not talking about "problems"... we are talking about you rambling on about build-up in DFI engines.

And how your links are irrelevant because having dual-injection resolves such issues. So your overly obsessive "worry" about 2018 Mustang GT owners is unfounded.

Subsequently, your new accretion that because it is a more advanced engine, that it may suffer more problems is also unfounded. You make it seems as if Ford (or other manufacturers) can't use high pressure fuel system effectively.

Not sure if you know this, but Ford has 3 engines that use dual-injection. Mustang is only one of the engines getting it for 2018.

activeGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 350 Lead-foot grey
I like direct injection. Alot. And I can afford to buy the '18 so why wouldn't I?

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
Read my previous posts !!!!!

We are not talking about "problems"... we are talking about you rambling on about build-up in DFI engines.

And how your links are irrelevant because having dual-injection resolves such issues. So your overly obsessive "worry" about 2018 Mustang GT owners is unfounded.

Subsequently, your new accretion that because it is a more advanced engine, that it may suffer more problems is also unfounded. You make it seems as if Ford (or other manufacturers) can't use high pressure fuel system effectively.

Not sure if you know this, but Ford has 3 engines that use dual-injection. Mustang is only one of the engines getting it for 2018.
I have never mentioned anything about carbon build-up in DFI engines.
Having port injection will apparently solve that issue.
You seem to have taken my comments personally, no need to get upset about
comments I am making. # 1 I am pointing out that Ford is introducing a new engine, new transmission, new injection system and if you had one shred of common sense you would know first year products always have issues. I am just pointing out a very real possible fact. You must be either a Ford assembly worker or employee to have taken my posts so seriously. :lol:

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
There is always someone that wants to shoot down what your planning to do..........dont be that guy.

Don't be a Debbie downer.....

Anyway they said FI in dirt bikes would be the devil....well it has proven to be the best thing in dirt bikes ever!!!!

Sponsored

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
There is always someone that wants to shoot down what your planning to do..........dont be that guy.

Don't be a Debbie downer.....

Anyway they said FI in dirt bikes would be the devil....well it has proven to be the best thing in dirt bikes ever!!!!
Not that guy :lol: Just wanted to see how many people would come out in support of the 2018 5.0 Coyote engine with dual injection. People really need
to chill. Thanks for the input - Looking to purchase a 2018 Ford Mustang GT.
I have'nt purchase the 2017 because I am waiting to see one in person and for
Ford to release the specs & pricing. Guess too many people forgot today's April 1. :lol: :lol: :lol:

NOLA_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
'89 GT Conv, '03 GT
Does anyone ever take one man's online opinion serious enough to effect a $40,000+ decision?

People are either buying the '17 because that's what the want, or buying the '18 because that's what they want. But the vast majority of people viewing this thread aren't buying a thing, they're just trying to stay up to date with the most recent "2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Details"

So could we stay on topic and save the arguments for a new engine reliability thread? I'm just trying to find out if there are anymore concrete details on my next car purchase. Thanks.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
Next Ford tidbit of Information ....

Does anyone ever take one man's online opinion serious enough to effect a $40,000+ decision?

People are either buying the '17 because that's what the want, or buying the '18 because that's what they want. But the vast majority of people viewing this thread aren't buying a thing, they're just trying to stay up to date with the most recent "2018 Ford Mustang Refresh Details"

So could we stay on topic and save the arguments for a new engine reliability thread? I'm just trying to find out if there are anymore concrete details on my next car purchase. Thanks.
Thats what I keep saying. People need to relax. Opinions are just that.
Next info leak should come from Ford at New York International Auto Show Apr 14 - Apr 23, 2017. ;)

The Great Gazoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Silver GT/Auto
Yup. Saw it today as well. It was a 2.3L. About the only thing I thought was weird was the exhaust on the 2.3 was an inner pipe on the larger outer tailpipe. The front end and rear end looked like all the other pictures. A yellow '17 was parked very close to it so the front and rear could be easily compared.

Vancouver Auto Show

IMG_9407.jpg

IMG_9408.jpg

IMG_9409.jpg

IMG_9410.jpg

IMG_9411.jpg

IMG_9413.jpg

Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Thats what I keep saying. People need to relax. Opinions are just that.
Next info leak should come from Ford at New York International Auto Show Apr 14 - Apr 23, 2017. ;)
Continuously linking threads about DFI issues and intermixing facts with opinions, is why other's are responding, to correct you.

Nobody is stressed.

Stevefreestyle

Blue Blood
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT 10Sp Auto, Velocity Blue
Personally I like all the upgrades on the 2018. I think they all make perfect sense. More power, better mpg, great tech. I just don't like the idea of putting close to 40k down on a car with this much 1st year changes. I am playing it safe by going with a 2017 - plus I like the front end a whole lot more. Oh yeah the 2017's will be discounted too. ;)
It will need to be discounted - a lot !

Bob99b5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2007 Mustang GT convertible
I didn't care for the faded stripe they introduced last year, and I like this one on the '18 even less.
Sponsored